Sign in to follow this  
charmergirl

Why don't we do another Introduction Thread?

ummm...Brookemarc...when did you say you were bringing Fabio to his new house?? MY backyard!!LOL What a handsome horse!! Both very good looking animals!

Hey I love a chance to show off my pony!

Hi I'm Lily I live in the eastern US, I've owned my pony for a year, I'm 15, and i love my pony SSSOO much!!

Rosie and I do mostly hunters, but we LOVE games!! I'm going to my first 3-day-event next weekend! wish me luck!!

Rosie is a welsh pony/arab, 14.2, seven year old

here are some old pictures!

Rosie being cute!

-

Rosie showing off her arabness(arched neck), and me looking stupid!

-

Hey Everyone,

I'm Jerry, older'n the hills, single but involved. Live in Arlington, Tx. Single, but "taken", if that makes sense.

Abby is my 14 yr old Buckskin mare. Even though she's really a ranch type horse, she does great on the trails too. I actually get to chase a cow or 2 every now and then when I find out somethings going on and I invite myself along. It dawned on me one day that the ONLY time I got "asked" to help was when I invited myself...

Oh well, we really enjoy the Trail Riding, which is what we used to call Pleasure Riding back in the OLDEN days!

5 dogs.......3 are actually mine, the other 2 were adopted (nice way of saying they were dumped on me).

Grew up in the country (11 kids in my class when I graduated in 1970) north of Ft Worth. I've been a machinist for many yrs (pays the bills) and hopefully in a few more I can quit and move back to the farm.....that's my goal right now at least.

Other things I enjoy are: gardening, wood working, watching Desperate Housewives, and if I could be granted any wish Bob, I'd wish for World Peace, please vote for me ( I say as I smile and wave to the crowd)........OOPS, this ain't no steenkin' popularity contest? [Embarrassed] LOL!!

I also have a (sometimes)warped sense of humor! I figure that if you can't have some fun, then why bother!

Jer

Just passing through the house here to do some laundry, change some clothes and head back out but saw this new introduction thread so thought I would get in on it for the heck of it.

Name is Dave but having been a Montana Game Warden for 29 years (now retired) am used to being called anything. Live in North Central Montana right up next to the Rocky Mountain Front. Am older than dirt(TexJer-you're just a baby. Graduated in "70". Pshaw) but if I don't shape up a little from the way I went this winter, may not get a whole lot older. Am trying though. Had four horses but sold my two Appys this spring. Could not pass up giving them the life of leisure they went to, so now only have Cloudee, my 13 year old blue papered Foxtrotter mare,

-

and Weed, my 5 year old QH that played "dirt dart" with me a couple of times this past winter.

-

Am hoping to have more pics to put up soon but in the meantime, for those who may not have seen it, here's a couple of pics of my "outdoor arenas".

-

and three members of my riding "harem". Hah!

-

[ 07-29-2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Grouchy Grizzly ]

HI, I,m me a reitred old man from Tennessee,

I [Question] retired from the educational field (technology)

Worked as a network engineer the last 10 years.

Enjoy horses very much and have all my life.

We have 3 presently and they are spoiled rotten.

WIfe is a teacher but she can't retire for 2 more years. We live close to Kentucky lake, I ridews atv's fish and enjoy life all around.

Don't post very much but enjoy reading others post about their horses...training etc.....Am older than dirt and if I had of known I would have had a birthday every 6 months till I turned 65 and then just had one a year [smile]

To learn more and see us visit our web site

[Cool]http://dance-n-trees.home.mchsi.com

[ 07-29-2005, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: retiredoldman ]

Good idea!

Ok my name is Erica and I'm a 13 year old girl from Georgia, but we're in the process of moving back to Texas! I love Texas, it's my home. Right now I don't have my own horse -cries- but my mom said that after we move to Texas, maybe down the road I can get my own horse. So keep an eye out for a post from me with a million pictures of my new horse, lol. Right now I call my school horse my horse, it's close enough. Nobody likes to ride him because he's "too lazy" or "too rough" There just missing out on the ride of their life. Literally too, do you know how many times that horse has thrown me? I've lost count. Maybe they don't ride him cause they're too scared, hmm. But I just love Zeus! I can talk about him all day. He's a palomino American Quarter Horse gelding, 7 years old, 15.3 hands, the best horse in the world! I also have 2 cats. One is Midnight (aka Minnous) and the other is Patches (aka Puss) Midnight is a rescue cat, I've had him since he was 5 weeks old. He's all black with light green eyes and a white "lucky" spot on his stomach, he's 3 years old. And Patches is a cat that adopted us. She had kittens in our kitchen and she wasn't even ours! So from then on we just kept her. She's a calico and I think she's 5. Ok and I've been riding for 3 years now. Actually 3.7 to be exact -rolls eyes- It's been 3 years of western (barrels, poles, and pleasure) and 7 months of english (hunter/jumper) So I'll stop talking so much and spare you people (once you get me started sometimes I just won't shut up) Ok well here's some pictures of Zeus and my cats:

Zeus:

-

-

-

Midnight:

-

-

Patches:

-

-

And here's a picture of my old lesson horse, Peppy. He's a quarter horse gelding. I rode him when I lived in Texas:

-

If you want to see more pictures of Zeus click on the link in my signature.

Hey y'all ! My name is KD and I live in NE Florida. I'm 49 and recently remarried - new hubby is learning to love riding. We live on 2 acres and I get to keep our horses in our back yard - a long time dream of mine. Love to trail ride and I belong to a trail club that gets together to ride a lot. I was a member of a drill team for 1 year and that was a wonderful experience for me and my horse. You can see pictures of our place and critters and also our trail club thru the links below.

Dixie - 18 yr old grade Appy mare

Stylin - 9 yr old sorrel overo Paint mare

Maybe - 5 yr old breeding stock Paint mare

Ringer - 2 month old sorrel overo Paint colt

Millie - 5 yr old lab mix

Jesse - 4 yr old corgi mix

4 cats - Opie, Poppy, Ozzy & Louis

All of our cats and dogs were rescues.

Stylin is the dam to both Maybe and Ringer. I love the HC boards - I've made some friends and learned a lot.

[ 07-29-2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: KD ]

Hey everyone my names Amy,I live in a small town in Ontario, Canada, married with one child age 2 1/2. Have somehow collected 7 horses between the two of us. One AQHA mare, AQHA filly (born this year), QH cross mare, Ex Standarbred mare, Welsh Pony mare and her colt (also born this year, Sporthorse cross gelding. One black lab cross, one cat and a bunny. Phew!!!! Her a couple of pics of some of the horses.

-

-

-

Hi! My name is Trudy and I live in Sioux Falls, SD. I have been married for 2 years and we are in the process of building our first home.

I am a special education high school teacher. I LOVE my job and look forward to school starting in about a month.

I am in the process of getting my master's, so I haven't been out on the trails too many times this year.

I have 1 horse. His name is Baybee and he is a 5yo TWH. I absolutely adore him and try to see him everyday.

Hi Everyone! My name is Jean, I live about 90 miles northwest of New York City in the foothills of the Catskill Mtn. Just turned 54 (uck), married, two stepkids who live in Florida (that seems backwards). two grandkids 3 & 1 with stepdaughter, with possible twins on the way courtesy of my stepson.

seven dogs plus an old beagle I'm fostering for a friend whose been in a hospital for almost a year where they are trying to kill her. my last two rescues are chiweenie sisters (chihauhuaXdachshund), one year old hooligans. ten cats plus the neighboorhood cats who come for dinner.

then theres my "girls" Sadie-15 year old strawberry roan arab/appaloosa I've had since she was three months old. Charm-9 year old black chestnut Lippitt Morgan (belongs to a friend, but I've had her for three years now)

Allie--15 year old red chestnut quarter mare rescued (for large board bill) forever lame and unrideable. gets along great in pasture. and my pride and joy, Lizzy-sooty chestnut 2 year old daughter of allie and Lippitt morgan stud. she'll never be a big horse, but she's PERFECT! Hopefully will get her started by the end of the summer. be nice to have one rideable out of the bunch, Charm was never trained (never too late I suppose) Allie is lame and Sadie is just a pain unless she's in company, I just don't have the time or energy after ten hour workdays. Looks great in the field though!

I work in the advertising dept (production) of a newspaper, been there 18 years now, was going to be temporary job.

Great to meet everyone!

Hi everyone - I'm Suzanne and I live in Washington state (for 2 years now) with my husband and 2 children (ages 9 and 6), although we're from upstate NY (will probably be returning there next year). I've been blessed to be able to stay home and raise our children. We love the beautiful pacific northwest, but we miss our families back east.

We have 3 horses. Jimmy is my baby - he's a 5 year old OTTB. I'm schooling him to be a hunter but we enjoy trail riding on a regular basis too(just came back from a few days at the ocean which he enjoyed). Cocoa is my daughter's quarter pony - best pony ever I might add. And Conrad is a 3 year old OTTB rescue that we've had about a month now. The sweetest horse you've ever seen - would probably sit in your lap if you'd let him.

We also have two cats that adopted us. (That's enough critters to move around the country at the moment!!)

Don't post much, but I enjoy reading the posts on a regular basis. Nice meeting everyone.

Hello all! I live in southwest Nebraska. I am 35, married (dec 31,2004) we have 4 dogs, one rescued doberman named scooby, one blue heeler named zip, a fox terrier that I also rescued named jodie, and then there is dolly, we arnt sure where she came from or what breeds she is.(notice i said breeds!!) we have 3 kitty cats blue,louise, and rocky. One 2y/o qh gelding who we are ground traing right now. will post pics soon. talk again later! (my baby's name is tucker the horse) [smile][smiley Wavey]

Hi! [smiley Wavey] I'm Maria, a twenty year old Veterinary Technitian by day and security guard by night- gotta feed the kids! I've lived in northeastern Kansas all my life, but my heart is in the mountains and always will be.

I will be married in September, and my horse Kokopelli likes my fiancee more than I do I think! I've recently been adopted by a pair of kittens dumped on the side of the road affectionately called DC (**** Cat- took me two days to catch the skinny thing!) and Harley (named for her motor). They are in addition to 2 other cats- the old lady of the house Moppit, and CJ (Calamity Jane). I have an arthritic overweight German Shepheard who thrives on guilting her grandperson into slipping her treats outside of her diet, and a two year old Belgian Malinois whose only purpose in life is to play with Koko. They keep eachother in shape.

Kokopelli is a work in progress. We're still working on convincing him that the saddle is NOT going to eat him in spite of what he may think. It's slow going, but I don't mind so much- I feel he deserves it after such a rough start in life. He's more like glorified lawn art in the heat of summer, but we love him no less.

Hello Everyone!I am 15 and from Illinois.I have 1 wolfdog,1 rotweiler/lab,1 tom-cat that follows you EVERYWHERE...even while riding!You go and he will follow you.It is quite amusing to see peoples reaction to a cat behind a horse like a dog!Anywhoo...1 dwarf hamster, and finally...1 horse!

Shado is 3 and is an appaloosa.He is the sweetest thing EVER!He will follow you like a dog.He will also give you kisses!BUT he bucks when you pick him up into a lope.I have had kids up on his back and he know it!He walked REAL slow.(With me leading him of course!)He is a clown!He does the funniest things.I will try to catch it on camera sometime!He is my baby.After camp I ran up to him and vaulted onto his back.I was soo happy to see him.I was only gone for 4 days and I missed him SOOO much!I love my baby!

Hello!

I'm Wendy a 25yr old Nursing assistant (at least until I hit the mega millions [Wink] ) I just bought a house (building fence on monday [Frown][Wink] )because the animals were complaining that we were running out of room. I am owned by Jessie a sorrel standardbred/quarter mare (20 something), Stormy and Baby (cats), Tiffany (a dob. mix dog) and Charlie (guinea pig). I also am owned by 5 cockatiels (Beebee, Paulie, Hope, Sunshine and Freckles)6 Parakeets (Faith, Angel, Spike, Charity, Sunny, and Peter Pan) and like thats not enough A beta, several goldfish, platys, cory cats, and finally guppies. Yes, it is true when I say my life isn't my own.

Here is some pics in my yahoo album:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wendnrein/al...m/ph//my_photos

Hi! Although I'm not new to the HC boards, I didn't frequent the "Trail Riding" board until recently.

For all intensive purposes, my name is "Ratz". I live with my parents and go to school at a community college 20 miles down the road. I plan on graduating in May 2006 with an AAS in Computer Information Science and several computer/networking certifications. I work part-time for the district I graduated from as an assistant tech. coordinator. As of today, I also work part-time helping two other guys maintain the network at church. When I'm not in the saddle, I'm behind the wheel of my fully restored 1986 Mustang LX.

When I'm not driving my 'stang or on a computer, I can be found down at the barn spoiling -- I mean working with [Wink] -- my gelding. Black Magic EKW (more affectionately known as "Magic") is a registered Missouri Fox Trotter gelding. He has asthma and suffers from allergies, so he gets an allergy shot once a month. I'm working toward getting him back in shape for weekend trail rides.

I love these threads!

Hi, I'm Annie (yes, after Annie Oakley, my father is a sharp shooter) and I'm 29. I live in Central PA on a small farm. I am a vet tech at a large and small animal clinic, although I don't get to do much large animal surgery. But I really love my job. I grew up just down the road on a dairy farm, and my hubby (of 5 years) and his family have a large dairy farm.

All of our kids have fur and four legs. My hubby doesn't ride (yet) but my dad just got his first horse since the 60's and we've been having a blast with him. We are surrounded by hunting camps, so we have about 2500 acres of ground to wonder on. Here is my herd (sorry, no pics):

Zoey- 14yo foundation QH, sorrel, that I trail ride and barrel race. She's done it all and is willing to take me for the next round!

Daisy- 8yo palomino QH mare that hubby bought me for a wedding gift (now ya know why I married him!). She has no speed what so ever, but she's the greatest trail horse I've been on.

Dude- this is Dad's horse. He's a 8yo liver chestnut mustang/QH cross. He's blind in one eye, but he's been a great trail horse for Dad.

???- I just got this one yesterday and haven't named him yet. He's a 11yo QH gelding that I got for free. Yes, free. We'll see what he turns out to be. He was shown for his entire life, but was trained to be a "peanut roller" and now gets kicked out of shows. He doens't seem to keep his head down for me...

Billy- a 8 week old Boer goat kid. I ask myself "Why did I get a goat". I have yet to answer myself.

Jo, Jake, and Jess are my dogs. They really truley are my kids. I love them more than life itself. They are all Jack Russells, ranging from 1yo to 8yo. I call them my babies.

I also have 11 barn cats and a bunch of Holstien cows.

Gosh, that really got long!

Helo All,

I'm PD, I'm from west central Wisconsin, I'm married with 2 grown daughters and 5 grandchildren. I have 2 horses a 23 year trail mare and a 2 year old quarter filly that I hope to have started yet this summer. Do most of my trail riding locally. My hero is Grouchy Grizzly. I want his determanation to keep riding as I age. I do not frequent this board that often, but I do enjoy reading about others adventures. PD

[ 07-30-2005, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Peppers Dad ]

Hi! I'm Carol, 50, from the Southerntier of New York State. I work as a medical assistant for a Podiatry office. Married 32 years to a man who prefers his horses under the hood, but never has minded my addiction. Four grown children, one 14 y.o. arthritic dog. Currently horseless at this time, but as Wendy said, once we hit the MegaMillions.....watch out!

Grouchy: as soon as I saw your trotter mare I instantly said "I know that brand!!!" I live near the petersen's son and daughter in law they actually send there horses back to the montana ranch for the winter. nice people.

anyways I'm Jen, live in washington state about an hour north of Seattle, don't usually post just read in a lot. I'm married with a 16month old son who's the cutest thing in the world of course. We have two horses, my mare is a 10yr old bs palomino paint, and my husband has an 18yr old qh ranch gelding, when we can pawn baby off to grandma we try to find new trails around our area. we also have two dogs and two cats, and I like to think I can take care of fish.

Hello to all [big Grin]

palominolady for obvious resons. but sometimes

i go by Tammy [Eek!] im 38 years young. i have 4 horses. wimpys wisperin gold my AQHA palimino stallion. AQHA okie lee pine sorrel mare her

4month old AQHA filly my scarlet wimpy

and AQHA lads grey lass gray mare. nice to meet you all.

--

I'm Jamie, 14 years old, and I have 1 horse (I'm fixing to get another to keep him company) his name's Sully, he's 12 years young, black QH gelding.

I also have 1 dog, I dunno what breed she is, she's a lot chow chow, she's about 15, not sure, been in the family longer than me, though!

We have 2 cats, well, sort of, we haven't touched them yet, they are stray, and we're working on gaining their trust.

I think thats all...

Hey Guys! [smiley Wavey]

I'm Emma. I'm 14 and I have a Peruvian Paso mare who just had a baby and I'm hoping to get a QH by spring. I ride western right now but I love jumping and barrel racing. Here's a few pics of me and my mare.

--

Hi! I'm E.S. I'm a 30-year-old writer and designer and live in BEAUTIFUL Oregon with my husband, 6-year-old daughter and our family of four-legged furrballs. These include:

Echo - 11-year-old Arabian mare

Twinkie - 9-year-old Quarter Pony

Hemi - 1-year-old Queensland Heeler

Sadie - 9-year-old Shar Pei

Elvis - 7-year-old Chow Chow

Salem - 1-year-old cat (unknown breed)

Welcome to all the "newbies" and hello to all the old friends [big Grin]

JACIE: As they say, small world isn't it.

Penny, the wife is a lifelong friend, having been raised her in Choteau where I live, and Pete, the husband, is a former college roomate. Cloudee, the foxtrotter mare I have from them is an awesome horse. Long story about how I come to have her but am sure glad I do. I see them periodically but haven't seen the kids for years.

I know Pete and the Grandkids did pretty good at the last Foxtrotter show they went to but not sure if that was David's kids or not.

Grouchy