Sign in to follow this  
asb_all_the_way

School vs. Horses

So my favorite horse show of the year is coming up at the end of July. Sadly, it is also my first week of high school. I would be showing on friday and saturday so that would mean I would have to miss my first friday of high school. I REALLY want to go to the show because I would be showing a new horse!!! The show is out of town so we would have to leave a day early for driving. Yet at the same time I REALLY don't want to miss friday. Any thoughts? [Confused]

hmph

school + horses = not always the best mix [Mad]

Let's get through the obvious thing first...are your parents ok with you missing Thursday and Friday? If so it sounds like you just have to decide which is more important to you.

If it helps, this year I missed my first couple days of my senior year because of a horse show. What confused me is would you be missing the very first day, or do you start on a Monday or something and would miss the first Friday?

Well I start school on Tuesday and I would be at school Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and then leave thrusday evening. So I would only be missing Friday.

And yes, my parents are okay with me missing school. They want to know what I want to do.

Then, yes, I'd have to agree. It would be one thing if you missed the first day - it's helpful to go in when it's new to everyone and no one knows what's going on, so it would be difficult to miss that then come in late. But since you'll be there for the first three day, and your parents are ok with it, I'd go to the horse show. [Jump]

Go to the show! [Yay]

Im graduating (sp) in a couple of days and I can tell you right now that the first few days you do NOTHING! [Razz] . You just go over rules and what the class is about, really its pretty boring. I would go to the show. No biggie if you miss one day.

Horses before school - always. School sucks, that's a fact of life. God gave us horses so we could be happy, that's a fact of life too. Just be sure that you get all your homework done and then you can miss as much school as you want! Of course, I was never really challenged in school and could pull good grades anyway, but just do what you want. Like the other poster said, school will be there when you get back.

You start in July. Wow. I get out of school June 7th. Woo ho. Then graduate June 9th. Go to the horse show. Yuo dont do much the first few days anyways.