Sign in to follow this  
paintmehappy

pegasus boots

okay--alot of you guys knew i bought these boots to try them out--due to the one size fits all & they supposedly keep the dirt out better then the others--

well, they fit both my large legged horse & small legged horse--but i do have to "play" with them to get them into the right spot to fit my small horses front legs.

AND BOY DOES THAT VELCRO STICK!!! they are not coming off by themselves anytime soon-i have to take my gloves off, & use both hands to get those off her.

as far as the dirt stying out--i have ran them at 3 different arenas with 3 different footing & grounds conditons wet & dry. and not a lick of dirt inthem yet. and 2 of the arenas were deep ground.

i do like that they are front & back same size--and they are easy to clean---i have the black & aqua trim--they are attractive looking on my horse also--so i've been told---that weird after a run-people come up to you & say they noticed my boots in your run & want to see them-LOL

so i give them a thumbs up---anybody else have them???

I am thinking of getting a set too...I like the colors but more importantly the fact that they fit different sized legs. I have a mare with pencil stick legs and my gelding is more bigger boned. I also like the fact that they keep the dirt out. So you aren't disappointed with them right? Where did you get yours? What did you pay?

Thanks!

yes i do like them--and i always use legacy boots!!

i got them at the expo in pa---and i cant reveal how much i paid for them- [Wink] -mscbiltio knows why-LOL

but i beleive they sold for 69 for a set of 2

i know that john lyons is now usuing them too--i was checking them out at his booth also-LOL

I just ordered myself a pair of new riding boots this morning so next will be boots for my horse. I am going to get a pair of the pegasus boots for sure, everywhere I see them they are $69.00. I'll have to ask Michelle what the deal is! lol.... [Wink]

[ 03-11-2008, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: pabarrelrcr ]

Hello i just bought some pegasus boots and they look awesome im hoping they work good for my upcoming barrel horse. They look like they have alot of support and will last a long time.

I gave these boots a shot, and found out that there's a reason why boots come in different sizes, and yet another reason why these boots haven't taken off in the horse world.

1. It is hard to get the same fit from these boots each time. The strap set up stretches and doesn't ever go back.

2. The "killer" velcro will actually pull off of their attachment points due to the fact it is completely overkill.

3. That velcro also makes it a total PITA to make small adjustments without literally removing the boot. Multiple straps make a tighter, better fitting and more supportive boot.

4. Ever try to take a boot that has this strength and quantity of velcro off of a nervous horse?

5. For $70 I can get Classic Equine Boots that last, fit, and aren't overkill. I loved the look and idea that I could cover such a range of my horses with the Pegasus boots. I trialed out 3 pairs of these boots, and the same thing happened with each pair-I contacted the company to at least let them know that their straps didn't hold up. I figured they might even offer compensation for what I viewed as a defective product that didn't hold up under "normal wear and tear" situations-I got none. Equibrand (Classic Equine) has replaced 2 pairs of boots that I purchased for velcro that tore during the first few rides and even paid shipping.

These are just my experiences, but I try to keep an open mind and save my friend's pocket books when it comes to horse items that are never cheap!

I LOVE my Pegasus boots~!!

They do take a good eye to adjust them and line them in the proper place for everything to come out where it needs to be, but it didn't take me but a few times to get that down pat.

I LOVE the support they offer. I find them as supportive as a brace bandage and tons easier and faster to put on and off than a brace bandage.

I have the black with the purple trim. They fit all but my Percheron, (she was way too big for them) but she didn't need boots, being mostly a pasture ornament. They fit my mule and she is short in the cannon.

If I had a horse who needed protection from hitting himself, though, the Pegasus don't have cups to protect the ankles or tendon protection, so I still have Classic Equines as well.

I bought a pair of these from a friend. I got them used, however, I was planning on using them for training/practice so looks weren't important. I've used them on front and back legs without problems. I do think they are a little harder to put on and get adjusted than my SMBs. The ones I have are white (now stained...lol). I do think they should come in sizes though. I think that would help.

I LOVED my pegasus boots but after a few months of rodeoing they really wore out. the little piece of fabric(with the color on it) decided that it doesnt like being sewn and the botom velcro constantly comes off. I have tried everything to make them stick better and i can get it for a few rides then they fall apart

well, mine have broken down in the same area--basically the rear boots wear the color strap is--

i have only been usuing them at home and for small shows--i use my nice WHITE legacies for the big nice shows-LOL

for the money i paid--i thought they would hold up longer-and they havent---i have legacies from years ago that are i way better shape when i ran every weekend- the pegasus boots were not used nearly as much the past years-due to i pretty much stopped riding all together till this past winter-

they are still easy to just throw on any horse--but not worth the money if you want them for long term and hard use!

I have a pair for my Pony. They fit him great and i dont have any issues ajusting him. I bought them at the horse sale for like 30 bucks.

I ride in very sandy areas. And I don't get nearly as much sand in them as I do in the Classic Equines I have for Dew.

i got 2 sets for running barrels ---- didnt keep the dirt out very long but they kept his legs from puffing up after a gymkhana which pleases me as far as the velcro not coming off tell that to my 3 y.o. whom when she lays down, PULLS THE OPPISITE BOOT SHES LAYING ON OFF HER BACK LEGS! AND TOSSES THEM AROUND. [shocked] my baby should be a product tester... all in all they work wonders for my barrel horse, not so much the baby

I've been using CLassic equine since 1007. Bell boots, polos, sport boots, saddle pad... everything! At open world this year i went to the pegasus booth and was impressed with them during the demonstration but was in a hurry and didnt buy them. After reading this im glad i didnt! With the price of everything and the economy the last thing i need is boots that wont last. Ive had the same pair of pink classic equine sport boots that ive had since '07 and they STILL WORK! the only reason i bought more was because i wanted different colors (; anywho.. ive never tried pegasus but im completely satisfied with classic equine legacy. My mares are happy too (:

P.S. Ive put them in the washing machine multiple times and the velcro is still holding! im impressed I LOVE CLASSIC EQUINE! :wub:

I've been using CLassic equine since 1007. Bell boots, polos, sport boots, saddle pad... everything! At open world this year i went to the pegasus booth and was impressed with them during the demonstration but was in a hurry and didnt buy them. After reading this im glad i didnt! With the price of everything and the economy the last thing i need is boots that wont last. Ive had the same pair of pink classic equine sport boots that ive had since '07 and they STILL WORK! the only reason i bought more was because i wanted different colors (; anywho.. ive never tried pegasus but im completely satisfied with classic equine legacy. My mares are happy too (:

P.S. Ive put them in the washing machine multiple times and the velcro is still holding! im impressed I LOVE CLASSIC EQUINE! :wub: