Sign in to follow this  
dressage_diva

You know you're an equestrian when...

When you cant rember your birthday but you know how meny days till your horse's birthday!

When you need stiches you ask the vet when they are done with your horse if they can stich you up!

When you cant rember your birthday but you know how meny days till your horse's birthday!

When you need stiches you ask the vet when they are done with your horse if they can stich you up!

Your horse is spotless and you are covered with dirt and hair from getting him that way. You go to the store like that because you are out of ..... (usually something for the horses).

People dont recognise you when you wear regular clothes.

You have aquaintances known as "Buck's owner", "the girl with the warmblood", and "the guy who bucks our hay".

Everything you own has a wad of hay crumbs and hair in the bottom of the pockets (even when they are clean).

Your horse is spotless and you are covered with dirt and hair from getting him that way. You go to the store like that because you are out of ..... (usually something for the horses).

People dont recognise you when you wear regular clothes.

You have aquaintances known as "Buck's owner", "the girl with the warmblood", and "the guy who bucks our hay".

Everything you own has a wad of hay crumbs and hair in the bottom of the pockets (even when they are clean).

You cluck to your husband to get him to move (I did that the other day!).

You haul your $20,000 horse trailer with a $2,000 truck.

Horses are up to date on vaccinations; you, not.

When asked what you want for your birthday, you automatically inventory your tack room looking for holes. This year I asked for new footing for my round pen.

You've gone our for a nice dinner still wearing your wranglers, boots, and spurs and think you look just fine.

You cluck to your husband to get him to move (I did that the other day!).

You haul your $20,000 horse trailer with a $2,000 truck.

Horses are up to date on vaccinations; you, not.

When asked what you want for your birthday, you automatically inventory your tack room looking for holes. This year I asked for new footing for my round pen.

You've gone our for a nice dinner still wearing your wranglers, boots, and spurs and think you look just fine.

you have whips,spurs,and tall boots in your truck and cant figure out why people give you odd looks.

You have ever had hay in your bra.

Your horses have thier own christmas stalkings

Your horse has 3 different vets and 2 farriers and a dentist all of these number are on speed dial on your cell phone, You however have to spend an hour trying to REMEMER your doctors name and where you might have possibly put the number.

you have ever made cookies for a picky horse.

you stare intently at manure to determine health of your horse.

You can remember the name of 100 horses on the farm but forget your husbands sisters name.

you have whips,spurs,and tall boots in your truck and cant figure out why people give you odd looks.

You have ever had hay in your bra.

Your horses have thier own christmas stalkings

Your horse has 3 different vets and 2 farriers and a dentist all of these number are on speed dial on your cell phone, You however have to spend an hour trying to REMEMER your doctors name and where you might have possibly put the number.

you have ever made cookies for a picky horse.

you stare intently at manure to determine health of your horse.

You can remember the name of 100 horses on the farm but forget your husbands sisters name.

You go around the house, walking like you would for showmanship. (I seem to do that quite often)

Your horse gets its own Christmas tree.

When you get money for any special occasion, you automatically start thinking about what the horse(s) need.

You sit and wait for the computer to load, and start clucking hoping to make it go faster. (Seems like it never works, lol.)

You go around the house, walking like you would for showmanship. (I seem to do that quite often)

Your horse gets its own Christmas tree.

When you get money for any special occasion, you automatically start thinking about what the horse(s) need.

You sit and wait for the computer to load, and start clucking hoping to make it go faster. (Seems like it never works, lol.)

At age 16 you finally get you Drivers Lic. You take all the money you have saved from the past years work, borrow a truck and trailer to go pick up the "CAR" you were supposed to buy. Along with a saddle and a bridle, and some hay! [big Grin]

At age 16 you finally get you Drivers Lic. You take all the money you have saved from the past years work, borrow a truck and trailer to go pick up the "CAR" you were supposed to buy. Along with a saddle and a bridle, and some hay! [big Grin]

I do so many of these. I really enjoyed reading them.

When walking with a friend, or parent, I say "ho," or "whoa," and wonder why they don't stop.

Whenever I see a line, or crack, or fallen log, I canter to it, scream "TWO-POINT NOW," and jump it, canter out, and change my lead when reversing direction.

When being driven, I complain that the other horse is passing too close on the outside, and that our car might kick.

I two-point and "post" sitting in front of the computer.

Whenever posible, I stretch my heels down, and my life revolces around riding.

I do so many of these. I really enjoyed reading them.

When walking with a friend, or parent, I say "ho," or "whoa," and wonder why they don't stop.

Whenever I see a line, or crack, or fallen log, I canter to it, scream "TWO-POINT NOW," and jump it, canter out, and change my lead when reversing direction.

When being driven, I complain that the other horse is passing too close on the outside, and that our car might kick.

I two-point and "post" sitting in front of the computer.

Whenever posible, I stretch my heels down, and my life revolces around riding.

I didn't get a horse until I was an adult and didn't even get lessons until I was in high school, but I did most of the things you guys talk about.

On top of that:

I would sit around for HOURS and make "registration papers" for all my model horses. All 36 of them had a unique registered name, along with sire and dam's names!

I also made halters and bridles out of shoelaces for my stuffed animal horses.

I owned several brushes and a hoof pick at the ripe old age of 11, still had those prized posessions when I got my first horse at 24!

On road trips, I would stare out the window for hours and daydream I was galloping a horse along the road.

Begged my parents EVERY DAY FOR 13 YEARS for a horse. Never worked. Got to go to a couple summer camps, and got lessons at 16 though!

Currently: I actually said whoa subconciously to my shopping buggy in the grocery store the other day. Glad no one heard me! [Embarrassed]

My checks have rotating pics of horses on them, my hubby actually agreed to that!

All of my "NOT EVER ALLOWED IN THE BARN" shoes eventually end up being worn at least once.

I don't have a t-shirt that doesn't have some kind of stain, rip, or other malformation.

I clean and arrange my tack room with pleasure, but won't touch my house without grumbling.

[big Grin] Isn't being a horse lover awesome? [Wink]

I didn't get a horse until I was an adult and didn't even get lessons until I was in high school, but I did most of the things you guys talk about.

On top of that:

I would sit around for HOURS and make "registration papers" for all my model horses. All 36 of them had a unique registered name, along with sire and dam's names!

I also made halters and bridles out of shoelaces for my stuffed animal horses.

I owned several brushes and a hoof pick at the ripe old age of 11, still had those prized posessions when I got my first horse at 24!

On road trips, I would stare out the window for hours and daydream I was galloping a horse along the road.

Begged my parents EVERY DAY FOR 13 YEARS for a horse. Never worked. Got to go to a couple summer camps, and got lessons at 16 though!

Currently: I actually said whoa subconciously to my shopping buggy in the grocery store the other day. Glad no one heard me! [Embarrassed]

My checks have rotating pics of horses on them, my hubby actually agreed to that!

All of my "NOT EVER ALLOWED IN THE BARN" shoes eventually end up being worn at least once.

I don't have a t-shirt that doesn't have some kind of stain, rip, or other malformation.

I clean and arrange my tack room with pleasure, but won't touch my house without grumbling.

[big Grin] Isn't being a horse lover awesome? [Wink]

...your voicemail message on your cell phone says, "Hi, you've reached my voicemail. I'm at the barn, and I have the ringer turned off so it won't scare the horses. Leave a message. Oh, and if it's the vet, I was wondering what (insert latest horsey health question here)".

...you see your horse more often than you see your fiance.

...on your daily walk to work, you find yourself counting strides and judging distances on the neighbors' picket fences and hedges, planning as if they were a jump course.

...you owned tack before you actually owned a horse.

...golf courses are nothing more than wasted pastureland or a place for a good gallop to you.

...every time you go to the beach, you think to yourself, "Hey, I wonder if my horse would like to go swimming?"

...your horse's stall has a fan, three water buckets, and is bedded a foot and a half deep with shavings while your bedroom has nothing in it but a mattress and a pile of clothing.

...you remember your horse's birthday and the date of his next scheduled farrier and vet visits more readily than you remember your birthday or yours and your honey's anniversary.

Amusingly enough, I've done all of these things.

...your voicemail message on your cell phone says, "Hi, you've reached my voicemail. I'm at the barn, and I have the ringer turned off so it won't scare the horses. Leave a message. Oh, and if it's the vet, I was wondering what (insert latest horsey health question here)".

...you see your horse more often than you see your fiance.

...on your daily walk to work, you find yourself counting strides and judging distances on the neighbors' picket fences and hedges, planning as if they were a jump course.

...you owned tack before you actually owned a horse.

...golf courses are nothing more than wasted pastureland or a place for a good gallop to you.

...every time you go to the beach, you think to yourself, "Hey, I wonder if my horse would like to go swimming?"

...your horse's stall has a fan, three water buckets, and is bedded a foot and a half deep with shavings while your bedroom has nothing in it but a mattress and a pile of clothing.

...you remember your horse's birthday and the date of his next scheduled farrier and vet visits more readily than you remember your birthday or yours and your honey's anniversary.

Amusingly enough, I've done all of these things.

quote:

Originally posted by ILoVeJiGsAw663:

haha i do some of that too

α when your on a boat and when you go over waves you pretend they are jumps

^^I love to do that. I canter and jump and lean foward and everything

quote:

quote:

I thought that I was the only one! [Yay][Jump][big Grin]

quote:

I thought that I was the only one! [Yay][Jump][big Grin]

Did you know horse slobber makes great hair mouse'

Someone says why dont you sell the horses! and they have to get up off the floor [Razz]

Your personal ad has not produced anyone who knows which end of the horse goes forward.

You have sorted thru thousands of personal ads, looking for the two that say under hobbies.

Riding, showing, cleaning horses.

the first question you ask the date, do you know how to clean a horses sheath!!! if the answer is no you leave.

You mention thrush and the other person say "what kind of bird is that?"

You know its time to leave when you mention touched them on the croup and they other person says "That has to be nasty."

You mention breast collar and the lady says, I don't do S&M!"

You say Mustang and they say car.

They have ZERO idea of what a gelding is.

The personal ad says was rich until I bought horses.

You know you are an Equestrian when you are looking for a house and dont care about the house

You check the barn the water the fence and how close it is to the biggest trail riding area in your state.

You big vacation plans, include Cheyenne Frontier Days, Yellowstone, The Badlands and its all on horseback.

You know its really bad, when you judge everyones yards by how good it looks to graze horses on.

You head out to Cozamel for a week of scuba diving and the first thing you notice is the horses, carriages and trail rides!!!

Then you skip the first day of diving to ride horses in the jungle!!!!!!!!

I know I have it bad because the first thing I put up at this house was a fence that look like an old west hitching post & rail.

When you judge a person on how well the maintain their tack.

Did you know horse slobber makes great hair mouse'

Someone says why dont you sell the horses! and they have to get up off the floor [Razz]

Your personal ad has not produced anyone who knows which end of the horse goes forward.

You have sorted thru thousands of personal ads, looking for the two that say under hobbies.

Riding, showing, cleaning horses.

the first question you ask the date, do you know how to clean a horses sheath!!! if the answer is no you leave.

You mention thrush and the other person say "what kind of bird is that?"

You know its time to leave when you mention touched them on the croup and they other person says "That has to be nasty."

You mention breast collar and the lady says, I don't do S&M!"

You say Mustang and they say car.

They have ZERO idea of what a gelding is.

The personal ad says was rich until I bought horses.

You know you are an Equestrian when you are looking for a house and dont care about the house

You check the barn the water the fence and how close it is to the biggest trail riding area in your state.

You big vacation plans, include Cheyenne Frontier Days, Yellowstone, The Badlands and its all on horseback.

You know its really bad, when you judge everyones yards by how good it looks to graze horses on.

You head out to Cozamel for a week of scuba diving and the first thing you notice is the horses, carriages and trail rides!!!

Then you skip the first day of diving to ride horses in the jungle!!!!!!!!

I know I have it bad because the first thing I put up at this house was a fence that look like an old west hitching post & rail.

When you judge a person on how well the maintain their tack.