Sign in to follow this  
Kourtney01234

Your first pony/horse.

I thought this would be fun...just post information about your first pony/horse. Post a picture too...but please only post one or two other wise it takes for ever to download. Thanks!

Well....my first pony was a 54", 10 year old, paint pony that we bought for $600 in 1999. At this time we knew NOTHING about horses. My mom grew up with horses, nothing big, just rode every once in awhile. When we bought Misty, we didn't have a trailer, saddle, bridle, nothing. So the girl that we bought her off of rode her out to our place (it was like four miles). And when she got out here my dad was still working on fencing off an area for her so that she can get in the barn. So for like six hours all four of us kids took turns leading Misty around (all fighting over her). When my dad did get down with the fence we never left her alone. [bat Eyelashes] We still own Misty to this day and she will NEVER leave. She will die here. My younger sister's (12 y/o) horse was really young this year so when I went to paint shows she never really got to show except for open halter and walk trot on my horse so she got Misty in shape and started showing her all this summer at the open shows and that ol' pony was awesome. This guy we know asked us if we would sell her and we said no but he is thinking about leasing her next year for his daughter (I think she is like 7). We would only lease her to them because we know they are good people. But other wise Misty will just stand in the pasture the rest of her life getting fat. Except when my friends come out, they get to ride her. Such a good pony. Well here is a picture of her. This was in 2000 at a small open show. This is my little sister on her.

-

And...

This is me and my little sister in a prade in 2000. (I'm on the front.)

-

Lets see yours....

I thought this would be fun...just post information about your first pony/horse. Post a picture too...but please only post one or two other wise it takes for ever to download. Thanks!

Well....my first pony was a 54", 10 year old, paint pony that we bought for $600 in 1999. At this time we knew NOTHING about horses. My mom grew up with horses, nothing big, just rode every once in awhile. When we bought Misty, we didn't have a trailer, saddle, bridle, nothing. So the girl that we bought her off of rode her out to our place (it was like four miles). And when she got out here my dad was still working on fencing off an area for her so that she can get in the barn. So for like six hours all four of us kids took turns leading Misty around (all fighting over her). When my dad did get down with the fence we never left her alone. [bat Eyelashes] We still own Misty to this day and she will NEVER leave. She will die here. My younger sister's (12 y/o) horse was really young this year so when I went to paint shows she never really got to show except for open halter and walk trot on my horse so she got Misty in shape and started showing her all this summer at the open shows and that ol' pony was awesome. This guy we know asked us if we would sell her and we said no but he is thinking about leasing her next year for his daughter (I think she is like 7). We would only lease her to them because we know they are good people. But other wise Misty will just stand in the pasture the rest of her life getting fat. Except when my friends come out, they get to ride her. Such a good pony. Well here is a picture of her. This was in 2000 at a small open show. This is my little sister on her.

-

And...

This is me and my little sister in a prade in 2000. (I'm on the front.)

-

Lets see yours....

Lady was my first horse that I ever owned. My neighbor bought her for $3,000 and gave her to me when she foundered. She WAS the H*** B**** from Lonesome Dove come to life. She's better now; when she was young, though, it's a wonder she didn't kill me. It took a lot of work to get this severely abused horse to the point it was not dangerous...

-

Lady was my first horse that I ever owned. My neighbor bought her for $3,000 and gave her to me when she foundered. She WAS the H*** B**** from Lonesome Dove come to life. She's better now; when she was young, though, it's a wonder she didn't kill me. It took a lot of work to get this severely abused horse to the point it was not dangerous...

-

Btw that's my mouthbreather sister in the picture and my chromedome dad taking the other one...lol.

I let my sister show Lady in FFA but I'll never part with her.

Btw that's my mouthbreather sister in the picture and my chromedome dad taking the other one...lol.

I let my sister show Lady in FFA but I'll never part with her.

My first horse was a rescued aged asthmatic Appaloosa gelding who was about as backyard as you could get. [big Grin] And he was the first to bolt and throw me off. On Valentine's Day, of all days. But at least it was in a snowdrift and he stayed there until I came to. [Wink]

This is us during our first Easter together in 1999, I think.

-

And this is us on the lunge line. I was always so proud of this pic because I actually had my heels down. I still to this day can't get my heels down that far. And yes, he was ALWAYS grumpy (seems to be a trend in geldings I get cause my current guy is a bit of a grump too -- i think that's why I am a mare person, LOL). Oh, this was from 1999, too, I think.

-

My first horse was a rescued aged asthmatic Appaloosa gelding who was about as backyard as you could get. [big Grin] And he was the first to bolt and throw me off. On Valentine's Day, of all days. But at least it was in a snowdrift and he stayed there until I came to. [Wink]

This is us during our first Easter together in 1999, I think.

-

And this is us on the lunge line. I was always so proud of this pic because I actually had my heels down. I still to this day can't get my heels down that far. And yes, he was ALWAYS grumpy (seems to be a trend in geldings I get cause my current guy is a bit of a grump too -- i think that's why I am a mare person, LOL). Oh, this was from 1999, too, I think.

-

This is my first pony that my we got about 9 years ago I think. We as well are keeping him until he dies, I out grew him so my mom now rides him. Yet I still hope on him every now and than so he can jump and go into a full out gallop. He is now 15 years old and he is a fell pony cross. [smiley Wavey]

-

-

[ 09-08-2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: horsecrazy1234 ]

This is my first pony that my we got about 9 years ago I think. We as well are keeping him until he dies, I out grew him so my mom now rides him. Yet I still hope on him every now and than so he can jump and go into a full out gallop. He is now 15 years old and he is a fell pony cross. [smiley Wavey]

-

-

[ 09-08-2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: horsecrazy1234 ]

"My" first horse was my moms old appaloosa mare. I had ridden her all my life, and became "mine" when i was 8 in 1996, when my moms got her gelding. She was about 14 at the time, and a bit on the marey side. she has all my first, first fall, first time rolled on, and all sorts of goofy stuff. but put a green rider on her and she was the sweetest thing, wierd. My official 1st horse is my gelding digger. I got him in 2000 when I was 13 i think. He was born on my aunts place, and she sold him to me for 500$. I think i only ever paid 100$ on him, and worked off the rest.

-

my old appaloosa mare

-

Digger as a baby.

-

digger when i bought him as a weanling

-

Digger now

"My" first horse was my moms old appaloosa mare. I had ridden her all my life, and became "mine" when i was 8 in 1996, when my moms got her gelding. She was about 14 at the time, and a bit on the marey side. she has all my first, first fall, first time rolled on, and all sorts of goofy stuff. but put a green rider on her and she was the sweetest thing, wierd. My official 1st horse is my gelding digger. I got him in 2000 when I was 13 i think. He was born on my aunts place, and she sold him to me for 500$. I think i only ever paid 100$ on him, and worked off the rest.

-

my old appaloosa mare

-

Digger as a baby.

-

digger when i bought him as a weanling

-

Digger now