Sign in to follow this  
LynnP

SCAM ARTIST ON PROWL FOR OUR BABIES!!!

Everybody I have put up both my horses for sale on this site and barrelhorses.com

Someone has e-mailed me on the first one(mare) asking for pics. so I sent many pics of her. They then continued to e-mail me asking a little about her.

Then I was told to give the address of the location so they could pick her up and I'd recieve the cash in the bank soon afterwards. I said I would not let her leave if they did not talk to me on the phone. They kept harrassing and I blew them off. He went by the name of SALEM VALEIR now I was sent an e-mail from I believe the same person going by PEGGY JAMES. This person is writes awkwardly and not very clear in what their saying this is how i recognized. THIS IS NO JOKE WHATEVER THEY ARE DOING IS WITH BAD INTENTIONS!!! SOMEONE SHOULD CATCH THEM I HAVE THE E-MAIL TO THIS PERSON HERE IT IS PLEASE HELP SOMEONE NEEDS TO KICK THEM OFF THESE SITES

\ scarfaze2faze@hotmail.com

Am interested in purchasing the Jafar am happy to see the pictures, i can

assure you that check payment will be send to you soon, while my shipping

assistant will come down to your location for pick-up after you received

payment, do send me all this information to make your payment faster:

First Name:

Last Name:

Address:

City:

State/province:

Zip/postal code:

Telephone#:

I'll be looking forward hear from you.

Thank you!

Peggy James.

Hey:

I saw your advert horse cost $6,500.00 I guess is in good condition,

please e-mail me some pictures. Thank you!

Peggy James.

WOW! I never thought people would do that sort of thing, stoop so low. I'm glad you figured out something was fishy with their e-mails! I never sell my baby's, I've known them my whole life and cant give them up. *runs to the barn to make sure my babys are still there and alright* man... [Mad] i'm just mad now, that people would do that! I'll heep my eyes open for them though!

~*~Susan~*~

Also watch out for a guy called James Cannon, or Sir James Cannon.

I went through a big ordeal with the cops and everything about a year ago, but once we had arranged a shipping date (cops planning on being there) we never heard from him again. He may be using a different alias by now, but I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has dealt with him?

-Backspin

This scam is not at all uncommon. They go by all kinds of names. The minute you see the words "advert," "last price," "present condition", etc., block the email. When I was advertising my TB gelding last year on equine.com, I must have gotten emails from at least 25 "different people."

This isn't anything new. These kind of scams have been going on for ages. Usually, they come from someone "overseas" (in the U.K. usually) who claims to want to buy your horse for more than what it's listed for, that they'll send you the check, and you write a check back to them for the difference...or something like that. They'll claim that they have their own private shipper who will come get the horse and transport it to them (overseas). These scammers aren't interested in your horse (for the most part, but this lady wanting you to give her your address sounds extremely sketchy!). They just want your money. Of course, the "check" they send you is a fake, but if you follow through you end up losing your money. Don't worry too much about them but don't continue to email them either.

Oh, BTW...most of those emails are translated from the scammers native language (whatever that may be) thus, they have tons of grammatical errors and stuff.