Sign in to follow this  
jumpin_horses

Michigan blizzard - YEE HAA!!!

I kind of had some fun in my truck last night [big Grin]

all you could hear around my house last night was the distant sound of snowmobiles, snowblowers, chain saws, and plows

all the kids have the day off school.. what a great day to go sledding.

sure is beautiful

but kind of a pain too, when you have shovel 4+ foot snow drifts off your barn door.

I hope everybody is okay [Angel]

[ 02-07-2008, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: jumpin_horses ]

Good thign the sun is out, ,My husband is cleaning up our drive, just waiting for the snowplows to come we live in the boondocks..we are snowed in. My daughter is out riding her horse out inthe hayfield taking pics.

Ann Wheeler.

Could you post the pics please? I was watching the Weather Channel last night and they kept showing Wisconsin and how hard the snow was coming down.

Here in TX we do good to even get snow, much less that much.

Have a GREAT week.

you snow lovers are crazy! it is pretty to ride in but to actually get out to the barn and do so...i am so ready for spring so i can get to know my 2 new horses better!

it was really messy here. the night before the storm we had severe thunderstorms. lightning hit one of the college dorms and blew a transformer. then it rained like crazy. the day of the storm it started as rain, then heavy sleet then super heavy snow. just a huge mess!

I've had a very sick horse. I couldn't make it out to give him his meds last night. The BO tried but he wouldn't eat it ffrom her.

Tonight I did make it but the drive was HORRID!!! holysmokes!

I took a different route on the way back home. phew, I'm just glad I made it home again!

here are a couple of pics from yesterday my daughter took while riding..

-

My dauhgter ridingher horse

the snow is deep in some places up under his belly chest

-

COOL PIC! yep thats how high it is just north of Lansing too.

My TB filly was out playing in it. I swear she is a kook...

my little mini donkey is up to his neck+ in some places, he hasnt left the barn much lately..

quote:

Originally posted by sweetvelocity:

I hope your horse gets well soon Barklays
[Wink]

Thanks Sweetvolicity!

He still not eating like he should. Medicine is done today.

So he should be on the mend!

Ann, that's a lot of snow!!!! holy cow!!!

also the artic cold , winds with windhills -16...

gettign tired ofthe ice cold as well.

I want tohire global warming to kill our winter....

last Sunday night -33 was reported (with windchill) not fit for man nor beast..

I thought my neighbor's poor doggie was dead. he was out with no shelter and wasnt moving for a couple of hours, he finally got up and was hollowing.... I saw them go out and do something with him.. I swear, one more time and Im calling AC on these people.

Even my horses were IN and all heavy blanketed, (double blanketed the baby) warm water, etc.... barn cats were tucked in koozy warm in a hay bed I made for them. they were all curled up in a big kitty pile, I stuck my hand in there to check on them and it was about 350 degrees in there.. [big Grin] ahhh! nothing as warm as a pile of sleeping kitties in a hay bed.

UMMMMMMM... RAIN!..... SNOW!...... ICE!.... RAIN!..... SNOW!..... ICE!... OH, WAIT! 50mph wind gusts TOO!............ OH, AND FLOODING! [bang Head][bang Head][bang Head]

[ 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: jumpin_horses ]

and more coming in monday...oh joy...

Ilike my winter, but this is draggin on to long usually by now at this time things do start to warm and thaw...

I beldive winter is going out like a lion ,hate to think what spring will be like, rain rain floods...mud mud....

The snow is not so fun when it starts melting! We had a major barn flood the other day when (thanks to Michigan weather) the temperature turned about 40-45 degrees F. Then the very next day, the temperature dropped and all the water turned to ice! [bang Head] The horses couldn't be turned out that day because of how icy it was. We were afraid one of them might break something if they fell on the ice.

I predict that we will have an early spring with lots of storms. Trust me I am good at this. I have seen some skunks out and they usually stay asleep a little longer. I am guessing they know it befor we do.

I'm planting my tomatoes and onions right now (March 1st) Don't know how you all can take thoses northern winters and spring. Bless YOU!

Way to cold for me.... [Not Worthy]

~MH

Got more winter storms coming in next weekend plus colder weather again, yep more ice from the freezing....

means late late spring planting..if spring even arrives before summer....which has happend before...

We have been ready for warm weather since christmas.....