Sign in to follow this  
Tiffany Newman

Does this look like a decent cart?

In my opinion (which of course, is only that) - you can gamble and buy a harness online, but I'd NEVER buy an unknown cart online, without first checking it over in person. My biggest issue is knowing how balanced it is. But also, you'd want to check over the welds, check out the quality of the pipe metal used - there's really just so much. There are some things on this cart that strike me as well done, and others that I don't think are particularly high quality craftsmanship. I could go see it in person and find that it goes either way however - the questionable things could actually be very nice, or things that look nice in a picture but be less than perfect. The one thing I don't care for are the claims that some of their features are unique. Many of them are actually STANDARD features on many carts, and some of their reasoning

It's also good to have an opportunity to RIDE in a cart before you buy it. You may find you have a preference of style. Easy entry carts are notoriously BOUNCY rides, and are also heavy and so not good for starting young horses, but have other good qualities, so it may be worth riding in many different carts to find one that best suits your needs.

Thank you! Unfortunately in my area of the country driving is not popular so it is extremely difficult to find used carts. Even more difficult to find new ones (no cart makers in my area that I know of) or try them out. But, good advice. I appreciate it.

Balance make a big difference in how easy the cart is to pull so does weight. My easy entry is rolled aluminum (Pennsbury) and weights about 110 pounds. We all had to test it LOL. One person can pull two adults at a jog if the terrain is not too deep.

American Cart & Harness was a good starter or me. It was reasonable and did what I needed at the time. My friend has since taken it and she goes trail driving, its holding up fine.

Big Dee has a similair cart also. Might be a little less for the Fourth sale.

LEt us know what you find or if you choose the Maine cart.