Sign in to follow this  
ExtraHannah

I just have to say

[Not Worthy]

As a side note to you, I've recently 'discovered' James Lee Burke.

"Jesus Out to Sea" and "The Tin Roof Blowdown" deal with post Katrina stuff and Louisiana in general.

He's right there with Larry McMurtry in character development.

quote:

Originally posted by quarterflash:

[Not Worthy]

As a side note to you, I've recently 'discovered' James Lee Burke.

"Jesus Out to Sea" and "The Tin Roof Blowdown" deal with post Katrina stuff and Louisiana in general.

He's right there with Larry McMurtry in character development.

I love James Lee Burke, I believe I've read pretty much everything he's done -- that is when it's available at the library. Go back and read his older stuff too, it's awesome!

Why am I not surprised that he's on your favorite list too? [Huggy]

I just actually got an email from his camp saying Miss Pamela Burke has all his works sequentially posted on their website. Going out in the 6 inch snow to the library to order some up today!!

The Sunset Limited ran through Vinton, LA, where I lived in West Louisiana. (Also the home of the honky tonk where Gin Fizz Kitty from Texas City sang.)

Before I knew its name, I wanted to write about it. Something ... eerily beautiful about the way it rocked through. Like it feared if it slowed up some of us lost souls would climb aboard and be granted eternal access to the sunset it raced toward.

www.jamesleeburke.com

P.S. ~ Don't just the very titles smell like Bougainvillia and night blooming roses? [big Grin]

Very cool! Thanks so much for sharing that guys. I am always looking for good authors and new books to read! I can't wait to try out some of those! [big Grin]

And the guy's name is Burke? The same name as my awesome little dog. [big Grin] He