Sign in to follow this  

Trail Chat

Good Morning fellow trail riders. Only got a second here to post, but wanted to tell threestars to put Vicks Vaporub on the splinter, it will draw it out for you. Or you coudl always wait till it gets a little infected, that always pops them out. Sorry to be gross there.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on Kimi, she is somthing else.

Talk to you everyone later. Have a GREAT day [smileywavey]

[ 11-22-2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Kelly's Ace ]

Good morning! [smileywavey]

3Stars , sorry about the splinter! OUCH! I get tiny ones sometimes too, and end up practically doing my own surgery to get them out!

flequus , that's good to know about the tape. Have to try that next time. Kelly , have to try the Vicks, too. That's odd about that...wonder why Vicks works?

Well, no snow here,yet. But we're supposed to get some this weekend.

Canadian Outridder , I love Tug! He reminds me of my Rosie somehow...maybe the same color.

Here she is, telling me exactly what she thinks of my training techniques...hee hee

-

Morning everyone. [smileywavey]

WildRose that's a good pic buddy. Now if she'd only stick her tongue out at you. [big Grin]

Canadian I love your pics.Your stalls remind me of my barn. That is what my Brute's stall looks like.Now if he'd only keep his shavings in it [Frown] instead of pawing them out into the alleyway or the stall behind him. [Mad] He's doing much better at it tho. I bought some heavier chain and made two kick chains, and now the bedding is staying in much better. I also took an old kids ball the kids had and duct taped a handle on it and hung that in there for him to play with. So now I'm crossing my fingers that in a week or so I can take the kick chains off and he'll still keep his bedding in his own stall. [Razz]

Shann Jeremy is such a cutie. Man you guys are gonna have to be good shots when he starts dating. I'm also very green with envy. Nobody in my house rides but me. Hubby swears he hates horses, but he doesn't do a very good impression of it. Still won't ride tho. *sigh* who knows some day I might have a grandchild that will want to ride. [big Grin] Something to look forward to I guess.

Have a great day all, and stay safe and warm. [smile]

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and this thread has exploded! I didn't get a chance to go back and read all of the pages that I missed yet, but I will.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in central PA, but I can't go riding- I have an abcessed tooth and the dentist can't do anything for a few days because of the swelling, so he put me on clindamycin (antibiotic), and vicodin (super strong pain killer). Needless to say, I'm sleeping about 20 hours a day and feeling very dizzy! I hope everyone who can gets to go out this weekend!

Mornin all [smileywavey]

Charmergirl: Thanks for the welcome [smile] I hope you get to work with Charmer this weekend. I plan on riding Reo today and tomorrow.

Ivory: Welcome [big Grin] I have a 14 yr. old daughter who I wished loved to go trail riding half as much as I do. She would rather go to barrel races.

horsecrazytn: Welcome to the group [smile] We used to have a GMC 1/2 ton. I used it to pull my 18 ft. gooseneck. It did a pretty good job, but we finally got us a 1-ton dually. Much, much better.

flequus & Kelly: never thought about using tape or vicks for a splinter. I'm gonna try that on my daughter next time. She can't handle pain at all!

WildRose: love your pic. [big Grin] I laughed when I saw it.

mudder: hope the ball helps keep Brute from thinking of kicking out his shavings. It's such a pain when your horse messes up his stall. 3 of my horses don't mess in the stalls, only Reo does. She'll whiz in the middle of hers everynight. [Mad]

hollowfarm: So sorry about your tooth. [Frown] Hope you get to feeling much better soon. Your right about the column, it's gonna be pages by the time you feel like reading. Get well soon.

Shann: loved your pics. Your son is gonna be a handsome one.

I know I missed some of you, this trail chat is getting big. I hope eveyone gets a chance to ride this weekend.

Happy trails...

Good morning everyone!!! I missed work yesterday because my daughter was sick, so today I am at work just making up lost time.

WildRose I love the picture you posted of Rosie(?). So cute [Wink] ! And Mudder, I understand you shavings issue [Roll Eyes] . All three of my 5-month-olds seem to have shaving "issues". I came out the other morning after having left them up all night due to wet and cold weather, and infront of their stalls were mounds of shavings and they are just standing around like "who me? I didn't do that." Maybe it's bordem, so I will probably try the toy thing.

Oh yeah, I was able to talk to our vet yesterday afternoon, and he said Lace's tests came back showing a staff infection more than likely due to windsucking. Whew! No more flushing and he said that I can go back to riding her asap [big Grin] .* does happy dance * She will have her stitches removed from the caslicks procedure on Friday of next week. Well, I guess I will check in later.

Morning All [smileywavey]

I didn't have time to go back and read all the posts, but I hope you all are having a great day. I did get a chance to look at some of the pictures and they are all beautiful.

Doesn't look like riding weather here. Cold and windy. A good grooming session will have to do.

Since we're all posting our horse pics, I figured I might as well join in.

This is my 9 yr old paint/arab mare Kahlua.

-

-

-

That is my mare on the left. Her half sister on the right and the second mare's foals head got in the picture.

Enjoy [smile]

Wild Rose - haha.. That's a priceless picture! [big Grin]

Mudder - Of all the barns I have been in, that is the one I like the most. It's more functional than a box stall, Easy to bring him in and turn him out. Easy Maintenance and Tug loves it.

In standing stalls that are too narrow he will pull back. But in wide ones where can can easy move about, he's fine.

Everyone who posted pics - your horses are beautiful! [smile]

Hope everyone has a good day.. the weather here is very cold. So I don't know how much riding I'll get in [Roll Eyes]

[Mad] Well here it is almost dark. I have slept the day away. Mark went hunting and dropped Chels off at grandma's. I'm not used to the quiet around here. Nothing to wake me up. I'm off to the barn. At least get it cleaned up, get the horses cleaned up for the night, and do some stall work with Charmer. I need to work on Bud picking up his feet too.

Well I hope everybody had a nice productive day. [smileywavey]

Hello! [big Grin]

Yup, Canadian Outrider, Rosie can be a character at times! [big Grin]

Well, I spent most of the day making dog beds! My daugher wants three dogs for her two dogs. One goes in their kennel, two go in the bedroom!

Indy, NICE horses! I love the pictures!

[Eek!] WHOO HOO TRAILER UPDATE!!

OK, guys, had my brother's 22 bday party last night,so here's thec skinny now...

Went to look at trailers this after noon. The guy we'd contacted a/b the 3 horse wasnt home when we called (we were already on the road) so we went out anyway and climbed all over it, opened all the doors and were, of course, generally nosey.

Here's the pic form the ad:

-

It looked black to me, but it's actually a dark hunter green. Pretty cool. Anyhow, first thing we noticed was there was some rust- more than i'd like to see in the corners by the tire fenders, and on the divider bars. OK, so the bars can be wrapped, and maybe some power sanding and Rustoleum can handle the majority of the rust.

Floor-- very sound, already has the bolted down rubber matting. Wall & Doors-- also very good. Undercarriage-- flooring looked good underneath, axles good, etc etc.

Basically, there's more rust than i wanted to see, but structurely the trailer is sound. A '95, and he's taken it all the way to AR before. Has electric breaks, interior lights, relatively new tires inclu. spare.

He's asking $3300. I have a strong feeling that i can get it at $2900

On our way home, we come across a '97 3-horse. Exact same model. This one (grey) has NO rust, good tires and has been in a barn for the majority of its life. WHOA!! [Eek!] This one's for $3500. Guy wont come down from that price.

Here's the trick me and Liz struggled with the whole way home. Green trailer, cheaper, some rust. Grey trailer, more expensive, no rust. THe loan I applied for was for 3500, which with the green trailer, leaves us money to get wood/supplies to put up a new run-in for the boys before winter rains come, and pay for tax,title, etc. So....do we go with the visually appealing grey and use all them money? Or the green, put some work into later on and still have money for run-in,etc?? We're going with the green one.

AND on another note:

Liz and bro-in-law went to look at a '95 F250 Power-stroke Turbo Disel while i was at work this a.m. The ppl. selling will give it to them for 8000!! engine's been rebuilt and all. And they will buy Liz's Cougar off her (which allows her to buy the truck)!!! the truck is dark hunter green also, so the trailer and truck will match!!

Talk about an exciting day! Whew, sorry that took so long, but it's been one surprise after another! just waiting for the loan now. If all goes well, should have both within a week or two...then there's NO STOPPING US!! mwuhahahahaaha [big Grin][big Grin]

Addon: So i later decided that is for whatever reason the green trailer guy doesnt want to drop his price, than we will just go with the younger, better external condition of the grey one for the $200 more. [big Grin]

[ 11-23-2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: ThreeStarsToulouse ]

Hahaha! So, 3ST im'ed me to go read this instead of actually telling me about it! I'm really excited, because that 3rd horse spot is for my own. From the sounds of it, the rust is just cosmetic, so I voted for the cheaper trailer. But I didn't get to go see it, so I can't say for sure. But I trust 3ST to figure it out right.

And before you guys know it, you'll be running into the likes of us EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! Look out!!!

yes yes.. i do believe trailer good.

Plus, this guy, sounds like a good ol' boy (actually sounds middle aged) and "sounds" like an honest working guy. As opposed to the pther guy who spent most his time on the phone with me hollaring at his dog/horse/kid/girlfriend??? ah well...i think i'll go with the honest guy and his sociable horses (they got all excited as we were opening the trailer doors and playing around in it and came over to visit!--awwwwww)

That told me they are used to trailering, so he has been using it, and that's a good sign where trailers are concerend in my book. TSC, remind me to call the DMV tomorrow!

[ 11-22-2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: 3Stars-Toulouse ]

Hello all, I’m late as usual [Roll Eyes] I'm also almost as old as dirt, I have a hubby and three sons, one son ride once in a blue moon but I'm usually out with friends or by my self. That's okay, especially since my kids are grown and hubby works abroad.

I have one horse, Michico who is my heart and soul, my partner. I'm actually way too busy having fun [big Grin] I've just started jumping, so I ride my horse Michico on trails in the morning and go to the jumping barn and jump a TB I lease in the afternoon. Snowman, the TB, is a great guy too. I've been so lucky.

Wow, Mudder how cool you can ride this winter.

Flequs I’m so glad it looks like you’ve solved your saddle problem.

You’ll find your buddy Tuck probably when you least expect it. I only looked at Michico because I didn’t have anything else to do that day, I didn’t intend to buy him. See where that lead me? [Wink]

I know WR isn’t it hard to keep up with what everyone says? I love that picture of Rosie.

I liked the pictures Shann I don’t know who is cutest, Jeremy or Honey.

How well that fell into place 3stars It’s a nice looking trailer. I’m also looking for a trailer right now. I've already looked at several and I hope to go look at one tomorrow or Monday. That’s the one I really wish I can get so keep your fingers crossed...

I better get some zzz so I can get up early to ride tomorrow morning. [big Grin]

HTTY

good luck Flicka finding your trailer! It's so much fun, and Im so excited...cant wait cant wait.

Also, no one freak out, I spelled out the 3 from my name as "three" now, since i finally got liz to register with HC!! someone else will get addicted to this forum...and she's registered as ThreeStarsLoki, so I didnt want to be left out with my non-conformist ways.

Anyway, time for bed got work in the early a.m...again...dreaming of trails and the endliess possiblities of the open road and 3 horses behind ya! [big Grin]

[ 11-23-2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: ThreeStarsToulouse ]

Mornin' Ya'll [smileywavey] Sorry I havent posted in a while, I've been sooooooo busy. I got a friend over right now so my post wont be very long! I'm glad this topic has been such a success(sp?) usually whenever I had a topic noone would reply! Thanxs bunches you guys!!!! [big Grin]

Hi, ya'll. [smileywavey]

Had a fabulous ride yesterday. Weather finally cleared long enough for a chance to put in some saddle time.

Took your advise and didn't pony Little Bit. Wise choice, she spent most of the time kicking up her heels. Guess she was glad to see the weather clear too.

Had a freind to ride with, so I guess I'll just have to put off working on the barn/buddy sour problem for now. (Didn't hurt my feelings) [big Grin]

Morning everyone. [smileywavey]

Whoa 3starscroc how are we gonna keep you all straight? I'm gonna be so confused. I guess I'll just have to keep on reading and give you all some nicknames, just so I know who I'm talking to. Probably still get all mixed up. [big Grin] Probably got the name wrong already. [Wink][smile]

Indy lovely pics. I don't think I've seen your pics before. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Not much planned for today. Last day of babysitting and I get my life back. Can't wait.

Have a wonderful day everyone and stay safe and warm.

I’m so glad you had a good ride trailmom [big Grin]

I had a lousy trail ride yesterday on my friend’s TB in the jumping barn. He was spinning, bucking, rearing, and trying to take off and race… As my friend said, the alfalfa got to go! [Razz]

Today I was out with my boy and had a great ride… He was full of himself too, but he’s way too sensitive to try to run away with me and if he bucks it’s never malicious and he does it so smoothly it doesn’t matter. Ahhh… I feel so good after a nice long trail ride on my boy [big Grin]

HTTY

Oh Geez, Hope its not too late to enter this chat [Wink] . I've been busy, but I love this new trail riding forum. About time! [big Grin]

I'm Ashley, I'm 16, I have 2 horses. Patch is a 15(ish) year old Paint/Morgan mare. Shatzi is a 17 month old filly. 3/4 Paint.

I have rode since I was 8 on horses boarded on our farm. I taught myself to ride... and at 9 I was riding the trails by myself on a hot headed QH mare, who always seemed to take care of me, even though she was crazy. [smile] I rode many boarder horses over the years, trained some, rode out bucks!

Anyway, last December I got Patch, my first horse. I paid for half and my parents paid the other half for my christmas present. At the time Patch had a 6 month old filly at her side, (SHATZI) but I didnt even think about getting the foal. Then in March, her owner called and asked if I'd like to Take the foal, [Eek!] for free. So there it is! Thats how I got my first two horses! [big Grin]

All my riding years I rode the trails, until this year, when I started doing local speed events and gaming. Plus Rodeo. Of course I still Trail Ride! [big Grin]

Phew... I will stop for now. I can go on and on and on! [big Grin]

Nothing much here. Got the final grass cut done yesterday. It's supposed to hit 70 degrees today & drop down to 25 degrees tonight! [Eek!] So we're going to haul some firewood up to the house today. I've got a couple of emails to answer about my mare for sale, maybe something good will come of it- cross your fingers for me!

Have a great day everyone, talk to you later!

Shann

Hahaha mudder, we're not so hard to remember. here will this be easy?

ThreeStarsToulouse: TST or you can still say 3ST (Kristin)

ThreeStarsCorc: TSC

ThreeStarsLoki: TSL (Liz-- my sister)

Sorry if that's really confusing we're trying out our future barn and rescue name! that being that our horses, T, Loki, and Corc are the 3 stars of the barn [big Grin][big Grin]

sorry!

quote:

Originally posted by ThreeStarsToulouse:

Hahaha mudder, we're not so hard to remember. here will this be easy?

ThreeStarsToulouse: TST or you can still say 3ST (Kristin)

ThreeStarsCorc: TSC

ThreeStarsLoki: TSL (Liz-- my sister)

Sorry if that's really confusing we're trying out our future barn and rescue name! that being that our horses, T, Loki, and Corc are the 3 stars of the barn
[big Grin][big Grin]

sorry!

Gosh girls [Eek!] I'll never get that right, don't you know that we old-timers have lost our memory already? [Wink]

HTTY

Hi everyone! Hast, there was a great story in Equus Magazine about a Paso gelding. It is called "Forever Brio". I thought of Michico.

This horse was so calm and laid back until he was ridden...then the fire came out!

We are having a blizzard here. If you want to see pictures, check out my post "....BLIZZARD!" in General Chit Chat. I bought one of those little pen cams. It takes pretty good pictures, but there's no flash.

Welcome to Trail Chat, Ashley! [big Grin]

[smileywavey] Hi again

Thanks for all the comments on the pictures.

Cold again here. No riding. That's one thing I don't like about winter. I don't have a indoor arena, or even a barn that is semi-warm. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my horse.

Hope you are all having a great day!!!

I saw those pictures! [Eek!] Wild Rose you keep that nasty weather out yonder LOL.

Corc, Toulouse & Loki...I think I can keep y'all straight. Maybe. Of course half the time I can't remember my kids' names so we'll see! [Razz]

Congrats on the trailer & truck, sounds like a darn good deal! [smileywavey]

3stars that's so cool what you guys are doing. I Love it. [big Grin] Just please forgive me if I get you's mixed up. Like Hast says I'm old I can't remember what I did with my keys, let alone my mind. [Eek!][Roll Eyes] I might recognize it, if I run into it, not sure tho. [big Grin]

Shann no Hezah/Shezah Late Bloomer yet? She holding out till New Years I can see it now....tee hee. Just teasing yah. Hope she pops that baby already. [Razz]

Evenin All,

We just spent the last 2 days geetting the new stall ready.Do not have a horse to put in it yet.But we are now ready.Bo likes the extra room tho.We made it 12 by 16 and a door for both horses to get in to it from the inside.So now they will both have 12 by 16 stalls.Got about 2 feet of hay on the floor and we all did some stomping to get it to lay down.I will get more in the as time goes by.It has a dirt floor and we have tons of hay ,so it should be nice and soft by the time the horse gets here.

And as far as getting missed up with the 2 New Orleans buds.Not going to happen here.One is a croc and the other is a street. [big Grin]