Sign in to follow this  

Trail Chat

Sorry, it was another terrible light sweatshirt day here. Got a solid 2 hour ride in. I would have taken more pics, but this a fast moving ride.

Bumping this up because it got lost and wanted to share some riding pics around my house....

-

me and Pocohontas....

-

and this is just a pic of the lake....

-

it was a great day for a ride and a picnic lunch.

I'm terribly jealous. One of my horses had surgery to remove his eye last month and we are just now getting back to light riding. My other is too green for the trail just yet. Sniff sniff...oh how I miss the woods.

I am sorry fleggus....hope it is a quick recovery. If ya lived closer I could use someone to excercise my gang. Riding 4 horses and working is no easy task.

Hi! I'm 37 and have 2 kids. An 18 yr old and a 6 month old. I have 2 horses a 12 yr. old quarter horse mare and a 24 yr. old fox trotter. Had both of them since they were born. I also trained them both. We mostly trail ride but haven't been able to since the baby. I've done a little showing. (local show that happens when the fair comes every year) But mostly just enjoy trail riding. Can't wait to get back to riding! [big Grin]

Just popping in to say "HI".

We have had three days or rain so the trails are muddy and wet. As all the horses are barefoot I don't usually ride when it is sticky. The trails are mostly clay and that can get quite slippery. But I broke my rule yesterday and before it rained I headed out. It was a great day. Cool and fresh from the rain and no one else around at all. I was gone about two hours and one of the syces set out on foot to track me down. I guess he got concerned, bless his heart. I ran across him (not literally) when I was almost back at the stable.

I know what you mean about slick mud Remy. Last weekend, I was riding in an arena that was partially drained behind the rain. Clay had settled into the remaining puddle. I was riding my green horse through practicing water crossings. I like to let him pick his speed the first time through. He decides to trot through and loses his balance (not that he has much balance to begin with). His rear went right out from underneath him. I went right off the back and landed in a 6 inche deep clay puddle. Real good for my phone. Fortunately, neither of us were hurt. He didn't even bother to look guilty when I picked myself up to get back on.

I want to hit the trail this weekend. Our temps are supposed to be at 83 tomorrow, so I wanted to give both horses their first bath of the season. Picture 5 or 6 months worth of dirt being washed away. It will take a while. I doubt I will get the time to ride tomorrow. Well...maybe on Sunday.