Sign in to follow this  
BRTrainer

Billy Cook barrel saddles?

I've had a few Billy Cooks over the years. Never had any problems with them. They have fit some horses better than others. I have no complaints and would ride in one without hesitation.

I actually have one that is about 15 years old, one of the first square skirts available, and I love it. I break all of our colts in it and it's really held up over the years and really taken some abuse.

I love my Billy Cook! I've had it for 7 or 8 years and it is still great. It may just be my saddle, but it doesn't fit my wider horses. It fit my gelding fine, and it fits my mare fine because they are narrower built but my older barrel gelding is thick and stocky and it doesn't fit him just right.

i LOVE mine... i have had mine for about 3 years it's super comfy...! it's actually riding around in my car right now back and forth to lessons lol

I love my Billy Cooks. My trainers use them and said they last for years, I have had one for two years and the other for almost a year. I think they ride great, they fit the two horses I have. However make sure you get the SULPHUR, OK Billy Cook, it is the original. Greenville, Texas Cooks are NOT.

There is nothing wrong with the Texas Billy Cooks. I've owned both, and I can honestly say that the Texas BC has held up much, much better and is a lot more comfortable.

I ride in a Billy Cook saddle. I love it. I have a Courts saddle to and don't like it at all. When I bought the Court's all I heard was how great they are. I feel like it throws me forward so I guess it's up to the individual but I would say "go for it" on the Billy Cook. Good luck!

quote:

Originally posted by Pep's_Gone_Wild09:

I love my Billy Cook saddle! It fits any horse I put it on and it stays in good shape.
[Wink]

thats how I feel about mine also. I won it in 01 and never had any problems. [big Grin]

I love mine. Only had one problem with it. Finals 2005 it started making a strange noise, checked under the finder and the rawhide had come undone and the tree was seperated on one side. We contact Billy Cook, shipped it off and they fixed it right up for no cost! (and yes its from Sulpher) [big Grin]

Ok, you said to only get one that is from Sulphur...I looked up the ones from Sulphur OK., and the one I want is in fact made from there. [big Grin] Thanks guys.

[ 01-10-2007, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: BRTrainer ]