Sign in to follow this  
shakinbakin21

helmets

i have never used a helmet before (sorry [Embarrassed] ) and the new 4h rules now say all speed eventers must now ride with a helmets... i know nothing about them.. is there better kinds then others... are they all so big and bulky or do they make less bulky ones...i have a spririt troxel and it seems really bulky to me... [Confused]

i need help.... [surrender]

I've rarely ridden without a helmet, so I'm hardly aware I'm wearing one. The other day, in

fact, I had been riding for about 20 minutes before I realized I wasn't wearing one. There isn't any weight to them. The only thing I don't

like about a helmet is what it does to my hair when the weather turns warm.

I have the helmet shown in Crazy Equestrian's post. It's light, adjustable and comfortable. And the price is pretty good too. Since I ride alone most of the time I feel like I should minimize my chance of injury as much as possible. Wearing a helmet is an easy way to do that.

Wow, I haven't been on HC in FOREVER, so Hi.

Helmets, I ALWAYS wear one. I personally don't like Troxels, but that's just me. I have an International. I have troxels too, but I just prefer my International.

quote:

Wow, I haven't been on HC in FOREVER, so Hi.

Helmets, I ALWAYS wear one. I personally don't like Troxels, but that's just me. I have an International. I have troxels too, but I just prefer my International

i agree!

I have an international riding helmet. you see i am in POny club we we are only aloud to have ASTMSEI Approved helmet. you should get an approved helmet. you no that u have one when in side the helmet say "SEI". that what i recomend!

UMMM. . . off and on helmet user. . . i've got a run of the mill troxel. . . It's saved my noggin a time or two, so I think I'll keep it. . .

Hey. . . Triforce Link!!! Glad to see Zelda fans on the boards! [big Grin]

I beleive in wearing one 24/7 I used to not wear one until I jsut started my jumper lessons and it makes you wear one so now I will wear mine 24/7 while on a horse! Good luck I have a white troxel

quote:

Originally posted by Triforce Link:

not alot of posts here huh
[Confused]

Probably because this is the "hurricane/disaster info" board, LOL

If you want more replies/information on helmets, it might help to move this to a different board with a more general topic. [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by PaintHorseKate81:

UMMM. . . off and on helmet user. . . i've got a run of the mill troxel. . . It's saved my noggin a time or two, so I think I'll keep it. . .

Hey. . . Triforce Link!!! Glad to see Zelda fans on the boards!
[big Grin]

thanks! lol! [big Grin]

i have an international for showinf and a troxel for schooling. i like both of them and neither are that bulky, both are comfortable.i always ride in a helmet so i don't notice it. i find that if i forget to grab it i realize before i get on or somebody else at the barn does because everyone waers one.