Sign in to follow this  
czarsmom

Recent Video

I just tried to post a little short vid. of Czar's training on YouTube. I have dial up so I couldn't upload more than a few seconds worth. Can someone check and let me know how it looks?

Thanks. I could't figure how to post a link so you would have to search under Czar in training and my user name is 2ndchanceranchRI. [Jump]

I couldnt find it but if you look over to the right side of your screen it should say tags, url, embed.

Click and copy URl and past it in your post..it should work...Good luck

Thanks Perchlover! We are basically starting from ground zero with him utilizing the basic building blocks of training level dressage. We are going to show saddle seat in the spring if all goes well. The hunter judges didn't really appreciate his "arabian-ness" last season lol. I was able to download a bit more of that training session if you want to peek at it. Let me know what you think.

In our lessons Czar is ridden in draw reins to help teach him proper muscle mechanics to be abel to carry himself properly. Prior to my taking over ownership of Czar, he had never been asked to travel with his back round or use his hind end for impulsion. He used to look like one of those upside down bannana tubes that you ride on when you go water tubing. He had horrible balance and a great deal of back pain as a result. As long as draw reins are used correctly in the right hands they can be a useful training tool. It's almost like using leg braces to teach a stroke victim relearn how to use his legs for walking. That's the best analogy I can think of at this point. If you look closely, throughout most of the video, the part of the draw reins from the saddle to the bit is usually slack with the only contact coming from the bit to my hands. The only time you see momentary tightening of the lower draw reins is if he loses his balance or cadence and inadvertently hollows his back. At that point, there is a split second tension put on the lower part of the draw rein (by me) and he is cued to round himself up again.

wow that 2nd video is much longer..One thing i notices with you is when you post your double bounching..Really that just means your not getting out of that saddle quick enough. But sence your just training i wouldnt worry about it, sence speeding up your post might make him go faster lol...He looks great though! How many hands is he?

[ 01-16-2007, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Perchlover07 ]

I think what looks like me double bouncing is my stinky attempt to sit his trot [Embarrassed] . We are still in the early stages of trying to teach him different speeds at the trot and sometimes she has me slow my posting way down to get him to go slower. Either way it looks kind of sloppy. I figured that this will be kind of a good "before" video and hopefully I can post a better one in a few months.