Mudder

How To Post Pictures

First you must have your pictures uploaded to a HC photo gallery (photo link is at top of page and it's free) or to some other picture hosting place such as www.photobucket.com (which is also free).

Once your pics are uploaded, open your browser again either in another tab or window. So one tab/window will be here where you are making your post, the other tab/window will be at your photo album. In photobucket at the very bottom under each picture is a link beginning with ] (no space tho between the g and the). Copy that link and paste it into your post here where you want your picture to be. You can post up to 8 pictures/smilies in each post.

How to resize a pic in Photobucket if your pic is really big.

Above each pic in your photobucket album is the word edit. Click on that. When the new page comes up with the pic in it, above the pic it says resize. Click on that. Above the picture it says new size, and it gives you the size of your picture. Now you can lower that first number to whatever you want, and the second number will automatically be adjusted for you. Or look below where it says new size, and you will see where it says Preset size. You can choose the tiny (120x75) for avatar size, the small (160x120) for pics in your siggy, or the medium size (320x 240) for a nice sized pic for your post. Whatever size you choose, when you are done resizing it, always save a copy of it, rather than replace original. That way if you don't like it, you can delete the resized one, and try again with the original sized one.

If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact any moderator. We are always happy to help where we can.

234212.jpg

This pic of Brute is 640x480

DSCF0681-1.jpg

This pic is 320x240

DSCF0681-2.jpg

This pic is 160x120.

DSCF0681-3.jpg

Can we please keep this bumped for all our new members. Thanks.

<small>[ 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Mudder ]</small>

Edited by Mudder

Debi, photobucket is by far the easier of the two to use. Once you do it the first time, you'll smack yourself in the head and wonder why you thought it would be so hard. [Wink][Wink] If you need any help just holler at me, I'll help you out with it. [big Grin]

Mudder, I got it! Check out my thread on lunch w/JB. While I don't have any pics in there yet of her and the boys, I did post a pic of my horse just to see if I was doing it right. But, thanks for the offer. I think now I just need to learn how to resize since the picture seemed a bit big.

ETA: Can I still holler at you? Did you do something wrong? [Wink]

[ 07-16-2007, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Debi Z ]

Absolutely Debi you can holler at me any time for whatever kind of help you may need. If I can't help you, I'll find someone who can. [Huggy] I'll have to play around with the resizing thing to remember how to do it, as I haven't done it in forever. When I get it figured out, I'll add it to the beginning post I made.

You did it!!!! [Yay][Yay] See it wasn't so bad now was it? [Huggy]

Ok, I have a question. (And this will bump this back up to the top) I know you need permission to post pics of other people's horses, but if you have permission, how do you go about showing it? I have a pic I'd love to post of Misty and one of the BO's horses together. They look almost identical, and she doesn't care if I post it.

Debi if you took the picture, you can post it. Doesn't matter whose horses are in the picture. [big Grin]