Sign in to follow this  
xHdAuLsEtYyx

pedigree&confo critique

Is he a vicious man eating horse???Why the chain?

Aside from that taking away from the pic, I think his neck ties in weird, but other than that he looks alright

ETA - I'm no TB guru, so I'll leave the pedigree to everyone else, but I do see Native Dancer a ways back there, and I've always been a fan of those lines

[ 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Salina ]

quote:

Originally posted by Salina:

Aside from that taking away from the pic, I think his neck ties in weird, but other than that he looks alright

ETA - I'm no TB guru, so I'll leave the pedigree to everyone else, but I do see Native Dancer a ways back there, and I've always been a fan of those lines

I'm not sure what's with the chain, I have seen alot of people handle race horses like that. I'm not worried about the chain though, just the horse. ahaha.

quote:

Salina

Member # 3978 posted 03-20-2007 05:05 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with Salina on this one why the chain?.. Is there a major problem with this horse or are the people just scared of him? Personaly I think it is a little much and I wouldn't want to buy a horse from an abused home because they are more likely to have problems especially with trusting people. I also agree with his neck tieing in wierd and he has a really straight shoulder some times either making them really rough riding or not allowing them to turn a barrel as well as a round shouldered horse. I would get alot of background on this horse before you purchase just because of what I have seen in the pictures! Good Luck!

Some use those chains on everything. I have never seen it come across the face in that way but, whatever. If he is still on the track he is probably getting some pretty hot feed and maybe he needs it. I'm sure you could work with him and not have to use a chain.

I know nothing on TBs so, I won't even pretend to evaluate his bloodlines.

It does look like his neck ties in oddly but, is it really like that or is the handler pushing on him as the picture snapped?

quote:

Originally posted by spaderunner:

Some use those chains on everything. I have never seen it come across the face in that way but, whatever. If he is still on the track he is probably getting some pretty hot feed and maybe he needs it. I'm sure you could work with him and not have to use a chain.

I know nothing on TBs so, I won't even pretend to evaluate his bloodlines.

It does look like his neck ties in oddly but, is it really like that or is the handler pushing on him as the picture snapped?

That's kinda what I wondered about his neck, if he had his head level, it may not look as weird, and with more wieght on, it might not be as obvious...very true about the feed also. I just think it looks harsh..

I've never seen a chain put on quite that way.... I've seen lip chained stallions, but nothing that looked like that. Is he gelded?

I don't care for the way his neck ties in - too low. He looks a little "boxy" to me, maybe that is just the TB in him...

I'm with the other's, he looks..weird. He's got a very straight shoulder. Overall he's very well balanced, maybe needs just a bit more weight put on him. And the chain, what's with the chain? To have it wrapped around his face and what looks like its through his mouth instead of under his lip, would have me concerned. He looks like he's got a soft eye and I bet he doesn't need it, but if you really want to buy this horse I'd ask the owners about a small one-week trial or something to make sure about him.

I do agree with everybody about the neck,but i also think that it is looking really bad in the picture.IMO the horse could use some pounds and with the right work the musceling of his neck will come up.You can get an idea how he could look if you look at a picture of his father.The breeding is absolutely awesome in my eyes.I would love to have this bloodlines.How tall is he?

On the third Picture,is this a clippered Spot underneath the throat or just a shadow or something?

Haley, exactly what I said last night:

That chain bothers me a bit. I would see why they have it on him. Could be they just use it on every horse, OR, could be an underlying respect problem? Stud chains are usually used for a reason...

Like everyone else said, and I like I said last night.. The neck ties in a little weird. He also looks a bit un proportional, but, I think once you get more weight on, he may look right....

But also, a comment about his weight: He is just off the track. So, with that said, he is track-fit. If you get him, you shouldnt have any trouble putting on the pounds.

[ 03-21-2007, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: barrelracingchick16 ]

I really think it's his withers that are throwing everyone off about his "weird" neck...he looks nice overall, and pretty balanced, but what are you expecting to do with him? I would think he'd be a nice English prospect over anything really western-related, after all, that seems to be what most Thoroughbreds are used for, but I'm no expert, so I'll shut up now [big Grin] I think he's real pretty and if he's still sane and not too expensive, then he should be a nice buy...drill the ppl selling him though, try to find out as much about his temperment as possible so you're not surprised in the future and know what you're dealing with!

The others are right, his neck ties in too low. Besides that his shoulder is steep and his hip is seriously lacking. There's nothing there worth looking at far as i'm concerned.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Not a bad looking horse, but something about him just doesnt look right... his neck maybe, it almost looks kinda long. I would like to see more muscle though. As far as the chain goes, dont worry about. They use chains on most track horses. Like someone else stated, they are loaded with energy and the handlers need the extra control. It could also be a bit of disrespect, but if you cant take the time of fixing that problem, then you probally dont need an OTTB, LOL. Good luck with what ever you get. [big Grin] Also what are you wanting to use him for?