Sign in to follow this  
Zeusyboy

MODS!!!.... Question For Yah

Due to the recent happinin's of pictures being taken off here, And other people refusing to post pics, I have an Idea, or a question none the less.

Some sites, like Piczo for example, You can do a right click protection. Saves people from copying or saving the picture to their computer. Is there a way of doing it on this site?

The only reason I posted this here is cause pictures were taken off this board, and well, I think majority of the mare owners would agree with me that some sort of right click protection would be a good idea.. [Confused]

Just a thought

I don't think UBB code allows for that, but I'm not a mod. I know I've experimented with that, having pics on picturetrail that are right-click protected. You can't right click them from there, but the second you put the url anywhere else it can be copied.

Really, the answer is if you don't want that to happen, don't put stuff on the internet. Not to mention that right click protection is pretty easy to work around anyway by viewing source code.

The only way to prevent picture theft (by clicking and copying) would be by putting them in a flash slideshow format, but someone could still screenshot the photos and crop them.

Basically if the photos are on the net, they can be stolen. I am sure the thiefs would be a lot less likely to steal pics that had those annoying copyright watermarks across them.

Hope that answers some questions. [Frown]

We've looked into it before and it's just not doable. Why? Basically for the reasons stated above.... if there is a will there is a way and no amount of restrictive coding can stop it.

It's just a fact of life for people who post on the internet. And all the more reason to be responsible for what you put out there for the public to see.

I wish there was more we could do.

Char