Sign in to follow this  
doublelhorses

Central Illinois 2007 chat

Double - I may see if hubby wants to come down for the poker ride. Had fun last time I was down there for it and we missed the one with our saddle club due to him working. Will let you know.

Uncle is supposed to start the 2nd round of cutting our hay fields today since there isn't rain in the forecast until possibly Saturday. It feels like we just finished cutting and putting it all up.

Know what you mean about hay. We have some on the ground. Hoping hubby gets it baled today so I can pick up tonight. He was hem hawing around [bang Head] wanting to do the baling Thursday and I tried to talk him in to tonight so we shall see. I have a meeting tomorrow and may be late getting in [Confused] Besides the hay looks great at the moment and is still nice with some green. Another day of laying in the field and it will loose a lot of color.

Hope you guys make the Poker run. Seems I will have Sugar again as farrier is gone on vacation so Flash gets an extra week of bare feet.

We have the about 20 acres down in the fields. Uncle got it all cut yesterday. We stopped by on our way home from work last night and the grass field was still pretty wet, but should be ready by the time we get home this afternoon. The alfalfa fields should be ready tomorrow, so might be taking half a day off to rake.

I was going to ride last night, but it just felt too muggy and by the time the sun was going down the horse flies were out in full force. I got bit on my leg. Brought the horses in from the grass pasture to the dry lot. Hunter was being a butt and didn't want to be caught, so I got Indigo & Spirit. While hubby opened up the fence for us to go through Hunter blew through the poly tape and cut open hubby's knuckle. Hunter took off running for the barn and I had my hands full trying to lead the two I had. Hunter got his butt worked off pretty good after that. Normally they won't get within 2-3 feet of the fence, so either he knew it was off or he was just despirate to get away from the flies enough to risk running through the fence.

Well...I found a new horse!!Fox is a 10yr MFT mare,she is so calm and gentle on the ground,but when anyone gets on her they better be ready to go because she loves to go.We connected instantly and after 2 days she follows me around the pen where she is kept.Right now i'm just doing groundwork and getting her used to me,then in about a week we will start undersaddle.Then next saturday we are trying to ride in a parade.I'll post pictures of both of us tomorrow when I go see her.

Does anyone plan on riding in the Edinburg parade?just curious.Half of Klaus' hay field is washed out.We are just now able to get back there because of the mud.The waterline is a good 15feet on some trees closer to the river.