Sign in to follow this  
amie9191

Morgan Grand National and World Championship

if i go i'll be doing western pl and eq 15 +16 yr olds ( i think that is the class i would fall into for age ) ?

and hunter eq and pl. same age.

and some hunter over fences stuff. what about you ??

quote:

Originally posted by asb_all_the_way:

I'm not going but I have to say

GOOD JOB AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Tell us how you do!
[Yay][Jump][smile][big Grin][Wink]

Thanks! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by sweet_jayda:

if i go i'll be doing western pl and eq 15 +16 yr olds ( i think that is the class i would fall into for age ) ?

and some hunter over fences stuff. what about you ??

What is your horse's name? ...I will have to cheer for you when your lined up [big Grin]

I'm showing in Amt. Western Pleasure Geldings over 15.1 and Ladies Amt. Western Pleasure Geldings [smile]

Here is my horse:

edited by admin: Amy. Those images were copyright protected images. Feel free to provide links to the pictures though.

Char

[ 12-17-2007, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Char ]

Amie your Morgan is ADORABLE! Who do you train with, he looks very familiar! I'll be going and showing the Hunt Eq. 14-15 and the Medal on the flat and possibly the pleasure and hunter hack, we haven't decided. I love Nationals, it's the best, even if I do have to miss two weeks of school for it [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by MorgansAreForever*PP*:

Amie your Morgan is ADORABLE! Who do you train with, he looks very familiar!

Thanks [smile] I train him myself [big Grin] His name is DVF Heart Lite and I show him on the east coast.

Here is a video:

2007 Mid-A Western Pleasure Championship Class

Who do you train with? Do you have any pictures of your morgan?

[ 07-23-2007, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: amie9191 ]

He is soo cute! I love his lope, it's nice to see a true 3 beat gait be awarded in the western pleasure [smile] . He's very nice, you should be proud [big Grin] . I train with Julie Pickering out of the Kansas City area, so we show in the Midwest, I'm hoping to make the move to the east coast at some point though, since I want to be a trainer, that's where I'd like to work out of. I don't have any pictures on the computer but if you get the Morgan Horse there is an ad in there from the Wheat State show. I'm on Mineral's Country Playboy [smile]

quote:

He is soo cute! I love his lope, it's nice to see a true 3 beat gait be awarded in the western pleasure
[smile]
. He's very nice, you should be proud
[big Grin]

Thank you [big Grin] I am a very proud "mom" and can't wait to go to Nationals with him!

We don't see much four beating at the morgan shows back east (thank god!)

quote:

. I train with Julie Pickering out of the Kansas City area, so we show in the Midwest, I'm hoping to make the move to the east coast at some point though, since I want to be a trainer, that's where I'd like to work out of. I don't have any pictures on the computer but if you get the Morgan Horse there is an ad in there from the Wheat State show. I'm on Mineral's Country Playboy
[smile]

I've heard of Julie before (I know a couple of people who are in the hunter/jumper ring) She is quickly making a good name for herself in the morgan world [smile]

The east cost has some really great trainers...I was lucky enough to become friends with Dwayne and Mike of Broadmoor and they always have me stable with them at the shows [smile]

Thats probably why the horse looks familiar! I love Mike and Dwayne, they are amazing trainers and their horses are so typey and correct! Julie's great, but she's more focused on the H/J's at this point, and I'm hooked on the Morgans, so I'm always looking for opportunities to learn more about the Morgan world. I would love to work with Broadmoor as an intern for a summer or something like that, they're amazing! [smile]

I'm sure if you called Dwayne & Mike or talked to them at Grand Nationals they would let you know when they have an open spot for grooms and such. I learned alot with them the month I stayed at Broadmoor (years ago). They are a fun bunch and their horses and knowledge are amazing!

I think we are going we are talking about it anyway. My daughter will be showing Classic Pleasure Junior 14-15, Classic Pleasure Equitation 14-17, and fittings and showmanship 14-17.

It will be nice to watch DVF Heartlite in western. AMIE9191 remember we ride with Dawnville Farms, Headlites breeder.

YES! I remember! It would be great to meet you!

So is Dawnsville farm bringing alot of their horses to Grand Nationals?...they have a filly for sale that is half sister to Headlight who I think is really cute [smile]

No, Karen isn't bringing any of their own horses. There is just my daughter and another lady that is going to compete. She is bringing down horses for other people though.

The strangest thing happen yesterday. My daughter had competed at the Grand Nationals in 2005 in jr. hunt seat and hunt seat equitation. She placed sixth in hunt seat and 7 in hunt seat eq. Well she got a letter yesterday that said one of the horse and rider combos had been disqualified so now she placed 5th and 6th instead of 6th and 7th. They want her to return her ribbons and they will send her the 5th and 6th placing ribbons. Good grief it is amost 2 years later. There is only one rider/horse combo that was the same in both classes and that was first place. Since I think they only test 1st and 2nd place for illegal substances it must be them. The only other same combo was in 4th place in both classes.

OHHHH I just looked it up....interesting that both of the horse/rider combos are very well known and are still showing together this year...I wonder if they even got in trouble [Confused]

Have you see Karens horse DVF In A Moment? I think she looks really cute in the picture on their website [smile]

[ 08-01-2007, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: amie9191 ]

I wouldn't post any names here but I do find that interesting!

I'm also not sure if they only test the 1st and 2nd places [Confused] I've only gotten to show at Grand Nationals once ....and lets just say I didn't place near the top two [Razz]

Okay from what we could find out it was just a matter of unpaid fees. Not sure if it was from a regional show or National. There was no drugs involved which makes sense.

The way we figured it out was the same horse/rider combo had to be in both classes and place above my daughter. There were only two combos in both classes. The only people involved with the ribbons would be the ones below the disqualified one.

Amie, Shirley, DVF In a Moment, is a very pretty horse. I have been watching her train and she is so level headed. Never seems to get in a snit about anything. She definately has her sire's temperment. I could get some pictures of her if you want and email them to you.

Oh by the way do you know any nice hotels in OKC. The last time we went we stayed at this place and lets just say I am not staying there this year.

[ 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: baymorgan ]

I know you LOL. You should come and bring the other girl with you, I won't say her name. That's Smokey she is on isn't it. Was that after the trail class? I think we are putting our entry forms in this weekend.

lol yeahh thats smokey in the pairs class . it was funn and yeah i want to go but i dunno my dad thinks its too much school to miss if i do battle of the breeds too. so i need to make up my mind [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by baymorgan:

Amie, Shirley, DVF In a Moment, is a very pretty horse. I have been watching her train and she is so level headed. Never seems to get in a snit about anything. She definately has her sire's temperment. I could get some pictures of her if you want and email them to you.

OH if you could take some pictures of her that would be AWESOME....I'd love to see some more pics (i've only seen her in one) ....there is also a full sister to Headlight there...could you take some pics of her too? I'm a huge fan of their breeding program and I would love to get another horse from them [big Grin]

I'v stayed at the Biltmore in OK and I wasn't impressed....for the money and the amount of time you are there I found that having a mini-frig in the room is a must (OJ, sodas, some snacks) I actually ended up moving to the Days Inn and for the money the rooms were just as nice as the Biltmore.

Amie I can get pictures of Shirley (DVF in a Moment)for you. Shirley nickers everytime I go by her stall because I sneak her a treat everytime I am there. LOL

I don't really know DVF Katarina, I'll have to ask Karen which one she is. She may be at the other farm.

I am going to be on holidays for the next two weeks so I won't be getting them too you until I get back to work. I have dialup and home and it is so painfully slow that I don't even use the computer there. I will see if I can get some video also.

Jayda, go to the Nationals. I know Liselle would like to know someone else there. If you go to the battle of the breeds are you part of the team or demo horse.