Sign in to follow this  
bfrgirl

got a ? w/pics. of gucci

there's a good chance that i might be leasing a saddleberd gelding and he does both western and saddle seat. my question is what is the difference between these two different styles besides the tack. this is one of the few things that i'm not familiar with.

here's some pics. of gucci. i love him. he's adorable to around. he's so cute and funny.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/bfrgirl/gucci2.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/bfrgirl/gucci.jpg

please tell me what you think of him.

[ 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: bfrgirl ]

Not trying to sound rude here, so please do not take what i say personel (sp).

Do you not ride western or saddle seat as of right now?

Western (well pleasure)

http://www.breezequarterhorses.com/MeganBu...ss_2006_650.jpg

And Saddle Seat

http://www.gutierrezandalusians.com/images/Img17.gif

Western is pretty must slow, and relaxed. Not saying that saddle seat isnt relaxed but, the horses have more energy. The tack isnt the only thing different about it. The horses are very different, the riding clothes, heck how you ride is VERY different about the 2, the shows are different.. Do some google searchs about both of them im sure they could tell you more.

He is a cute horse though! [big Grin]

Edit, so people wont get confuced by my post.

[ 06-06-2007, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Perchlover07 ]

Well not to be mean or anything either to the person above this...buh that horse might not even show...the horse probably just rides for fun. And you dont have to be "show material" at western and SS if shes not showing. I could be just for fun.

Cute horse! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by HorseyGirl32:

Well not to be mean or anything either to the person above this...buh that horse might not even show...the horse probably just rides for fun. And you dont have to be "show material" at western and SS if shes not showing. I could be just for fun.

Cute horse!
[big Grin]

Well i know that she might not show with him. But still the horses are different and the way your ride is also, weather showing or not. She asked what is the difference between them, and I said what i thought. I know people ride for fun, i do it, and theres nothing wrong with that if she wants to ride for fun. I didnt mean by my post her horse is like the SS one, but it does show the difference in the styles.

[ 06-06-2007, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Perchlover07 ]

these two discipines are so different. one requires a level headset and one requires a higher headset. either way the horse will be uncomfortable one way or the other because of its build.

thank. i know the basics of both western and ss.

i'm a new rider heck it's been over three years since i have rode. i know what you wre trying to say perchlover07. and thank you Horseygirl32 for doing what you did. i didn't take it personal. if i do end up owning him my main focus for the first little bit will be getting my confidence on a horse up and my riding ability up. but i do wish to show him at some point most likely not very much b/c the only major shows around here are when the fair is here and posibly the arabian horse that is coming to town this year. or atleast that's what i've heard. his personality matches his looks. The thing about his historty that helps with my mom was he used to be lesson horse so i'm hoping that will help he's only six years old. does anyone want his pedgree sorry if there's any spelling errors.

I would like to correct the above poster on what a western saddlebred should look like, as the picture above was of a quarter horse and stock horse and saddlebred western pleasure is a lot different!

http://hometown.aol.com/kdm5g8td/mensvic2000.jpg

But as for your questions, it'd probably be easier to ask a trainer or experienced horse person to show you because things can be hard to explain over the internet.

Good luck! [big Grin]

I would very much like to see his pedigree. Only because I have caught the "Bug" from my dad. I love checking out Saddlebred breeding. I'll tell you if I know anybody on there. Heh heh.

To me, (and I would just love some more pictures to prove me wrong) in the second picture he looks a little short necked, and he doesn't look like he would mount up enough to be a successful saddleseat competitor, depending on the divison.

I would say that, of the two, western he would have a better chance at doing well. But I am not a Western person so don't hold me to that.

As for Saddleseat...actually, he might do fine in some of the smaller divisions. Not talking "Ladies 3 Gaited" (I hate trying to "judge" those classes.) There are, I don't want to say "lesser"...less advanced classes, schooling classes, I guess, that I can see him doing well.

Tack wise, have you ever ridden with a double bridle? Two sets of reins and all that. That is one major difference. Even at a lot of Schooling Shows I go to, competitors aren't allowed to show in a martingale and HAVE to have a double or full bridle on the horse. Him being only seven, I hope, but doubt he has been worked enough in one to be comfortable. They are two different beasties those.

Here are a couple good pictures of what I'm talking about. There is both a smaller snaffle and a curb. And in the second one, you can kind of see the attire you would need for the three gaited division(WTC) and the majority of the others. You may think I am wierd, but I am very uncomfortable riding with only one set of reins. I keep fishing for that second.

(by the way, this is Sultan's Petriphying Dreamer, a real buzzy mare that I am glad we don't own any more)

-

(and this is Oh Behave who is now owned by a cute little girl who loves him to death. He is her little show horse. Dawww! My baby! I'm so proud of him!)

-

Even if he isn't "Star Material" he sounds like a good horse to get your skills back up on.

I really do want to see more pictures of him, though. He's cute. Have you decided for sure if you are going to lease him or not? Have you tried him out yet? Update us often, Sister!

i got good news and bad about gucci. the bad news is he might be leaving my aunt's place very soon. the good my grandparents are thinking about buying him using the ranchs money. i'll try and get some more pics. but your right he does have a short neck i spend a ton of time with him in the paddock. here's what i know so far but i will dig to get some more info.

Reg. name ?The King?s Jubilee?

Reg. # 109307 (American Saddlebred Horse Assoc.)

Sire- CH The King of Highpoint

Dam- Valenciana

Foaled March 28, 2000

Gelding

Chestnut, white pasterns, higher in back, very faint star

i love his color! im also a saddleseat and western rider, even with a little huntseat thrown in there! just looking at the pictures, he could probably do both but would probably be more successful in the show ring western. in the picture of him trotting he looks like he would need some more action for saddleseat, but then again if your planning on doing open and 4-H type things he could definately do it. hey i've seen thouroughbreds under saddleseat tack there!

i don't what's going to happen with him. not even sre if he's still at the ranch. i really would like to have him.

[Huggy] aww, if I had something suitable I would work something out for you. Sadly alls I gots are young horses. I know how that is, you think you know who you want and you Just Can't Have Him!!! Grr. Who knows, by the time your grandparents are SURE they are getting one he might still be available.

idk. maybe if i have enough a's on my report cad i'll have enough to start a lease to own thing or something.