Sign in to follow this  
charmergirl

Why don't we do another Introduction Thread?

I've noticed a lot of new peeps here. [smiley Wavey] How about we all introduce ourselves so we can get to know each other. [smile]

My name is Cheri. I live in Central New York. I am married with 2 girls aged 20 and 6. We have a Jack Russell named Scooby and a cat named gizmo, and many chickens.

We have 3 horses. Spyce is my 18 year old been there done that appaloosa mare. Charm is my 5 year old appaloosa mare outa Spyce. She is currently in training by me, albeit slow training. [Wink] Bud is my husbands QH gelding that came from a horse trader 2 and half years ago. We figure he is about 10-15 years old.

I love to go camping with my horses, family and friends. I love photography. I work with developmentally disabled adults and love my job. I try to garden, but am not to good at it. [Roll Eyes]

Check out my pictures in the album in my signature.

And most of all I love Horse City. How about you?

Good idea!!

I'm flequus. I am one of the paranoid that does not post my name on the internet except in PM's (looks around in a paranoid fashion for the lurkers) [Eek!][big Grin] . I grew up in Florida. I have four kids. Most are grown and gone. The youngest is 16. I have two grandkids from my daughter (my oldest). My firstborn son is in the Navy and my secondborn son just graduated HS. Three down, one to go!!

I have one horse and he is more than enough. I also don't refer to him by name because he is more paranoid than I am (looks around in a paranoid fashion for killer bunnies). [Razz] He is a QH/Arab cross. He'll be 10 at the end of August. Everyone tells me that 10 is the golden age for arabs - they get a brain. I keep hoping that is true, but will love him anyway if he doesn't. An older photo of him, but one of my favorites:

-

I work in IT by trade, but due to the lack of IT market currently, I am waiting tables in an italian restaurant (Billy Joel plug intended).

Welcome to all of the new folks!! [smiley Wavey]

Hi [smile] My name is Virginia and I live in central Virginia. I have one horse that is technically mine, but many that I ride and care for. My horse is a thoroughbred that I rescued from starvation. He's a 15.1 bay, no white. I have one dog-- german sheperd/lab. I have a cat named Booker T. and another named Muffin. I love wide open spaces and I enjoy dancing--(was going pro but injured my foot [bang Head] )

I'm Michael...Currently in Indiana but originally from Florida...Hey, I'm 1/2 Cuban 1/2 Italian like I had a choice, right? mid-40s four kids ages Eric 25, Michael 20, Sarah 15, and Abigail 10 and a grand daughter Janessa who is 5.

We currently only have 3 partners now...

"Topaz" 7/8ths Arabian

"Arapaho" Polish Arabian

"Desdenada Sorpresa" (Desi) Paso Fino x Spanish Mustang

We have a Border Collie that I am currently working with in agility and a long hair German Shepherd.

Currently I work in a medical clinic running the laboratory. Thats my slave job to pay bills. <ugh>

I teach partnership and relationship training in clinics and private lessons and have been traveling holding clinics and demos. ....even within natural horsemanship circles I am considered a rebel because of my philosophies in NH.

For those near Chicago...I will be at the Northern Illinois Horse Fest with Curt Pate, Ryan Gingerich, Terry Myers, Jimmy Driver and others on August 27 and 28. If you are there, please stop by and tell me who you are and your screen name. Would love to meet HC members.

Me with Arapaho on the left and Topaz on the right...this was back in January...my friend noticed that they have their eyes closed and are "smiling"...for those who live in Indiana, I will be riding Topaz bareback and bridle-less in the Potowatomi Festival Parade in Attica this year.

-

My true partner 3 1/2 year old "Desdenada Sorpresa" (Desi)

This was our first day of flag training...hoping to carry it in a parade next year

-

During a clinic...

-

Well I already introduced myself but I would love to do it again. I have 2 horses Whist(brown/white pinto) and Lulu (buckskin trakener), also 2 llamas Duchess and Sweetie. Born/raised in Vermont, recently moved to Minnesota. I love my animals!!! [Yay]

Hello everyone and welcome!

[ 07-29-2005, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Whist'sGal ]

I would love to find a chat room here and remember where it is and talk with people. Do you's all stay in the Trail Riding room? Anyway, I'm new, and my name is Vicky. I'm married with 2 daughters, Amanda is 24 married almost 1 year, and Courtney, 21. I have 2 dog's, Daizy is part poodle and part cairne terrior, and Sniffles is part chiwauaaw (sp) and part weiner dog. 2 horses , a 24 year old leopard appy gelding Whiskey, and a 9 year old Cremello Mustang kid. I love to ride, I think I ride in my sleep, but we have had such a hot summer here in Illinois we haven't gotten to ride but a couple of times this summer. [Me Cry] I'm wanting to sell my Mustang and find another appy. I love the app's. My mustang has physco problems. One ride he will be a dream, and the next ride better watch out, he will try to get you to St. Louis, MO in 30 minutes. [Duh] Oh, well, better go and feed all the animals. Hope to start chatting soon. Vicky [smiley Wavey]

In loving memory of Apache, my app. who went to greener pastures 03-18-05 ~ Love and miss you Apache!! [Angel][Angel]

Hi, my name is Cindy. I'm 40 something, hubby & I have 6 kids, 4 are grown, out of the house, 2 still @ home, 17yr old & 15yr old. We have 4 grandbabies, 2 boys & 2 girls.

Have 16 cows, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 1 kitty named Snickers, 2 dogs-Dottie a dalmatian we adopted from the spca 6yrs ago, Lil'Bit a great pyrenees, 3 horses, Early Girl (aka "Earl")she's Quarter-Racking mare I've owned all her 11 yrs (born here),a real brat- but she's my brat so i love her none the less. "Mustang Sally" our BLM mare , adopted her 2 1/2 yrs ago-the sweetest little horse I've ever owned, very much a one family horse. And "Buddy" we adopted from the spca last yr, we thought he was a Saddle Bred but found out last month he's Reg. Tenn. Walker. He loves being around people, a big pet. Have pics of them on photobucket.

I've been so lucky as not to have to work outside of the home, & have a great (but sometimes a pain) husband who puts up with me & my critters. He built Log Homes for many yrs & is suppose to be retired(altho he's buiding one right now). Farming is his passion now.

[smiley Wavey] Hey everyone,my name is Joan and I am also from Florida. Born and raised. I am in my early 40's I own 3 horses and one dog rescue from the pound. They are my children. I have 2 older quarterhorses, 1 is a dun gelding Dash, 27 years of age and my other quarter is Frecks a chestnut mare who is 28. Then I have my Arab mare Jewels who is 8. Love to trail ride on Jewels. Frecks and Dash are living the retirement life and living it well. If I knew how to post pictures on here I would, but I have not figured that out yet.

Hey Flequus...love your boy. I was thinking that when Frecks and Dash go on to greener pastures, I sure would like to get a quarter/arab. I love my arab, I use to be a quarter nut, but my little arab sure has me turned on.

My name is Leesa. I am married, have a 2 1/2 yr old son (Lucas),two cats (Lilly & Turbo), and one QH mare (Lily), who is about to have a baby. We are thinking of naming her baby Turbo. I trained Lily as a 2yr old, then she went to a sale and I never thought I would see her again. I honestly believe I thought about her every day for 7 years. I found her last fall, and brought her home in April. This is a major Black Beauty story. After 7 years, she knew who I was the second I got out of my truck. She ignored her owner the whole time I was there, and stayed right by my side. At that time, I still did not think I would ever get to own her, and cried for days. But things worked out and he lowered the price, and offered to let me make payments. So she is with me now, and for the rest of her life. [big Grin] Still rides awesome, and is bombproof.

I will post pics of her here soon, I still have to figure out my camera.

Hi, I"m Carol and I'm from Ohio. I'm 49 and have 3 children... daughter,24...sons,17 and 21.Three dogs...LH German Shep, black Lab, and a Border/Corgi mix. Four, soon to be five horses...Jessie's Badger Bar(Jessie)12,Jessie's Newbar Liberty(Libby, her 2 year old filly)Both my daughter's horses. Charming Like This(Quincy)10, my 21 yr old's horse. Mine is a recently acquired TW mare Rosie,10, we got from a rescue who bought her at an auction right off the slaughter truck. [Frown] We are working on getting a Standardbred mare from the same rescue, for my fiance, she's recovering from a huge cut on her hind end that from being stalled too long after her injuries, she needs to have her stifles tightened up. She also had the "elf" hooves going on. But they do great work and hopefully she'll be coming in a week or so!!

We love to ride but don't have much time to right now. We try to fit it in whenever we can.

My kids show their horses, we like to trail ride. I haven't really posted before... but I like to read the posts. I've gotten alot of info from you all.

quote:

Don't sweat the small stuff. Everthing is small stuff.

Howdy! I'm Julie. We live in South/Central Colorado. I'm married and have 2 kids. Driftincowboy is 16 and currently traveling to meet board buddies. He's on his way to see Mudder today. Driftincowgirl is 10, and is a natural born horsewoman. Can she ride!

We have 6 horses -

Bill - 5 y/o Zebra Dun AppendixQH Stud

Jordan - 7 y/o Arabian mutt

Calamity Jane - 6 y/o QH mutt

Cherokee - 13 y/o orney QuarterPony

Apache - D'cowboys 4 y/o mustang mare

Miss Hart 001 aka Gappy - 2 y/o QH. cowgirls all-around prospect.

2 dogs - Jake the border collie, and Genna a heeler mutt.

1 cat - Simon

5 fish, 4 chickens, 2 pheasants

[smiley Wavey]

Hi, my name is Sandy, and I am from Springfield, IL, I am 60 years old and still riding, I have two horses, one is an appy 28 years old and the other is a paint 15 years old. I trail ride and loved to camp, I go all over the state, I love Shawnee the most, I have been to Mo, riding and love it there also.

On July 20, I went to the Menard County Fair and rode the first annual Peter McCue trail ride, it was so hot, I took my 15 year old we made it ok.

Would love to meet other Il trail people to ride and talk to, and anyone out there in any other state.I like to read other people stories about trailing and camping and see all those pictures also.

Sandy

Hi my name is Butch cassity..J/K (for I too am a little paranoid) I will be 18 in 9 days whoo I have one horse Sundance and we are washed out from the hunter jumper ring so we TR now and he is a parelli level 1.I am way tall for him for show ring standards)and am in the middle of a second horse crisis [big Grin]

AKA NC trailsW/ sundance

nice to meet yall [smiley Wavey]

Hi [smiley Wavey] to all the newcomers.

My name is Deb and I am 47 [Me Cry] (sounds like a meeting for the age impaired). I have two grown children, Michelle 25 currently serving in the Navy and Michael 23 who works in the banking industry.

I am a farmgirl who has been transplanted to the mountains and my 4 horses are what keeps me in tune with my farm roots and keeps me sane enough to continue going to work each day.

I love trail riding, camping with my horses and have just started entering some gymkhana's with my mare, Sweetpea.

-

Sweetpea, grade mare, 7yo, rescued her about 2 1/2 years ago

-

Whiskey, Sweetpea's foal, now 2 yo and this was his first ride

-

My boyfriend and "43". 43 is about 14 yo and my cuddler. He just wants to please...(except when he wants to buck...working on that)

-

This is Snowman, a 25yo retired roping horse, who has been there, done that and WANTS to do it again! He is my boyfriend's horse and although he has developed navicular has more heart and go than a horse 1/2 his age.

-

All of them

Hi Everyone! I'm Michelle, 35 years young [big Grin] I have 2 children. An 8 year old boy and a 4(going on 16) year old girl. One dog (rescued) "Spotty" Dalmation mixed.(with what?don't know) one mean cat named Basil. She guards better than the dog.

I have 1 senior QH mare "BJ" (pics in gallery.) I also have another horse "Goldie" but she is currently at my moms house due to BJ's vet bills. Soon to join us. Also in a position to have a brand new baby app.next spring. BJ is boarded at a breeders barn and she has some loud apps. I just fell in love!

Love to trail ride. But will be showing baby app next year to earn the stud some extra points.

I'm 3/4 italian and 1/4 Welsh...hence the split personality [big Grin]

I'm a stay home mom right now, I also watch a few other children to make ends meet. I'm pretty sure I've lost most of my mind by now so looking forward to returning to work (next fall)

Also love to garden(keeps me sane) and live to spend time with my horses. considering going back to school to be a massuese (sp)but really want to work with horses.

Sheesh...writing a book here! sorry!

Goldie will soon be in the photo gallery. shes a little obese right now. [Embarrassed]

Nice to meet everyone, [Huggy]

Michelle

Hi, I'm new at posting but have been reading and learning for quite awhile here. My name is Anne, I live in the So Calif High Desert with my husband, 3 horses and 3 dogs.My husband's had Nickey our 30 year old Anglo-Arab(3/4 Arab,1/4 TB) since she was 2. Nellie is a 9 year old Standardbred handful, and Donna is a 4 year old Peruvian Paso with a beautiful mind but fear of the world. I helped raise my two stepsons who are now in their 30's. Our 10yr old granddaughter lives 3 hours away, and has grown up on stories of "Nickey the Magical Horse". [big Grin] Thanks to all of you I've learned so much here!

Hi! [smiley Wavey] My name is Allen Bryant. I own one horse. His name is Slidin Socks. My parents own 14, excluding mine. We teampen alot and also show in the ARHA and the CRHA.

Here's of my pic of my wonderful APHA Gelding! [big Grin]

These pics are few months old and look like crap because I just got my digital camera for X-mas last year.

-

-

A pic of our stud King. He looks alot different now. He's fatter and more muscular. His color is also darker now! He's a very dark liver chesnut.

-

A pic of one of my Mom's mares, Goldie. -

I'll post more pics sometime in the future! [big Grin]

[ 07-29-2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: SlidinSocks ]

Hi all! I live in NY not too far from Charmergirl. We keep trying to get together for a ride, but my truck doesn't want to cooperate. We'll get there, though.

I own (or maybe I should say I'm owned by) Babe, a 10 year old double registered QH/Paint mare, and my boyfriend owns a 10 year old App gelding named Mac. Babe is my serious, intellectual horse. She's very self-confident and learns things so quickly. She's always thinking and analyzing things. Mac is the impulsive, little kid clown, always getting into things. I always say he's a cross between Jethro (Beverly Hillbillies) and Steve Urkel (sitcom Family Matters). They have very different personalities, which is nice. We have a lot of fun with the horses trail riding and just hanging out with them. They are both very personable horses and a joy to be around.

I also have 2 collies that share my home and life. They are both getting older (10 and 11) and have some mild old age problems, but in general, they are doing great for their ages.

I work as a disability analyst determining/processing Social Security disability claims. I'm also a registered nurse, but I don't practice anymore.

I love hanging out with my human and animal friends, trail riding, and just enjoying life.

Hello. My name is Nicole, I'm youn enough to do it, but old enough to know better... [bat Eyelashes] I have a small lesson and boarding facility in MN...

Here is our family as it is right now..

This is Issac 5 year old Morgan x saddlebred x qh

-

This is Nuke He is our standardbred rescue

-

This is a mare that is with me for 30 days training..

-

Here is the two youngest members of the family here. They are Kentucky Mt. Saddle horses.

-

-

Hi, I'm from SE Missouri. I don't post alot on here but enjoy reading the posts and seeing all the great pictures from everybody's adventures. I'm married and my husband and I both enjoy riding. We have 7 horses,(paints and quarters). We also raise cattle. We barrel race mainly but try to trail ride as much as we can and hope to make it to Colorado and Montana to ride one day. We're going to S. Dakota in September so maybe I can figure out how to post pictures and have some to share when we get back.

I'm Richard early 50's retired Army and live in Central Texas. Married 28 great years. I have 2 children grown. My daughter is married and lives in Arizona. My son is in the Navy and currently in San Diego. We currently have 7 horses and my ranch partner has 4.

Tanner - 32yr. QH

Solo - 8yr. reg. QH

Lilly - 7yr. QH

Little J - approx. 4 Mustang

Lil' Buck - 2yr. Foal to Solo, QH

Bud - 4yr. mini

Wieser - 4yr. mini (yes that is Bud - Wieser)

My ranch partner has a 45yr. Mustang, 32yr. TB, 12yr. TB, and a 6yr. Paint.

Currently working on second career (pays the bills) and when I retire from that will be going into my 3rd career with horses. Currently trained on Equine Chiropractic (personal not professional), plan on attend a Farriers course soon (tired of not finding decent farriers). Also do light training (again personal not professional).

Hi all!

My name is Therese and I am from MN. I am owned by 13 horses (there not even mine but I care for and train them) and they have me trained very well. I also caretake for a friend when she is gone, and have a real job to boot! I am starting a mobile tack store(anyone from MN you may have seen me at a few wsca shows The Tack Box) and I specialize in natural horse products. Horse stuff determines what I do and when I do it and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Now that I am done with my comercial [smile] I have been riding forever and have 2 cats that also have me well trained. I will be showing for the first time in 3 years this weekend so wish me luck! Its nice to finally meet all of you and feel free come up if you see my booth!

Have to do the banana guy!

[Yay]

Hay everybody,

I'm rawline and I live in Washington State, I am 43 years old with 5 children. My oldest of 23 passed away this year in a car accident, my 19 year old is in boot camp in chicago for the navy, my 18 year old is headed off to college the end of this month and the other two live with their mother except during the summer. I have just bought my first horse since I was 15 a 4 year old quarter horse paint, (Braves Par Bar) AKA Zanza. She is just back from the trainer of 60 days and what a blast we are having. She has literally saved my life this year and I cannot thank her enough. We love to trail ride and groom and we haven't started camping yet, but that will come next year. I got her a couple of months before my son left us, it was so wierd something just told me it was time, cause I'd been waiting. I just started looking and the first place I went, she snuggled up to me and I didn't even look at another horse. It is just meant to be! I love horsecity, although I seem to be out of the area compared to the rest of you. we are having wonderful hot weather here this summer and the evenings are great for riding if you put on enough bug juice (both horse and rider) and after a hot day, riding through the irrigation sprinklers is a joy for horse and rider. Zan has learned to stop and wait for them to come around so she can get a cool off. Fighting fear and relaxing is my challenge, she is perfect, but i figure i have one heck of an angel looking out for me. Glad to meet all of you and hear your stories. Also glad to know I am not the oldest person alive riding horses. [Wink]

hello everybody...

I be Ellie, 24 years old, and I rock the retail management. I have one horse, a 4yo appy. He is getting a bit tubby, but has really matured this year. I've started him over fences and do a fair amount of dessage with him, but we love our trails. It's been a bit hot here too, so lately I've just been hopping on and skipping the schooling- headed out on the trails seaching for a cool breeze. We have not found one yet. [big Grin]

-

lookit that belly... geeze!

What a good idea for a thread! [big Grin] Welcome everyone!

Hi, I'm Shannon from Alabama - 34 years young. Married for almost 6 years - no children but my hubby has two from a previous marriage which are like my own. And we have a ZOO!

Cally - 6 years old

-

Moose - 2 years old

-

Kodi - 2 years old

-

Zoie - 3 years old

-

We also have two other cats - Tux & Max but I don't have pics of them with me.

second post with dogs and horses!

4 dogs

Argus - my 10 year old German Shepherd

-

Gizmo - my 9 year old pekinese\chihuahua mix

-

Chase - my 5 year old Sheltie

-

I also have a pitbull/black lab mix named Blue but can't find a pic of her either!

Now the horses! Here is my heart - Prissy is a 7 year old 15.2 hand TWH that can't natually gait to save her life!

-

-

This is Gus my hubby's 9 year old TWH - he loves scratching himself on that limb!

-

And this is my black TWH mare Shalimar (with Gus in the background)

-

And our newest addition - INDY!! She's 27 days old today and a solid black TWH filly very natually gaited.

-

Some of my pics are so small!!

So here's another one of Indy just to make sure you can see her. I'm very proud! [big Grin] Notice her milk mustache in the first one!

-

-

[ 07-29-2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: scs7646 ]

I'm Holly and live in western WA, north of Seattle by about an hour. What I do now is aerospace engineering but would like to train full time or be independently wealthy LOL.

I'm 45 but will be 46 tomorrow (boo hoo) and have been riding since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Started out riding western, went to horse school and got into eventing and jumpers. Met all the big names of the hunter/jumper world of the 1970's - 1980's - Rodney Jenkins, Katie Monahan, Hap Hansen, Michael Page, Jimmy Woofard, Katherine Burdsall (her brother was hot!), Ian Miller (offered me a job), etc. Worked for Barnie Ward for a while (before he was in jail) great learning experience.

Moved to Washington and took up trail riding. Now husband and I have 4 horses, 2 dogs, and 1 cat. Horses: Woodrow - 18 yr old QH, wonderful trail horse I've had for 10 years now. He'll be here forever; Kahlua - 15 yr. old Appy mare. husband's horse. She's coming along real well as a mountain horse; Dakota - 5 yr. old mustang gelding. He's a sweety but has a mind of his own for sure. Love this little guy; Zephyr - 2 yr. old mustang filly. So smart and beautiful. She's built like a brick you know what and will be a great trail horse soon.

Dogs - 2 yr. old yellow lab - Phoebe, and 8 yr. old German Shorthair Pointer - Sadie. Both wonderful kids.

That's it! If anyone lives near my area and wants to get together for a ride, I'm available.

Hi

I'm Liz, Second generation So Califonia native.

I've been riding for 35 years and have had several horses along the way. We ride (ok I attempt to ride) dressage, love the trails & drive.

The Patriot is my current horse. He is a 13 yo ex-harness racing Standardbred. He along with Harley (lab/weinreimer) & Gypsy (Pit Bull/Beagle) are the loves of my life.

16c24695.jpg[/img]

-

My name is Brooke and I live in eastern Oklahoma. I love to trail ride but team penning is my fix. I can't get enough. I love to camp with my horses and also think trails are wonderful ways to teach young horses and keep their interest. Don't want 'em to get bored in the arena... [smile]

I have: one schnauzer Maria, one mutt Samson, one lab Dixie with labradoodle pups (for sale!!!), one OTTB Haiku, one AQHA Fabio, and a BLM.

Here are some pics:

My OTTB Haiku:

-

My AQHA Fabio:

-

My BLM donkey Geronimo and Samson:

-

Maria and Samson:

-

Labradoodles (for sale!!!!) [Wink]

-