Sign in to follow this  
horsey_dezray

Missouri Ice Storm

Just wanted to start a note for those who are in Mo-heard on the news tonite said that Springfield was hit extremely hard with ice. They also have said that the Lake of the Ozarks is really, really bad.

So let's get this thread going and I'll be with you all as long as we don't get alot more ice in the North East part of the state.

Sorry you got hit so bad. I am in Fort Worth, Tx and we are suppose to have rain(that happen Friday) freezing rain and sleet(just a little so far). At first the weather people were predicting 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches of ice, now it is maybe a 1/4 inch of ice. We just had some heavy rain, but the temp has been at 32 or just a little below since yesterday. The trees and grass look like they are covered in ice. The roads are still ok but some of the bridges and over passes are freezing. One of our major channel news just said that the worst will be north of the Red River and west of Ft. Worth.

We still have another wave of freezing rain coming tonight till in about 6am Mon. Plus the wind has pick up some and that could be a problem.

Have a GREAT weekend and hope you can stay warm and dry.

I first want to send prayers to those without power, We were in that predicament in 02 when West Central MO got hit hard. 107 hours without heat or electricity. We made it though.

Here we got a ton of sleet, some ice and a bit of snow, once it melted a bit today and refroze made it horrible. My husband fell off the backsteps even with de icing on it Sun and luckily no broken bones, then I do the same on the same steps yesterday.

The rural roads are a mess but the main roads have been really good.

It is an ice rink here but no power outages.

My one brother and his family live in Worden IL and they lost power for three days but is now back on.

Here are a couple of pics

-

-

[ 01-17-2007, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: WildHorseSpirit ]

Yah, We were right in the middle of it. We're still without power. We're using a generator, which there was a pretty mad rush for generators after the storm. But we got one. (I guess that's pretty obvious since I'm typing this)

We never lost power-so we were lucky here.

Yes, that refreezing situation is definately a bust. My arena is a skating rink, and walking down to the barn, must be done gingerly. Every step I take, I do very carefully so as not to fall.

Now they're talking about more snow this weekend-hopefully no ice-but I see southern part of the state may get more of that. Bummer.

We never lost power-so we were lucky here.

Yes, that refreezing situation is definately a bust. My arena is a skating rink, and walking down to the barn, must be done gingerly. Every step I take, I do very carefully so as not to fall.

Now they're talking about more snow this weekend-hopefully no ice-but I see southern part of the state may get more of that. Bummer.

First we got 3 inches of ice.we had that this entire last week.Only melted a tiny bit and refroze with the cold.Never got above freezing this last week.

I needed ice skates bad.Did not fall once and fed twice a day,hayed and brought up firewood.Now we have 3 inches of snow on top of that ice base.At least now I have traction.

The state of Oklahoma has been declared a disaster.

Many are still with out power at this time.

Tuckaway, my grandfather wore ice skates to get

out to his cattle in the 1930's in icey conditions like you describe. He had to get

cattle up that had fallen. I'm looking forward

to the thaw this week, but someone said we

may be in for more snow.