Sign in to follow this  
RachelnBuddy

Your christmas Tree!

Here's a post for the holidays: Post pics of your christmas tree and tell what kind it is. You can also post pics of any decorations at your house or barn that you want to show off! [big Grin]

Here's my tree...it's a noble fir.

-

-

Here's a look at the chandelier with glass icicles hanging from it.

-

Beautiful Christmas tree, and I LOVE that chandelier! I will post pics of my tree next weekend.. We aren't getting it until then [Frown] But maybe I can find a picture from last year, one moment!

Well, I found it.. The picture that were useing for a christmas card, so don't mind the circle around it.. But it gives you the general idea that we have WAY to many christmas ornements..

-

[ 12-04-2005, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Jockey_Heart ]

Iam so mad, my mom got an ARTIFICIAL TREE!! She bought it last year! I loved the real ones, Oh but when she came home from the Grocery store, she gave me half foot real one in a pot! Nice, then I found out, she took it to her office. So what was the point there?? Uggg... iam really mad, I wonder if I can sneak one into my bedroom??? Hmmm... [Question][Question][Question]

EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR REAL ONES, PRETTY TREES BY THE WAY PEEPS!!

Poptart did most of the decorating but once we finished, Dusty got behind it and knocked it over! We got it back up but we'd have to take the beads and stuff off to get them straightened out and standing straight again and that would just be WAY too much work for me! [Crazy]

It's a real tree, a NC frasier fir... it smells wonderful!

-

-

[ 12-09-2005, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: mehpenn ]

It's my first Christmas out of my parents house and.........I don't have a tree. My fiancee keeps telling my we'll go out in the woods and get one. But have we made it out there yet....NO!! [bang Head] He's been hunting every weekend and we both work a full time job. Forget him, when I get home tonight, I'm going to go cut me a tree down and set it up myself. [Yay] Oh shoot, [Mad] I just realised I don't have any ornaments.

Does anybody want to donate ornaments to the "Poor Kristen Fund"? I think I'm going to cry! [Frown]

I'll find something to put on my tree. Oooooo cool idea, horseshoes, got plenty of those!!!

Harley... yo can make your own ormaments.. my favorite are those with sentimental value... the ones Poptart's made in daycare and preschool are my FAVORITE... just little pieces of cardboard or construction paper with cottonballs and googley eyes glued on them and a piece of string tied to them to hang them by... those mean the most, not the fancy one's we bought. [Wink]

OR

Sounds to me like it's time to start your own Christmas collection...this is what I did:

I asked my mom, my sister, my aunts, my future mother-in-law, my friends... everyone who meant anything to me... to share with me an ornament off their tree... just one... so I could start my collection off with things that would remind me of them and all the years we've spent together. I didn't want anything sentimental... just a plain 'ol christmas ball. Then I used gliter glue to put their name on it. My sister even glued a picture of the two of us on the one she gave me. My mom actually went through her ornaments and picked out a lot that she thought I would appreciated... but not the most sentimental. I mean come on, my brother is 36 and she still hangs his "yarn snowman" that he made in 2nd grade on the tree every year....

Here I am, nearly 10 years later... and with more ornaments than I know what to do with. The ones my family and friends gave me all those years ago are still some of the first one's to go on... second only to the ones Poptart has made.

[ 12-05-2005, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: mehpenn ]

we don't have our tree yet [Frown] we usually get it closer to christmas. Our tree is usually one of the fat, short, (kinda short... like 6ft. tall) kind and its usually a pine tree. We cover it with lights and pearls and ornaments, its usually hard to see the tree after it is decorated! My mom doesn't get rid of ANY ornaments!! [Wink][Roll Eyes]

Mom is waiting to put the tree and Christmas decorations up until I get home..child labor, I swear! [Razz] Anyway..here is a picture of our tree last year. It stays pretty much the same every year.

-

I am still putting up the trees. Should be finished by this weekend. I usually put up 5 trees. a three foot white tree no particular theme, a three foot decorated with a patriotic Santa as topper and all red, white, and blue stuff. I am still working on the main tree which is 7 ft and called the memory tree using the ornaments which have been collected over the years. I still have to put up the 2 six foot trees, one of which is decorated with cowboy santas and the other which is decorated with santa fishing. Hopefully they will all be up by this weekend and I can finish shopping by then too. Maybe I'll just call my boss and tell him I am too busy to work this month. I'm sure he will understand. [Crazy]

We're might string popcorn tonight to put on our tree... any suggestions? [Question] Poptart thinks that will be fun... I think it'll be... interesting....

Add cranberries to the garland for color. If you have a tree with small pine cones you could make a garland out of those, too...maybe interspersed with beads. [big Grin]