Sign in to follow this  
asb_all_the_way

Horse Illustrated!

Did everyone see the article in Horse Illustrated this month? If you don't get that magazine I would STRONGLY suggest you buy it this month because the article was great! I know that they sell the magazine at Barnes and Noble. It talked about the top 5 pet peeves that judges have about saddleseat riders. Just thought I might let you know!

I was just about to post about that also! lol.

Im so happy they are doing stuff about Saddle Seat now [Yay] . I read that whole artical and almost all of the things they said they dont like, my trainer told me the same thing, before i even saw the SS artical. So its pretty helpfull, SS riders...READ IT! lol.

Oh i know, I just kinda *gasped* to my self and said "wow saddle seat stuff".. [Razz] The last issure had some but, it wasnt a big article..It was pretty small really lol.

I looked for it at Barnes & Noble today and couldn't find it. What made it so good? Was it a cover article (ASB on the cover of the magazine)?

It wasn't the cover article, there is a Paso Fino on front, but it was one of the bigger titles on the cover. I liked the article because it was general enough to include most riders, yet it had some detail, helping us fix our mistakes. The only thing that I would have changed about the article would have been to get more pictures of Arabs in there! ;D

ooh!! I might have to go pick that up!! I recently started riding SS when my boss tore her ACL, MCL, and knee cartilage and she can't ride all the horse's she has in for training--so I am learning how to ride SS and Show Hack--WHILE training horses...tis interesting! And I've really taken a liking to SS--would love to read up on some of the more current stuff in the Mags!