Sign in to follow this  
aplus

Bogart Park, Cherry Valley, CA

Although I have lived in the Banning-Beaumont Pass Area for 10 years, today was the first time I rode in the local Park.

Bogart Park is about 6 miles North of I-10 in Cherry Valley, California.

For $3 for horse and rider, you can ride all day, and there is a large staging area with portable toilets and corrals.

You cah even camp there for breath taking two day excurtion in to beautiful mountain trails and lots of wild life such as Hawks, Deer and occational Bear.

You can reach the park at 951-845-3818.

You can do Google search for Bogart Park and get more info.

I would be interested in chatting with others who have rode in Bogart Park, or who would like to.

Dan,

aplus@dmatloff-enterprises.com [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

[ 01-22-2006, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: aplus ]

I live right up against the back entrance to Bogat park & ride there reularly. If you're ever looking for a riding buddy, let me know! I have plenty of room to park a trailer, and it's only about 3 houses away to get into the park. That park isthe main reason that I bought this house. I love having such nice trails so close. Just watch out for the bears (YES, they're there!!) in the evening, and rattle snakes in the spring & summer. I've never had a problem with any of them, & i's a great place to see wildlife like quail, dear, bobcat & bears. I've heard that there sre mountain lion up there too, although that's one I've not seen. Anyway, I'm always looking for a trail buddy, as my husband doesn't ride out with me much; besides, now I leave the baby with him while I go riding! [big Grin]

SkyeHorse,

I now live in Banning on the other side of Highland Springs Ave. Copy and paste my e-mail address and send me an e-mail. I don't currently have a horse trailer, but would like to talk to you about riding in Bogart park. When I lived in Cherry Valley, I hiked in the park and entered from Bellflower. Anyway, e-mail me and I will give you my phone number. Since my wife doesn't ride, I am always looking for people to ride with.

Aplus

[ 01-23-2006, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: aplus ]

Skyehorse,

I can possibly ride on Wednesday afternoon, which is tomorrow. Here is my e-mail address, aplus@dmatloff-enterprises.com . Thanks, Aplus (Dan) [Yay]

SkyeHorse,

I forgot to mention that I don't have a trailer at this time. Whenever you want to ride, can you pick my horse and I up? We live less than 5 miles from you, North of Wilson Avenue up Mountain Avenue.

Dan

Hello,

I live in the Los Angeles area but a group of us trailer out frequently.

How steep are the trail grades? My guy can do some mountain stuff if they are not prolonged steep grades.

Please let me know. We are going to be planning our trips for the year soon.

Thanks for any insight.