Sign in to follow this  

Trail Chat

This post can be like a place to just chat. Kinda like the Cowhorse Coffee Cafe. Anyone wanna join?

[ 12-23-2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Me N' Ace ]

[smileywavey] Me! Me! [smileywavey]

Introduction--My name is Cheri. I'm married and have 2 girls, one is grown the other is 4. We have 3 horses,

Spyce--16 year old Appaloosa

Charm--3 year old Appaloosa

Bud--? year old QH

We love to camp with our horses in the summer. Anybody else?

Cool, someone joined! I didnt think anyone would!

Hey I'm Chelsea I'm 13, and have 3 horses. Ace and 20 year old half-arabian gelding, Southen a 6 year old APHA gelding, and Black Jack a 2 year old TWH gelding. I love to trail ride and barrel race!

I like your name. My four year olds name is Chelsea too [smile] I am of course almost as old as dirt, but I like to trail ride and would like to try team penning someday.

Hey all, I'm Ellie.. I'm 23...

At one point in my life, I was a devoted h/j.. but I've discovered, thanks to my friends, how much fun trail riding can be. [smile] (well, I guess I knew how much fun it could be, I'd certainly done it before and all, but not as.. well, you guys know what I mean, huh?)

I've got a 2yo Appy...

Hi! Lora here...I'm 32, married, with two daughters, Autumn and Myah. I recently sold my QH mare, and we loved trail riding! I trained her myself, and she was truly my pride and joy. But, I am now the proud new owner of a 6 mo QH colt. I'm hoping to have my ultimate versatility horse with him, as I love doing it ALL! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by charmergirl:

I like your name. My four year olds name is Chelsea too
[smile]
I am of course almost as old as dirt, but I like to trail ride and would like to try team penning someday.

Where I live once a month they offer team penning lessons to everyone, for like $40.00 and your horse dosent even know how to cut!! I'm also very, very involved in 4-H. I do Horse Judging and Hippology. I dont do poles but, I do barrels. I am gonna start doing western pleasure with Southern this summer also!

quote:

Originally posted by ThreeStarsCorc:

Hey all, I'm Ellie.. I'm 23...

At one point in my life, I was a devoted h/j.. but I've discovered, thanks to my friends, how much fun trail riding can be.
[smile]
(well, I guess I knew how much fun it could be, I'd certainly done it before and all, but not as.. well, you guys know what I mean, huh?)

I've got a 2yo Appy...

Hi [smileywavey] I love appys. os he a blanket or a lepard(sp?)???

quote:

Originally posted by Lora:

Hi! Lora here...I'm 32, married, with two daughters, Autumn and Myah. I recently sold my QH mare, and we loved trail riding! I trained her myself, and she was truly my pride and joy. But, I am now the proud new owner of a 6 mo QH colt. I'm hoping to have my ultimate versatility horse with him, as I love doing it ALL!
[big Grin]

Hi! [smileywavey] I want to(when I get older) get a horse and train the colt/filly myself. I think that would be awesome! i'm starting to get into the the Pat Parreli horsemanship training also!

[ 11-18-2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Me N' Ace ]

Hey,

I'm a liscenced trail guide through parks Canada, I spend my summers taking tourists out on rides.

I put alot of trail miles in! haha.. We have about 20-21 horses on the line and 4 or 5 guides. We work about 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I have 2 QH geldings. My 8 year old I received 4 years ago as an x-mas gift. I just bought my 4 year old about a month ago. Both are awesome little guide horses and both are solid rope horses.

I love the trail.

It's awesome for my horses minds, all winter we work on technical stuff.(in the arena)..then in the summer I lay off and let them do the thinking and relax a bit.

CO - I envy your job! I have to sit a computer all day.

I'm Dana. I have an 8 y/o QH/Arab gelding. I live in Florida and love the trails. We do some hard trail riding where we are conditioning for LDR endurance and light riding that includes goofing off for picnics and swimming.

I love trail riding. Riding is so much more fun when you get to enjoy the scenery instead of a mindless circle. I do way too little arena work because I am so easily bored. I actually do most of my training work on the trails.

Great thread! Welcome everyone.

Hi! Most of you know who I am, and all about my horse... but just in case:

Zephyr is a 7yo Arab / Rocky Mountain Horse gelding who I recently discovered can foxtrot.

I got him in May of 2002, and we spent that summer doing organized pleasure rides. 2003 was our first season of Competitive Trail and Endurance (I'm a member of the Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Association... ECTRA). Last summer we did two 25-mile CTRs, two 30-mile CTRs, a two-day 50-mile CTR, and a one-day 50-mile Endurance ride, and he loves his job!! At our second 30-mile ride he won the Grade breed award... and at our second 25-miler he top tenned.

Our ride stories and photos can be found at http://www.zegifts.com/Stories.htm if you're interested in reading them ... make sure you have a comfortable chair before you go there though! [Eek!]

Here is Zephyr and I at one of our last rides:

-

My day job: I am the Marketing Department for a midsize Civil Engineering firm. Also, I have a home business.

Nice to meet you all! [big Grin]

Hi, its really nice to have a place to chat, I didn't really feel like I fit in in CCC since I'm so new and everyone else knows each other.

I'm almost as old a dirt. Course my kids will tell you I lived in the "cowboy days". I'm an accountant for a car dealership.

I'd like to join too!!

quote:

Originally posted by Me N' Ace:

Hi
[smileywavey]
I love appys. os he a blanket or a lepard(sp?)???

He has a big blanket, and the spots don't stop there..

-

He's only 2, I have a feeling that he will get more roan-y with time, but I'm hoping he stays the way he is!

Nice to meet everybody! I'm Shannon, married to George, 2 kids- Cathy & Jeremy. We're in Kentucky & have 5 horses & 5 dogs. We have 2 good riding horses- Sonny is a 14yo Palomino gelding & Sheba AKA "the She-bear" is around 16. The other horses are Honey, weanling red dun APHA; Lily, 4yo grade paint who is going to a trainer this spring & Bonnie, green broke 4yo APHA mare who I am selling. I am currently shopping for a horse for me to trail ride on.

Right now we just ride around where we live. We have a 12 acre farm with access to another 150-200 acres to ride on the farm behind ours. Lots of wild life around to see which is cool!

We're hoping next summer to sell our 2-horse trailer & buy a 4 horse trailer instead. We'd like to start camping with the horses on weekends & hit some of the state parks.

Back to work for me, hope everyone has a great day! [smileywavey]

Can we use another Chelsea on this chat?? [smile]

I'm 18, have a 9 yr old paint/arab cross mare. She's my all around horse. Started off just trail riding, moved to showing, then to competitive trail rides. Hope to keep up on the CTRs and maybe move up to the smaller endurance rides. I also take care of two paints and a arab/QH at the barn where I board.

Nice to meet you all [smileywavey]

Good Afternoon All [smileywavey]

Hi Zm. I just love this new forum.

Trailmom. I know what you mean. I kind of always felt out of place too. I feel kind of at home here already.

Me N Ace. They have practice places for team penning here to. There are 3 in my area. I just have to find someone to go wth me. And now that winter is here I have to wait.

Boy the horses were dirty this morning. It has been slighty warm the last couple of days and they were rolling in the mud. Now it is raining. Yuck [Frown]

Canadian Outrider. I would love to have your job. Do you ever get sick of it? I bet you don't.

Hey Indy [smileywavey] great name.

This is a great forum huh?

Wow this is great somewhere to talk about trail riding & camping....Yippy [smileywavey]

I'm as old as dirt also??? Single with a 18 yr old daughter that barrel races. Between her & me we have 5 horses.. 3 qtr, 1 paint, & 1 appy..

I love to trailride & camp..

In afew years,my goal is to get into competitive trail...

Hope to meet alot of more nice people on this board.

This is so cool! I was wondering when HC was going to get a trail riding forum!

My name is Annie and I'm 27 years old. I live in central PA on a small farm next to my in-laws who own a large dairy farm. I am the herd manager on the midnight shift 7 days a week, so I am pretty busy with work. I still try to ride about 4 days a week on the farms and a huge hunting camp next to us (well, not for much longer- deer season is soon! [Eek!] ).

I have 4 horses: my pride and joy, Zoey, a 12yo QH mare, Daisy, a 6yo QH mare (who I am re-training right now), Cody, a 7 month QH colt (Daisy's), and the newest one is Cherokee, a ? year old paint who I rescued from the Amish farm a few miles away.

I don't get a chance to get on HC all that often, but with winter coming on (and this new forum [big Grin] ) I'll be on more often!

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Hi,I am Tuck here is my story:

I am 44,married and the mother of 3sons. Ramon,28 ,Tyler 11 and Kenny 8.I live in a small rural area in northern Okla.

I am a pro dog trainer for 24 years,and give a 10 course twice a year as well as train privately.I sub teach for the local school system.I also have an associates in art.And love to draw horses,and have carved a carrosel horse.My husband is a lineman for the local utilities company.

I have ridden a horse as soon as I was walking.Might have been the gas meter horse but I was ride-in.I lived my life with spring and imagined horses till I was 10.We moved to Okla and my life was spent riding and dreamin and learning as much as I could about horses.My parents could not afford one.I started working with other peoples horses.I learned the hard way by taking out unriden,,spoiled horses.I spent alot of time at the local stables and begged to ride.I learned alot.

At the age of 21,I got my first horse.He was a green 2 year old Polish Arabian.His name is Bedouin Ruler.I trained him and we did everything from dressage to barrels.He is still in my back yard now.And I will have him for as long as he is here.He loves people and kids and was real easy to train.As he wanted to just please me.I have bought and sold a few horses over the years,ethier unbroke or spoiled and training them to be good horses.

I have in my backyard,chickens,pigions,2 ducks, 20 netherland dwarf rabbits,4 show shelties, 2 show beagles.Inside is the fish,lizards,a green tree snake,2 guinea pigs (thanks to ratts on GC)A canary and a betta.Can you tell we like pets???

I hope you enjoyed my story.

I am currently looking for another horse to ride and train.But I have many stories to share here on trail riding. [smileywavey]

Me me me...pick me!! Okay, I am not a big trail rider, but I am trying to get into it. I am mother to the "trailriding issues" mare (Lace) and five others. Podray, Ginger, Fancy, Beauti and Jasper. Oh yeah, I have a husband and two children. I am really into barrel racing and would love to try teampenning some day (amoung other things), but my calmer side says that I should give trailriding a shot. It would be good for my horses as well even though Lace believe otherwise [Roll Eyes] . Most of our friends trailride only, but most of their horses are a little....um....how do I say

this ......nicely.....ill-mannered? I know, that was tacky!! Hope to read more of ya'.

quote:

Originally posted by Trailmom:

Hi, its really nice to have a place to chat, I didn't really feel like I fit in in CCC since I'm so new and everyone else knows each other.

I'm
almost
as old a dirt. Course my kids will tell you I lived in the "cowboy days". I'm an accountant for a car dealership.

I'd like to join too!!

Trailmom - I know how you feel about your kids making fun of your age. My 16 y/o son will be talking to a friend on the phone and say - "yeah my mom has similar stories about practical jokes when she was in school. One day in class, the teacher got so mad at them because Jesus turned the water into wine..." I tell him that he better watch himself; I know where he sleeps!

Sounds like I'm in good company!!!

I always tell mine that "they are ugly and their momma dresses them funny".

The 9 yr old always says "yea, and I know who your mom is."

Please don't tell gradma!!!

quote:

Originally posted by ThreeStarsCorc:

quote:

Originally posted by Me N' Ace:

Hi
[smileywavey]
I love appys. os he a blanket or a lepard(sp?)???

He has a big blanket, and the spots don't stop there..

-

He's only 2, I have a feeling that he will get more roan-y with time, but I'm hoping he stays the way he is!

Wow [Eek!] he's pretty!!

quote:

Originally posted by Trailmom:

I'm
almost
as old a dirt. Course my kids will tell you I lived in the "cowboy days". I'm an accountant for a car dealership.

I'd like to join too!!

Your always welcome here! I've been on her several months and I still dont know everyone!! [Wink]

Shann where exactly from Ky. are you from? I'm from/live in Ky. also. I live in a small town called Calhoun, it's right outside of Owensboro.

[big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Can I tell you guys how nice I think it is that there are some appy lovers on here?

I've had some people like him, in spite of him being an appy, but really don't encounter many who like him because he IS an appy. Know what I mean? I know, its not universal, but I've been picking up heavy doses of anti-appy sentiment lately.

You kentucky people ever take your horses to mammoth cave np? It's one of my favorite places in the world! Haven't taken any critters there yet, but I did take 3starstoulouse once (she tried to throw me in the river and kill me.. hahaha) and we had quite the time, camping in the rain, getting cold, and... wait... hahaha! But we did have a great time. Kept people from setting up camp too close to us by playing my mandolin as loud as possible... yeah. I love that place, above ground and below!

I've had some friends ride at mammoth cave and they loved it. I'm going this summer. If I can find a weekend that I dont have a horse show!