Sign in to follow this  
ashleyschihuahuas

Opinions on my cremello stud (pics)

Well thank you all for your comments, Thats why I posted here I knew there were so many helpful people. Its hard to judge your own horse sometimes lol! He is a grandson of Impressive, and is mostly foundation bred. I am going to get some good pics of him (its not easy!)He looks like a giant puffball right now so maybe I'll wait till he sheds out. I will also try and post his pedigree. Thanks again everyone. [big Grin] But for the one who said he was gross I understand we all have our own likes and dislikes but that was kinda mean [Me Cry]

Hey guys... not that I don't totally appreciate the sentiment...

But how 'bout we let that one slide so the OP can talk about her stud prospect.

I'm sure the retaliation comments are going to be tempting... but...

well, you know.

(just trying to defuse this a little [Confused] )

You're right mrs...sorry, just didn't think it was fair for a sub standard stallion owner to be bashing a future stallion owner so badly.

[ 03-23-2007, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: spaderunner ]

I say leave him a stud also. I think he still has some filling out to do, but in time with the right support, he will grow into himself. He has a powerful build and a well defined, carved head; not an arab head. Those are two different things.

I think it would do him great justice to repost some real, formal confo shots of him for people to see him at his best.

Keep him in check or else he will be great gelding material.

And his pedigree is.....?

I see nothing exceptional about his conformation but he's not bad. I reserve judgement on whether or not he's stud material after i see his pedigree. But because of my feelings on overbreeding, probably not going to say he deserves to keep his cajones. [Wink]

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

Originally posted by spaderunner:

quote:

Originally posted by theponyjockey:

quote:

Originally posted by spaderunner:

quote:

Originally posted by Michigan:

I can see the standards are not too high here. Not an ounce of stud material.

To each their own I guess.

-

People in glass houses should not throw rocks....

Please tell me that isn't a stud??

Why yes it is a stud. He is in Michigan's signature and that is the picture she uses for her stallion ad so, like I said......

Stop it right now...you and Michigan both. Anything else posted in this same vein will be deleted.

Skidmark

I would love to see him in the show ring for something! You'd really catch the judges eye the way he shimmers. The only problem is that it sometimes creates bad illusions of looks, confo, movement, etc. Also, look at that tail! Very nice! As to the breeding, I just won't say anything because I think I could judge horses for just about anything else, but due to lack of experience I won't post my opinion on breeding matters. People just don't breed that much around here, hard to get any experience, so I figure I'll keep my 2 cents to myself until I really learn these things at college. [Wink]

I too am not impressed with Cremellos. Sorry. I would probably keep him a stud, only because of his uniqueness, not too much confromation wise. Good luck with him.

Skid,they also need to go back and delete the posts they put up with the pictures.They are posting pictures they do not own.If they do not delete I will make sure administration knows of what they have done here.

I'm a little saddened by how many people are saying.... "Oh, I love him because of his color..." or "Oh, I hate him because of his color."

The proof is in the proof though. Your horse will need to prove his value in the show pen, ranch, or somewhere. Trail riding isn't enough IMO. Proving a horse in ANY area can take quite a bit of money. Even if he's the best horse to ever set hoof on the ground.

Also, since he's Impressive bred make sure he's tested HYPP N/N. If you do decide to breed him to outside mares keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there who won't touch a horse with Impressive in it, even if it's N/N.

[ 03-25-2007, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: mrs ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tuckaway:

Skid,they also need to go back and delete the posts they put up with the pictures.They are posting pictures they do not own.If they do not delete I will make sure administration knows of what they have done here.

Sorry, [surrender] I edited/deleted my posts.

Let's keep this nice ladies.

But I do agree with one thing... liking or not liking a horse because of his color is a bit ummmm ...... rediculous. Who is it that said something like "there is no bad color for a good horse". Sorry I probably slaughtered that quote but you know what I mean.

As far as the stud issue please remember what the OP said:

"I knew that some people would say that he would make a better gelding, but since he is our main prospect to use a stud were going to wait and see how he turns out. We dont breed unless we want the foal for ourselves that way we try to ensure the foal won't end up at an auction."

Char

Does he have a good mind? What about his bloodlines? Does he have to have that chain on his nose?

Instead of thinking about producing color people should be thinking about producing good confirmation before color. The color should be the kicker. Just breeding for color puts a lot of horses out in pastures as pasture pets because thats all they have for them is there color. If you decide to breed him make sure you are hand selecting the best of the best mares that when they are matched up there will be a baby that will have confirmation and bloodlines and color to boot, so that if that time comes that you have to sell it it will be marketable to others.

I really like him! He has a kind eye, strong legs, short back, and a beautiful head. IMO he is the type of horse I look for conformation wise. He's only 2 and already he looks on his way to being hardy. Good luck with him!

He has a great mind! Rides like a gelding! How can I post his ped? Also no he dosent need the chain that was the day I got him and I didnt know him at the time so it was just a precation. I love him to death and I understan that there are alot of people who breed only for color, I belive a good horse can come in any color! Sorrels are my fav!!! [big Grin] I dont know why, I guess the way they shine in the sun.

easiest way, IMO, to post his pedigree is to go into All Breeds Pedigree and make sure he's listed in there. If he isn't, you can create his record by getting out his papers and adding his sire and ****. Often, All Breeds already knows one or both of the parents but if it doesn't... just keep adding names until you get a complete pedigree.

Then copy the link and post it for us to see.

You could also post his registered name here. Some folks have access to AQHA and could look him up.

Just looking at his pedigree,I would geld him.I don't mean to sound mean,I am honestly not trying to be.If your going to breed a stallion,he needs to have an outstanding pedigree & conformation.I have a son of Designer Red "AQHA World Champion barrel horse/high money earner & a proven Driftwood mare who I am going to geld.Though this colt has an outstanding pedigree & his conformation is extreamly nice,I just don't want a stallion on my place.There are to many great ones to breed to anyway.Now if someone buys him,competes on him & stands him,great,but if I don't sell him by 2,well he looses his 2 little friends.

Your horse's conformation, IMHO isn't terrible,but if he were mine I'd geld him.

Based on his pedigree and conformation, i'd geld him if he were mine. So go prove this horse before he EVER looks at a mare and then decide.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

He could suprise you. He does have a decent percentage of Three Bars. Especially for a young horse.

His sire side is pretty decent. His dam side just doesn't have anything IMO. I went and tried to finish her line back to Impressive in All Breeds but I didn't get far.

Mmmmm. I'm with Bumper and mrs on this one. Get out there and work him and see what you can do with him.

Depending on what you in to, be it showing or just local fun shows, he would make a nice "local level" stud.

Another one of those titles that when I saw the replies, I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant.

Imagine how less the replies would be have been if the OP had stated him being a gelding. Half these people wouldn't have looked had it said "My Cremello Gelding"....maybe all my horses will be stallions from now on so I'll get the replies I'd like...

Anyways, off that note. I like him. Would not personally breed to him, but many others out there may very well. And like stated before, prove him. Make him that much better than all the "other cremellos" currently standing. [smiley Wavey]