Sign in to follow this  
horsey_dezray

2007 Midwest Ice Storm

Please keep Missouri in your prayers today, as we continue to have a terrible icestorm. Pray that all our horseman/horsewomen, and their trusty steeds will come out of this safely.

The Ice Storm warning continues through 6 pm today, and some places have been icing since yesterday early afternoon. I'm NW of St. Louis, about 1 hour, and we've already got at least 1/2 inch of the junk-North of me is worse. It's hovering between 29 and 31 degrees steady-even had a ridiculous thunderstorm in the midst of it last night. OHHH, the lights blinked...gotta go.

In our area we still have power, but I suspect by sundown tonight we won't. And the animals are safely tucked into the barn-and I won't take the chance of walking a horse out. In preparation, I even moved the 70 gallon water tank into the aisleway-for extra water incase I can't use my well-got horses, dogs, ducks, and chickens to water.

Time to get moving-gonna get ready to go out and feed the critters, and will sit down and slide down to the barn....I think it's going to be a long way down...90 feet to be exact...and it's a 9 foot grade down from house to barn. Should be interesting...

So, please keep us in your prayers...snow is bad but ice is treacherous.

HD [Angel]

[ 12-09-2007, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: horsey_dezray ]

So far, the ice has been really bad, Columbia and North to Bowling Green-3/4 of an inch -lots of power outages.

Today, round 2 is coming, and they say it will reach from the Ozarks--yes, Osage Beach up to Pike County-Bowling Green, MO.

Here's to hoping everyone continues to weather the storm...sounds like a battefield outside-every time the wind stirs. Trees popping and cracking-losing big branches to mother nature's wrath.

Hope we continue to have power today...

We still have our power, but we have lost all of our beautiful trees. It's going to be sad, these trees have survived for so many years through Tornado Season and last years ice storm. [Me Cry]

quote:

Originally posted by horsey_dezray:

Today, round 2 is coming, and they say it will reach from the zarks--yes, Osage Beach up to Pike County-Bowling Green, MO.

Eek not good. Last year they had a terrible snow/ice storm. Millions of dollars worth of boats and buildings were damanged. Our dock and boat were ok, but the dock next to it was sunk. We put up boat in storage this year just to be safe.

I hope everything is ok down there.

quote:

Originally posted by ++S.O. TURN 3++:

My grandma is in Champaign, IL and she said it's pretty icy there too, been sleeting all day.

[Angel][Angel]

Prayers to everyone who is getting affected by the storm!

It's ok here. I'm 45 minutes north of Champaign. My cousins at UofI said it's not bad.

Thanks Paws... that eases my mind! hehe.

I'm glad it isn't icy over here, my whole place is FILLED with water puddles. I'll post a pic as to what I mean when I go feed here in a minute. lol..

My prayers go out to everyone in the line of "fire"!

[Angel]

Day Two: No power. Have yet to lose any WHOLE trees ... but these are SURE getting torn up, lost about 1/3 of their limbs. Some falling on fences. Recently repaired rotator cuff not tough enough to play in the brush yet, but plenty of time to clean up and my son's been coming to do damage control. Bless him.

Fortunately, cell phone working. BIG *** 4WD truck walking over the top of limbage and downed power lines on driveway repaired this morning, so I'm mobile.

Kerosene heater keeping the travel trailer I'm hunkered down in roasty toasty, SO warm that I slept with the bedroom window open last night. It was 27 overnight.

LOL ... I charge this laptop at Physical Therapy so there's this. The battery is half dead so I'm about to retire to reading Larry McMurtry's "Loop Group" by the flash light resting on my shoulder. Candle light is cool, but **** to read by.

Dogs keep growling at the ice sounds outside, the guttering flame sounds coming from the kerosene heater and flickering shadows that dance across the walls and ceiling.

Just please pray for a melt of ice before we get anymore and for the winds to stay layed.

My poor, brave Louisiana bred horse is getting quite a baptism into his first winter. The trees sound like rifle shots when they break and the ice sounds like a dump truck of glass being dropped into a stone canyon. He's been more relaxed in his life, this horse, but he's not stress coliced yet. [Angel]

He's drinking Culligan water hauled in by the gallon from Wally World.

There's my report from the ice at beautiful Quarterflash Farm, located in East Central Missouri.

SO glad I'm not in Louisiana where it's warm.

[surrender]

[ 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: quarterflash ]