Sign in to follow this  
Valknisley

Hello from sunny California

Howdy, all! I'm from the low desert, near Palm Springs, also HOT HERE lately! My first horse is Sundancer, a 2 year old quarter horse gelding, from a PMU rescue group. I'm SLOWLY training him. I've had him 2 months. I try to work with him in the morning as yesterday it was 109 degrees here WITH HUMIDITY (thunderstorms)!

Anyway, I wanted to say "HI" to the other newbies and everyone on the board.

I'm sure I'll need your help and advice!

Sundancer's Mom (Cheryl Ann) [smiley Wavey]

OHH cool another from my area! I am in Yucca Valley. I have one Tb mare and we love to hit the trails! [big Grin] Welcome to HC! [Wink]

Guest cowpony01

Hey all you Californians!!!

There seems to be quite a few of us on this board, even up north, I'm more central, in the sierra nevada foothills. We need to all meet half way somewhere and go for a week or few days campout. Let's keep in touch, check out my site to see where we could go if we meet central!!!!! [big Grin][Wink]

Hey i was just up there last week (the seirra nevada's). It was gorgues. Big Ditto to meetin up somewhere. I Love trails and so does my mare! [big Grin]

I'm down on the southern end of Cali. in San Diego. I'm actually in Lakeside, but I'm military and work down at the 32nd street base, so I just say San Diego. I may be in for a group campout later on in the year, after my colt gets weaned.

I'm new to the forum as well, been on for only a week now and I think I have found a new addiction. Although I am not sure I can call it a new addiction or if it is just another arm (or maybe I can only say leg) to the ole horse addiction.

I am one of those little girls that always loved horses growing up.... wore out an audiobook cassette of The Black Stallion... tied "riens" to my bicycle... had the breyers EVERYWHERE in the house... [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes] And did everything I could to be around them.

But I only got my own horse three years ago now. I'm not sure how I made it this long without lossing it [Crazy][Crazy] but am glad I did.

I have my 8 year old Quarter horse mare and now her 3 month old colt. He is an [Angel] , but I did say three months old and I guess that equals the terrible twos, because the hollow is not hiding the horns so well now.

Well thats the end of that short novel. I hope everyone has a great (and not too hot) weekend.

quote:

Originally posted by Libby Jean:

I'm down on the southern end of Cali. in San Diego.

Hey! You are kinda close to me. I live in Orange County. [big Grin]

I've only been up there once so far. Been through a couple of times of course. We are pretty close though. How is the weather for you guys?

I had to laugh that I ran into someone that boards her young mare at the same place that I do. Niether of us had mentioned it there.

Yeah

I grew up in Wyoming and this heat/humidity kills me. [surrender]

I was out on the east coast in Charleston SC for a year and a half for schooling and got so sick that our medical tried new drugs on me every week and I had to return(on orders of the command CO) each following week for another try.

I may have to be a reverse snow bird as soon as I get out of the Navy and have control over my residency area. [Wink]

I'm thinking AZ mountains in summer and back out here for winter.

[big Grin][big Grin] Hey all!!

My wife and i live in a place called Lake Los Angeles..( Near Pearblossom, Lancaster, and Palmdale )Our trial club is having a camp and ride week at Montana De Oro from Aug 31 to Sept 5th. That is over the Labor Day weekend, plus one day. If anyone would like to join in we have a couple of spots still open. $65.00 for the whole week, and camp and ride. We will be able to ride on the beach, up the foothills, and camp next to our babies. If you want more info P.M. me, and I will give you more. You will need to provide the feed, camping stuff, and trailer up to the site. There are corrals at the camp, but we will be doubling up on those, so your animal must tolerate other horses, or tie out on or in trailer.