Sign in to follow this  
Amanda1688

Yet another Name this horse.

Are you leaning toward big fancy names like...

Legend Air

Majestic Air (Could be Prince or King)

Poetic Flight (could be Poe)

Up and at 'em (could be Adam)

Or more simple names like

Sable

Dreamer

Turbo

Are you leaning toward big fancy names like...

Legend Air

Majestic Air (Could be Prince or King)

Poetic Flight (could be Poe)

Up and at 'em (could be Adam)

Or more simple names like

Sable

Dreamer

Turbo

A horses name should come from you. Having someone else pick the name for you takes away the personal side between horse and owner.

Watch him for a couple of days.

How does he act? Look? Feel? Touch? and even smell? Is he attentive? Or lazy? Is he smmoth in gallop? Or rough like a dirt road?

I've known people to name their horses a variety different names from "Pot-hole" to "Cloud-9"....

If he's so comfortable to ride, then give him a name that reflects that.... like, "Barcalounger" or "Recliner"

Don't let anyone else pick his name for you.

This is just my opinion. You got alot of names to choose from now... [Mad] So I guess you can just pick one from a hat then.

JD

A horses name should come from you. Having someone else pick the name for you takes away the personal side between horse and owner.

Watch him for a couple of days.

How does he act? Look? Feel? Touch? and even smell? Is he attentive? Or lazy? Is he smmoth in gallop? Or rough like a dirt road?

I've known people to name their horses a variety different names from "Pot-hole" to "Cloud-9"....

If he's so comfortable to ride, then give him a name that reflects that.... like, "Barcalounger" or "Recliner"

Don't let anyone else pick his name for you.

This is just my opinion. You got alot of names to choose from now... [Mad] So I guess you can just pick one from a hat then.

JD

ok so ya my horse ahd the same problem and I had the task of fixing his name soo ya I KNWO HOW YOU FEEL

ODDYSEUS(ODYS for short)

alabaster

skyline

o-zone

lancellot

and ya cant think of anymore right at this point soo heres a dancing banana [Yay]

ok so ya my horse ahd the same problem and I had the task of fixing his name soo ya I KNWO HOW YOU FEEL

ODDYSEUS(ODYS for short)

alabaster

skyline

o-zone

lancellot

and ya cant think of anymore right at this point soo heres a dancing banana [Yay]

JD- sometimes people like to see what names other people come up with, and see if one of them "fits" the horse. And honestly a show name isn't a personal connection to anything but a horse's showing prowess (or lack of if you're like me...)

By the way, I don't think you should change his barn name, particularly if he responds to it.

I tend to like names derived from songs-- ie, for show names I've considered All That Jazz and Mr. Cellophane (both songs from Chicago), Yellow Submarine, etc.

Just choose something you like. [Cool]

JD- sometimes people like to see what names other people come up with, and see if one of them "fits" the horse. And honestly a show name isn't a personal connection to anything but a horse's showing prowess (or lack of if you're like me...)

By the way, I don't think you should change his barn name, particularly if he responds to it.

I tend to like names derived from songs-- ie, for show names I've considered All That Jazz and Mr. Cellophane (both songs from Chicago), Yellow Submarine, etc.

Just choose something you like. [Cool]

When I saw that pic of him the name Orian popped in my head.

How about "Orian Super Cruise"

or "Orian Star Gazer"

Sorry, those kinda suck, but I'm having an "off" day. [Duh]

When I saw that pic of him the name Orian popped in my head.

How about "Orian Super Cruise"

or "Orian Star Gazer"

Sorry, those kinda suck, but I'm having an "off" day. [Duh]