Sign in to follow this  
Stars_Morab

More tornado's in MN

We had 2 confirmed tornados yesterday...

and at least 1 confirmed touchdown a few moments ago. This with all the flooding lately has been crazy!

~stars

I would have thought that with summer in full swing, that the severe weather would be easing off by now. Of course I know you can get some severe, flooding storms in the summer. About 2 or 3 years ago, had a bad storm hit just west of downtown Fort Worth. The zoo got the worst of it, with the parking lot completely flooded and I mean cars under water. The way the parking lot is has a huge wooded hill in the back of it and the water run off just came down that hill into the parking lot and cars were destroyed. People were trapped in the zoo on high ground but had no way home till someone could come and get them. I do not think the zoo provided tranportation home. I would have to find the article to see. That was a situation where rain just poured in one area for about 2 hours.

Hope you get some decent weather soon.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Saw on the news this morning of one of the tornadoes that hit MN. It looked scary, I know they said it did some damage to about 3 houses I think, maybe more, do not remember all of the details.

Have a GREAT week.

quote:

Originally posted by I luv Chip:

what part of Mn got hit?

Not sure if this is the storm the OP is talking about..but on Friday there was a squaw line that stretched from Detroit Lakes all the way up past Thief River Falls and was moving NE. I believe there were 7 tornadoes during the course of that storm.

Luckily it died down quite a bit before it reached us.

Just in the past month we have had 7 tornados that have come close to our place. This is not tornado alley my husband assures me. [big Grin] Has me wondering some days.

If you guys remember correctly this year has been similar to 04'. The cooler spring/summer (so far) wet, stormy conditions.

I don't know but I am thinking Ohio is sounding better everyday. [Wink]