Sign in to follow this  
charmergirl

Why don't we do another Introduction Thread?

HI my name Is Alene Allen, I am 35 but feel like 21. I do have two children, my son who is 9 loves to go on rides with us when we can go. Has been going with us since he was 3. My 2 year old daughter not so much, but she gets her rides before and after I go.

I own 2 horses, one is a dun mare 6 yrs old. And the other is her daughter a bay filly who I will be working with into trails for my husband and son to ride. (Ariel my daughter seems to think she is going to steal Dixie my mare from me.)

I don't have any trail pictures but I do have riding pictures of my kids on my mare and maybe just maybe one of me. (I don't like my picture taken so much.)

Me on Dix

IMGP0672.jpg

IMGP0670.jpg

And my kids on Dix

IMGP0674.jpg

And my filly (she is 6 months old in this picture, haven't uploaded new pictures of her yet.)

IMGP0640.jpg

I am hoping to get out more on the trails this year. I took Dixie out quite a bit last fall and before the first snow storm last year, but haven't yet this year as we have been moving.

I, too, have really enjoyed all the introductions! I'm like alot of folks, I don't have any trail riding pictures, but I do have one of my gelding that's also in my profile:

Tink2Y4ML640.jpg

This is Tink - registered as Just Tinkin About It. He's a '05 model APHA horse. I'd venture to say that I've put more hours on him in the year and a half I've been riding him than all the other horses I've ridden combined since I started riding 11 years ago. I use him to move my neighbor's dairy cows to the parlor many, many nights and weekends, and honestly, that's where he feels most at home. He's been stolen once and recovered (see that little heart? That marking saved me from the heartache of losing him - we figured out pretty quick he was stolen, and called every wrangler, trader, seller, and thief we could think of to tell them he was stolen, and he magically appeared the next day, SQUEAKY CLEAN, out of an abandoned strip mine about 3 miles away. He didn't just walk away from his herd - we checked and double checked every single inch of fence), trail ridden, roped from, used as a pony horse, I've even used him to carry a newborn calf back to the barn. Yesterday he gave me a moment that brought me to tears:

I was bringing in the last few contrary cows to the parlor, and he just "locked on" to the trailing cow and I swear, his head couldn't have been more than a foot off the ground. So, I just dropped my reins and let him go. Talk about auto pilot! At a point where it gets really deep and mucky about 20 yards from the chute to the holding pen, I just rolled back on my pockets and gave a firm but soft "whoa", and he stopped and stood - no reins, legs, or any other aids necessary. I consider myself fortunate to own him and feel like we're growing together and harmonizing.

Matt,

You have a great looking gelding, from reading your post, I dare say Tink could very well be a once in a life time horse. I got my first horse 50 years ago when I was 12, he was a bay roan paint gelding. Wished I had pictures of him, but if I did, it would just remind me of how young I was & how old I've gotten. I even got a chance to ride in Australia 41 years ago while on R&R while serving in Vietnam. Hope you & Tink have many years together, I've spent 17 years riding this little mare, she's only 14-1, might be 900lbs, with a big heart. She's very competitive, she's 24 in this picture. Now 27 age is quickly catching up with her. Best Wishes. PD

PD_ON_FALL_RIDE1.jpg

This is going to be her replacement. This guy is is 12, 100_0886.JPG

Edited by Peppers Dad

Fessor is a completely blind, eleven year old solid bred paint. Here is a picture of us from a couple years ago, at his first show after going blind. We won the walk-trot class that day. :) We mostly ride/compete dressage and enjoy getting out on the trails to relax.

249679502.jpg

Tracy

Matt,

You have a great looking gelding, from reading your post, I dare say Tink could very well be a once in a life time horse. I got my first horse 50 years ago when I was 12, he was a bay roan paint gelding. Wished I had pictures of him, but if I did, it would just remind me of how young I was & how old I've gotten. I even got a chance to ride in Australia 41 years ago while on R&R while serving in Vietnam. Hope you & Tink have many years together, I've spent 17 years riding this little mare, she's only 14-1, might be 900lbs, with a big heart. She's very competitive, she's 24 in this picture. Now 27 age is quickly catching up with her. Best Wishes. PD

PD_ON_FALL_RIDE1.jpg

This is going to be her replacement. This guy is is 12, 100_0886.JPG

I know this doesn't happen often enough, thank you for serving us in Vietnam. My grandfather was in the vet corps right after WWI, my uncle piloted DC-9's (I think that's what they were, big rumbling things from the way he talked) before WWII, my cousin served in Korea, and my old neighbor was one of the rare survivors of the Omaha Beach invasion. I miss him terribly, he was a wonderful man. I'm very patriotic and never bumble an opportunity to put my hand on my heart and revere our flag and color guard. Not near enough people tell brave men like you the thank you that you truly deserve. So please allow me to say it again. Thank you.

I know this doesn't happen often enough, thank you for serving us in Vietnam. My grandfather was in the vet corps right after WWI, my uncle piloted DC-9's (I think that's what they were, big rumbling things from the way he talked) before WWII, my cousin served in Korea, and my old neighbor was one of the rare survivors of the Omaha Beach invasion. I miss him terribly, he was a wonderful man. I'm very patriotic and never bumble an opportunity to put my hand on my heart and revere our flag and color guard. Not near enough people tell brave men like you the thank you that you truly deserve. So please allow me to say it again. Thank you.

I can't improve on that [Not Worthy]

Ditto, people like you allow me to have what I do, Thank you.

It was very gracious of Matt to say thanks for my service 40 years ago in military, I do appreciate it. I was lucky upon my return from military, I never had to deal with the negetive fallout that happened in parts of the country. In fact being a veteran, opened alot of doors for me, there wasn't a job I applied for, that I couldn't of had, I was very fortunate. My prayers are for the returning soldiers of Iraq & Afghanistan. There are many, life will never be the same for, & they will be scarred by dreams & memories, that might haunt them for years to come.

Now on with induction thread,

Tracy A, [Not Worthy] Have to admire the level confidence that you have built up with your horse Fessor, it takes two special beings to accomplish this, you & Fessor working together. You've given a blind horse a new purpose in life. Best Wishes. PD [Not Worthy]

Thanks, PD. While I wouldn't have chosen this, I am enjoying the journey and learning so very much from my horse! I talk about him a lot, because when he was first diagnosed with the disease that eventually took his vision my first question was "Do I need to retire him?" Fortunately, with the internet I was able to find information about managing blind horses and "meet" people with blind horses in their lives. If enough of us get the word out that horse can adjust to blindness and still have enjoyable, useful lives fewer people will have to ask the same question. I have learned a lot about trust and courage from my horse, and developed some of my own from his example!

Please allow me to add my thanks to all the veterans who serve our country and defend our freedoms! I may not always agree with the directions our leaders take this country, but I support our soldiers whereever they may serve.

Tracy

I guess I better do an introduction myself :) I've been lurking on and off for awhile now. My name is Marian, I'm 29 and I live in lower Alabama. I have 4 dogs ranging from small, medium, large and extra large (blue heeler,blue tick,husky and Great Dane) one awesome solid bred paint Maximus or Max for short. I also ride an flea bitten quarter/arab mare for a friend of mine. Max and I team pen/sort, local cattle round ups and some trail riding. I'll include some pictures but I'm not quite sure on how to post them in here..lol Hopefully they'll come through. I don't have any pics of my blue tick yet, I haven't had her very long. Thanks for looking!

Max and I

DSC_0044.jpg

Misty and me penning

penning099.jpg

Max

maxbathday024.jpg

Zeus my dane

maxbathday014.jpg

My favorite pic of my Husky

tornado050.jpg

One more of Max :)

Rowdy018.jpg

My blue heeler Coon

Pictures3062.jpg

Wow. Time for an update from me too, I guess.

Was married when I joined. Now divorced, and almost remarried, and out of that one too. After 17 years I am single again at 40. Weird, But good.

I only have 1 of my original horses left. That would be Jordan, now my steady and trusted Arabian mare. I have since adopted 2 more Arabian mares. Excellent bloodlines. Myrage and Mystyc. They are half sisters. I took Myrage on our first trail ride the other day and she surprised the heck out of me. She knew a lot more than I realized. Mystyc I have a lot of work to do... LOL

I was down to 1 dog and 1 cat.

My daughter just moved back in with me after living with her father the last 2 years. So have inhereted her dog, cat and horse as well.

Time sure has a way of changing things. LOL

Hi everybody, I usualy just lerk on this site a bit and occasionally make a comment, but would like to post more. My name is Annastasia I'm 26 and live in Ithaca, NY. I have one dog, Ellie, she's a Blue Heeler and the best dog ever. I also have two horses Boots and Bella. Boots is a 6yrs breeding stock paint gelding and a real button pusher to say the least. I've only had him for a year and am still finding more and more bad habits but he learns quick and has improved a lot. One good thing about him is that he is awsome on trails (mostly cause I'm not asking him to canter). Bella is my first and only baby, she just turned 2 in march and is the foal from my very first horse, Stormy, who I sold to an 8yr. old girl who loves her to death. Bella, is a little sweetheart who loves to snuggle with me and learns faster than any horse should. Unfortunetly she has a club foot, so she will just be a pleasure horse. Boots on the other hand whether he knows it or not is going to become a cow horse. He has it in him, and I so miss rounding up cattle on pasture or just checking the cows on pasture with just me and my horse. Its the most peaceful time in the whole world. I'd also like to do games with him, he's just a bit on the lazy side. lol. I work for Genex as a lab technician. Genex is in the field of artificial insemination of cattle for those of you who arent familiar with it. I am so glad someone thought to put this thread up, it makes it nice to get to know people. I hope everyone has a great day. [smiley Wavey]

Hi,

My name is Chelsey. I'm 23. And live with my family, in Missouri.

I own two Paint horses. And I trail ride alot with my Family.

I have been riding sence I was 5. But really didn't get into horses until I was 12.

Calliope is my olderst horse. At 11 years. And I have owned her sence she was 4mo's old. Savannah is Calliope's first, and only foal. At oh most five years old. I'm having fun, and my hands are full training her. ha

We rasie AKC reg, Bloodhounds. We also have Nubian Goats. It's a zoo around here. ha

I really enjoy getting on here, and talking "horses" with everyone ha

hi everyone.. [smiley Wavey]

so nice to meet and re-meet u folks. loving all the pics too!! i havn't been around the boards much lately.. trying to get back in more often tho. :)

i'm Deb, have 4 horses at present, a couple are for sale. do all sorts of stuff w/ them.. trails, show, whatever :)

great weather is here, finally!!!YaY!!! need to get out and Ride!!!! hope u all have a great day..

I'm mostly a lurker. Name is Pandy, 57 yrs. old, wanted horses all of my life. Didn't get one until I was 50. Shortly after getting my 1st horse, I was diagnosed with lupus ( the kind that tries to twist joints like a pretzel). Ride intermittingly. Live a little north of St. Charles Mo. Adopt strays that people discard around here. Live vicariously through everyones adventures on this site. Have beautiful twin granddaughters.