Sign in to follow this  
atrueeventer

Fancy's first show! Pics and results

I know that it was a dressage show but there's more traffic on this forum so...

Well I entered Fancy in her first show today. I had my trainer ride her since I haven't been able to ride much and had to rush to work after Fancy was finished. I do not know how she placed, just her scores.

The first class was Intro A. Definitely her better class. She was a little tired by then. Her best score was for her walk, which scored an 8. The only scores for this test below a 6 were her halts. When she's tired, she doesn't want to halt. Go figure. Overall we scored a 61.5%, which makes me happy cuz my goal was over 60%.

Second class was Training level Test 1. Fancy was definitely done. She was just tired. The first halt was better, a 6. But what dropped our score was the canter departs. Both earned 4's. I know what we will be working on.... Her walk and trot earned 7's. Final score was 59.6%. Almost sixty percent.

Our collective marks were exactly the same for both tests.

Gaits-7

Impulsion-6

Submission-5 (she was resisting)

Some comments from the judge were: "Nice horse", "Nice team with lots of potential", "Nice walk". Maybe some new adjectives...

Also, yesterday, the new Grand Prix rider at the barn, Angie Gomez-Taylor, saw my trainer riding Fancy, just hacking around and said "Who's that? She's got a wonderful trot!" So maybe I bought a horse that can take me pretty far. I'm hoping to get her trained so maybe I can do the six year old tests next year.

Ok, picture time. I was awful today, I should fail my photo class. Broke so many composition rules, oh well...

Fancy transitioning between medium walk and free walk in Intro A

-

Fancy in free walk, Training level

-

Entering Intro A test

-

Horrible pic but I like that I can see her trot

-

One of the walks

-

Okay that's all, you may comment on Fancy but not the rider. Diana

Aww...what happened to her tail? Is she barefoot?

When my horse "retires" from the h/j scene, he's going to do dressage(my mom's friend does dressage and has shown up to 3rd level so she'll probably show him in dressage). [smile] I think he'll be quite good since he does good in the eq flats!

[ 03-12-2007, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Equitational ]

Very cute horse!

My only suggestion is that you might want to spend a few more minutes polishing your horse up a bit. Clip his legs, get his white areas sparkling white, and give him a good groom (I know in winter its hard to have a nice shiny coat but it is possible with everyone's friend Show Sheen). You guys would shine in the ring if he stood out a little more.

Nice horse and what a great compliment from the Grand Prix rider!

Her tail is an appy tail. It will probably always be like that. Her appy side is foundation so.. not much hope for a full tail. We will be taking her up to the beauty salon to get her an extension before her first rated show.

This was only a schooling show. It was cold the day before so we couldn't bathe her. I groomed her a good hour before our tests, but appys tend to get dirty easily.

We entered for the experience and sadly, when we rode the other compeititor's hadn't gotten there yet so it was much more like a training session. LOL.

Diana