Sign in to follow this  
dressage_diva

You know you're an equestrian when...

Oh no! I'm guilty of pretty much everyone [Embarrassed] These are some I read on an issue of Horse Illustrated so most of these I haven't done.

You complain to your husband about spending $30 on a round of golf but you don't blink an eye when the cashier says "That'll be $3,525 for your new saddle"

Your wardrobe constists of t-shirts, wranglers, and boots.

You nicker whenever you see some good food that you want to eat (I do this [shocked] )

You stamp your foot when your impatient.

You teach your dog how to do halter and how to jump.

Your mom is proud that you willingly eat your veggies, even though you're sharing that carrot with your horse.

When the person in front of you is driving too slow you wish you had a crop to whack their car with or you cluck at them.

You put on a clean shirt in the morning and by that evening it's got horse snot/slobber all over it.

You went to the mall in jeans, boots, and half chaps (i'm guilty of this, but never go to the mall like this if you'll be trying on pants, it's a pain!)

That's all I can think of for now.

Oh no! I'm guilty of pretty much everyone [Embarrassed] These are some I read on an issue of Horse Illustrated so most of these I haven't done.

You complain to your husband about spending $30 on a round of golf but you don't blink an eye when the cashier says "That'll be $3,525 for your new saddle"

Your wardrobe constists of t-shirts, wranglers, and boots.

You nicker whenever you see some good food that you want to eat (I do this [shocked] )

You stamp your foot when your impatient.

You teach your dog how to do halter and how to jump.

Your mom is proud that you willingly eat your veggies, even though you're sharing that carrot with your horse.

When the person in front of you is driving too slow you wish you had a crop to whack their car with or you cluck at them.

You put on a clean shirt in the morning and by that evening it's got horse snot/slobber all over it.

You went to the mall in jeans, boots, and half chaps (i'm guilty of this, but never go to the mall like this if you'll be trying on pants, it's a pain!)

That's all I can think of for now.

quote:

Originally posted by SkipJacksLady:

Instead of running you simply canter...lead changes and everything...

Do that one ALL the time around the house I also try to inclue Piaffe, Passage, Tempis, Half Pass, heh [Embarrassed]

quote:

Originally posted by SkipJacksLady:

Instead of running you simply canter...lead changes and everything...

Do that one ALL the time around the house I also try to inclue Piaffe, Passage, Tempis, Half Pass, heh [Embarrassed]

I am very guilty of these:

when my cats in the way clicking at her to get her to move- yea she mostly lays down and looks at me weird.

when i am driving looking at a big pasture and wondering if they would let me ride there.

(I also adjust me seat to "support"the turn ) [smile]

Planning my life around horse shows and horse events.

Forgetting a (my) birthday party because the horse and I "just got it" and I couldnt stop then!

Ahh what our horses have us trained to do!

I am very guilty of these:

when my cats in the way clicking at her to get her to move- yea she mostly lays down and looks at me weird.

when i am driving looking at a big pasture and wondering if they would let me ride there.

(I also adjust me seat to "support"the turn ) [smile]

Planning my life around horse shows and horse events.

Forgetting a (my) birthday party because the horse and I "just got it" and I couldnt stop then!

Ahh what our horses have us trained to do!

haha this reminds me

my friend was going straight out to the barn from school and i was going with her, i had no room in my backpack so i wore my halfchaps to school, and im not bragging or w/e but im somewhat populare, everyone always seems to enjoy being around me, so the whole 8th grade was talking about ohwi was wearing weired things on my legs, and i also had on my boots.

( you dont see anyone who ides out here its all houses so people think horseback riding is like seeing deathdifing stunfs preformed. they think its neerdy)

wow what a sight. i met some people that i didnt even kno knew me, now were bestfriends, my x boyfriend ( who i was oging out with at the time) was getting a laugh out of it and didnt even care, haha .

hmm i also wear them into resturant ands everything, cause they are cumfie

[ 07-28-2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: storey ]

haha this reminds me

my friend was going straight out to the barn from school and i was going with her, i had no room in my backpack so i wore my halfchaps to school, and im not bragging or w/e but im somewhat populare, everyone always seems to enjoy being around me, so the whole 8th grade was talking about ohwi was wearing weired things on my legs, and i also had on my boots.

( you dont see anyone who ides out here its all houses so people think horseback riding is like seeing deathdifing stunfs preformed. they think its neerdy)

wow what a sight. i met some people that i didnt even kno knew me, now were bestfriends, my x boyfriend ( who i was oging out with at the time) was getting a laugh out of it and didnt even care, haha .

hmm i also wear them into resturant ands everything, cause they are cumfie

[ 07-28-2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: storey ]

People at school talk about the crazt parties they go to on the weekends, and all you can say is that you were at the barn.

When you see a nice, lush pasture, you plan out how you could build a barn, and a jumping course, a dressage ring, and a flating arena....or you just think the pasture looks tasty... [Roll Eyes]

You get a paycheck and think what you could buy for you horse with it!

[ 07-28-2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: TigerLily ]

People at school talk about the crazt parties they go to on the weekends, and all you can say is that you were at the barn.

When you see a nice, lush pasture, you plan out how you could build a barn, and a jumping course, a dressage ring, and a flating arena....or you just think the pasture looks tasty... [Roll Eyes]

You get a paycheck and think what you could buy for you horse with it!

[ 07-28-2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: TigerLily ]

When your in a car and you go over bumps or cracks in the road you pretend they are jumps and lean somewhat forward into a 2 point and even imagine the "strides inbetween" ..lol and the people in the car with you wonder what the heck is wrong with you.

You ride on a jet-ski for 2 hours strait and afterwards eveyone else is moaning and groaning because "their thighs hurt"

You teach your friends and family how a 2-point is useful in riding a jet-ski and have them all 2-pointing and such.

[ 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Equine_Fanatic91 ]

When your in a car and you go over bumps or cracks in the road you pretend they are jumps and lean somewhat forward into a 2 point and even imagine the "strides inbetween" ..lol and the people in the car with you wonder what the heck is wrong with you.

You ride on a jet-ski for 2 hours strait and afterwards eveyone else is moaning and groaning because "their thighs hurt"

You teach your friends and family how a 2-point is useful in riding a jet-ski and have them all 2-pointing and such.

[ 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Equine_Fanatic91 ]

Haha, I can't believe how much of those things I do!! I tell you what, our horses sure have us trained hehe, but I love it!

~I see huge rolling hills and wonder if the people would let us ride there.

~I'm in the pool on a scorching hot day, and still wish I could ride and groom all day.

~Being bummed because my family/friends are having a party and I would much rather be having the trainer work with me and my horse.

~Go to the mall and see awesome things, my parents offer to buy me something but I say I would MUCH rather wait and go to Pet'sMart and get something for Harley.

~Not caring if I'm with my friends and smell like horses, or are still wearing my boots and jeans.

~Hehe,my favorite, I would much rather be working with my horses than having a day out with my friends, or anything besides working with horses, and hoping a vacation would be over so I could get home and work with the trainer and Harley(felt bad, but I wanted to be home with my girl!!).

Hehe, I sure love horses, and love it that you guys feel the same way I do!I feel like a normal horse person lol(as normal as we can be [Wink] )!!

Monica [smiley Wavey]

Haha, I can't believe how much of those things I do!! I tell you what, our horses sure have us trained hehe, but I love it!

~I see huge rolling hills and wonder if the people would let us ride there.

~I'm in the pool on a scorching hot day, and still wish I could ride and groom all day.

~Being bummed because my family/friends are having a party and I would much rather be having the trainer work with me and my horse.

~Go to the mall and see awesome things, my parents offer to buy me something but I say I would MUCH rather wait and go to Pet'sMart and get something for Harley.

~Not caring if I'm with my friends and smell like horses, or are still wearing my boots and jeans.

~Hehe,my favorite, I would much rather be working with my horses than having a day out with my friends, or anything besides working with horses, and hoping a vacation would be over so I could get home and work with the trainer and Harley(felt bad, but I wanted to be home with my girl!!).

Hehe, I sure love horses, and love it that you guys feel the same way I do!I feel like a normal horse person lol(as normal as we can be [Wink] )!!

Monica [smiley Wavey]

Hah,I love this!

This goes with our gaits:Walk,trot,and canter.

When you nod your head everytime you take a step.

When you'd rather be in blistering sun out there with your horse than in a nice cool mall with your friends/ boyfriend or girlfriend.

Your dream is to go that new ranch/stable down the road.And you don't plan on driving a car,You wanna ride down there and showoff your horse.

When you go to Sonic and can't wait to get a peppermint for your horse..Who cares about that burger and fries.You can give the fries to him too.

You actually have a bridle hanging on your wall and a saddle in your room.

When your computer loads its:Windows XP Horse Edition.

Gah, I have [done] all of that..

Our horses are such great mind twisters.

Hah,I love this!

This goes with our gaits:Walk,trot,and canter.

When you nod your head everytime you take a step.

When you'd rather be in blistering sun out there with your horse than in a nice cool mall with your friends/ boyfriend or girlfriend.

Your dream is to go that new ranch/stable down the road.And you don't plan on driving a car,You wanna ride down there and showoff your horse.

When you go to Sonic and can't wait to get a peppermint for your horse..Who cares about that burger and fries.You can give the fries to him too.

You actually have a bridle hanging on your wall and a saddle in your room.

When your computer loads its:Windows XP Horse Edition.

Gah, I have [done] all of that..

Our horses are such great mind twisters.