Sign in to follow this  
defy

Zomg look at what I made....

I've been listening to the song 'Wishes' by SuperChic[K] over and over and over again, and I kept thinking how it would make a great video for Juliet. I've already been planning to make a video of her, to the song 'Wonder of it All' (by a band called Monday Morning) but I havn't actually filmed anything yet. So, I figured that I'd make one of those niffty picture videos. After struggling for a couple minutes to convert Wishes into the right file, I got to work.

This was SO much fun. I used 40+ some odd pictures, I think, all about Juliet. I'm SSOO proud of this.

Ok, now for a little explination.

Juliet, when I got her, was, although not physically ever abused, was severally emotionally messed up. It was pretty pitiful. Her old owner's only reason for getting rid of her was because he didn't want her anymore, and I purchased her basically as 'an old farm nag' (she was only 13 at the time) for 1,000 dollars. She was my first horse.

We did not get along at first, at ALL. For the first two months, I'd come back from the barn crying. Everything I'd been taught with horses was not working on this mare that I saw as mean, evil spirited, and defiant.

I didn't really see what she was. It wasn't until later that I saw her as an incredibly high-spirited, defiant mare, who had HUGE emotional baggage and absolutely HATED the human specis. I saw later that MAN (first in the form of the working cattle ranch where she was born, than in the form of her previous owner before myself) used force (she was commonly hit into doing what she didn't want with a 2x4, which is not considered animal abuse if it is used 'in a training method') to make her do things she didn't want to do. She had a grudge.

Enter natural horsemanship. When I got Juliet, I couldn't get her to turn, stop, back up, walk, canter (she'd only trot and gallop) or control her outside an arena WITH a bit. Now, with only a hackmore and, at times, one rein, I can ride her all over the place, at any speed, mostly BAREBACK (all the riding pictures you will see in this video are bareback)

But she has not been willing to lose her emotional scars. While she has undergone a huge healing process, she has never given up what man did to her. She has never said 'good-bye' to those painful memories.

She still though, maybe, if she was better, she could redeem herself. She could get back the dignity, the spirit, the curiosity and playfulness that man all but, in a sense, hated out of her.

Only until recently has she started to say good-bye. Only recently has she started to rebuild herself, by herself, with a little help but me. I am seeing a new horse in her, a curious, prideful, wild, beautiful mare that is the most willing horse I have ever been around.

I wish that I could stop this wishing and just say my last good-bye...

(For those of you who still don't get it, the 'I' in the song is Juliet, and the 'you' is her memories, m'kay?)

Tell me what you guys think!!!! Oh, and make sure you full view it!!! And, turn on/up your speakers.

[ 07-05-2006, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: The-Only-One ]

I've been listening to the song 'Wishes' by SuperChic[K] over and over and over again, and I kept thinking how it would make a great video for Juliet. I've already been planning to make a video of her, to the song 'Wonder of it All' (by a band called Monday Morning) but I havn't actually filmed anything yet. So, I figured that I'd make one of those niffty picture videos. After struggling for a couple minutes to convert Wishes into the right file, I got to work.

This was SO much fun. I used 40+ some odd pictures, I think, all about Juliet. I'm SSOO proud of this.

Ok, now for a little explination.

Juliet, when I got her, was, although not physically ever abused, was severally emotionally messed up. It was pretty pitiful. Her old owner's only reason for getting rid of her was because he didn't want her anymore, and I purchased her basically as 'an old farm nag' (she was only 13 at the time) for 1,000 dollars. She was my first horse.

We did not get along at first, at ALL. For the first two months, I'd come back from the barn crying. Everything I'd been taught with horses was not working on this mare that I saw as mean, evil spirited, and defiant.

I didn't really see what she was. It wasn't until later that I saw her as an incredibly high-spirited, defiant mare, who had HUGE emotional baggage and absolutely HATED the human specis. I saw later that MAN (first in the form of the working cattle ranch where she was born, than in the form of her previous owner before myself) used force (she was commonly hit into doing what she didn't want with a 2x4, which is not considered animal abuse if it is used 'in a training method') to make her do things she didn't want to do. She had a grudge.

Enter natural horsemanship. When I got Juliet, I couldn't get her to turn, stop, back up, walk, canter (she'd only trot and gallop) or control her outside an arena WITH a bit. Now, with only a hackmore and, at times, one rein, I can ride her all over the place, at any speed, mostly BAREBACK (all the riding pictures you will see in this video are bareback)

But she has not been willing to lose her emotional scars. While she has undergone a huge healing process, she has never given up what man did to her. She has never said 'good-bye' to those painful memories.

She still though, maybe, if she was better, she could redeem herself. She could get back the dignity, the spirit, the curiosity and playfulness that man all but, in a sense, hated out of her.

Only until recently has she started to say good-bye. Only recently has she started to rebuild herself, by herself, with a little help but me. I am seeing a new horse in her, a curious, prideful, wild, beautiful mare that is the most willing horse I have ever been around.

I wish that I could stop this wishing and just say my last good-bye...

(For those of you who still don't get it, the 'I' in the song is Juliet, and the 'you' is her memories, m'kay?)

Tell me what you guys think!!!! Oh, and make sure you full view it!!! And, turn on/up your speakers.

[ 07-05-2006, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: The-Only-One ]

Thank you [big Grin] Everyone always says she's 'cute' so it's nice to have someone call her pretty like I think she is!

Thank you [big Grin] Everyone always says she's 'cute' so it's nice to have someone call her pretty like I think she is!