Sign in to follow this  
TexanJumper

Bringing it back up... tattoos. PICTURES NOW!!!

So I was going to get...someones. I think it was the start of the first tattoo post close to 2 months ago. The kinda cartoonish one...

Well, I took that into Michael (the guy who is going to do mine) and he put his 2 cents into drawing it.

This is what he came up with.

-

Sorry the quality is bad, but I only had my phone with me.

I think I'm getting that on wednesday.

edited: picture didn't show up

[ 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: TexanJumper ]

If you're going to do it, make sure you put it in a place that's hideable. You have no idea how you will feel about this thing in 10 years.

I have 2 tattoos and I don't HATE them, but I wouldn't get one again. I'm waiting til they find a way to remove them that doesn't hurt like heck and then I'm getting them taken off.

im against tattoo's but i really like these! but ditto to getting it in a place where you can hide it, i've seen my trainer up north try and get one removed from her ankle, it takes years, and is very painful

You know your going to get it haha.

I already have 2. Love one! Could really care less about the other. I have wanted a clover with horseshoes for some time now so i'm sure i will like this.

I like them [smile] Where are you both getting them?

And to balance out the "don't get it/hide it" comments, I'm going to say go for it as long as you love it [big Grin] I absolutely love tattoos.. because I'm procrastinating instead of doing my homework, here is a picture of my big piece the day it was finished. The colors have settled in since then, but I'm still thrilled with it and plan to get my other side done eventually. My next one will probably be on the side of my neck/behind my ear.

-

I'm getting mine on my right butt cheek haha.

I already have my initials in a brand type way on the top of my left foot and two feathers curved around my left breast.

Edited because i have feathers, not weathers.

[ 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Duke Of Hazard ]

quote:

Originally posted by TexanJumper:

mine is going on my foot (left one), with the back feet close to the outside edge of my foot, with the horse jumping towards the middle toes. =]

so you decided on your left foot?! haha

lol well it really doesn't matter to me, and he has it drawn to where it would go on that foot, not that it would be hard to turn it over... idk.

i'm really indecisive on it. i don't really care tho either way.

this is the one it was based off of... -

and this is another picture that i took him so he could see a REAL horse jumping and what it looked like.

-

he did a really awesome job

I always tell anyone the same thing when they want a tattoo.. Get it in an area that isn't going to sag and bag. That cute little pony might end up looking like a demented gerbil when you're 60.. and that cute clover with horse shoes will look like a lawn gnome giving someone the finger(hey that fits with being senile, so it may corresspond when you're 90 [Razz] )

They're good ideas for tattoos, but for the horse one I like the original better. The other looks like a typical tattoo artists version of a jumping horse.. it's so.. tattoo-ey(new word lol) I'm really picky though. And every time I say I'm picking a small tat, I end up chickening out. it was a huge deal for me to just get my ears pierced! [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by sappy:

I always tell anyone the same thing when they want a tattoo.. Get it in an area that isn't going to sag and bag. That cute little pony might end up looking like a demented gerbil when you're 60.. and that cute clover with horse shoes will look like a lawn gnome giving someone the finger(hey that fits with being senile, so it may corresspond when you're 90
[Razz]
)

They're good ideas for tattoos, but for the horse one I like the original better. The other looks like a typical tattoo artists version of a jumping horse.. it's so.. tattoo-ey(new word lol) I'm really picky though. And every time I say I'm picking a small tat, I end up chickening out. it was a huge deal for me to just get my ears pierced!
[Eek!]

Thanks. I just don't know where else to get it. I don't want it on my hip because when I get pregnant and I don't want it on my lower back or shoulder blades. There really is no other place.

quote:

Originally posted by Duke Of Hazard:

quote:

I always tell anyone the same thing when they want a tattoo.. Get it in an area that isn't going to sag and bag. That cute little pony might end up looking like a demented gerbil when you're 60.. and that cute clover with horse shoes will look like a lawn gnome giving someone the finger(hey that fits with being senile, so it may corresspond when you're 90
[Razz]
)

They're good ideas for tattoos, but for the horse one I like the original better. The other looks like a typical tattoo artists version of a jumping horse.. it's so.. tattoo-ey(new word lol) I'm really picky though. And every time I say I'm picking a small tat, I end up chickening out. it was a huge deal for me to just get my ears pierced!
[Eek!]

Thanks. I just don't know where else to get it. I don't want it on my hip because when I get pregnant and I don't want it on my lower back or shoulder blades. There really is no other place.

Everywhere expands/stretches when you get pregnant! LOL! Just ask me! I went from twig to house in 24 weeks.

[ROTFL] The foot area is okay actually. At least if you end up hating it a few years from now it won't always be visible.

quote:

quote:

quote:

[Razz]
)

[Eek!]

Everywhere expands/stretches when you get pregnant! LOL! Just ask me! I went from twig to house in 24 weeks.

[ROTFL]
The foot area is okay actually. At least if you end up hating it a few years from now it won't always be visible.

I already have one on my foot! lol. I'm not sure the top of my booty will expand that much.

quote:

quote:

quote:

[Razz]
)

[Eek!]

[ROTFL]
The foot area is okay actually. At least if you end up hating it a few years from now it won't always be visible.

[ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL] You are so right! I am 23 weeks now. I tell my husband everyday he needs to walk his hippo more. lol. Boy did I stretch in places I never thought could stretch like that before! I have roses that just barely peak out from my pants on the left side of my stomach. So far, they still loook like roses [Yay] .

[/Quote] I have roses that just barely peak out from my pants on the left side of my stomach. So far, they still loook like roses [Yay] .[/QB]

Still roses, huh? I am wanting the DVM insignia on my hip/pelvis area.. in front- kinda bikini area. Make sense? I am worried about it looking demented if and when the time comes for baby making... Any thoughts? [smile]

The DVM insignia will definitely stretch there. Lol

My friend has a horse jumping over a heart right there, and she's put on a LITTLE bit of weight (I mean little. Like going from a comfortable size 4 so a not-so-comfortable-but-still-too-small-for-a-size-6 size 4 and it's already getting to look like a chunky warmblood.

I tease her all the time that when she gets pregnant it's going to be a nice clydesdale jumping over a barrel. [Razz]

hehehe! I'm so excited someone is using the tattoo I drew!!!! (ok not exactly, but almost! the idea)

ADizzyGirl, How much did yours hurt? That is were I want to get my next tattoo. If I ever get the money

quote:

Originally posted by Jump-4-JOY:

hehehe! I'm so excited someone is using the tattoo I drew!!!! (ok not exactly, but almost! the idea)

ADizzyGirl, How much did yours hurt? That is were I want to get my next tattoo. If I ever get the money

I have one right around the area at the top of her tattoo. I'm not going to lie, it did hurt. I didn't wear a bra for a weak haha.

quote:

I tease her all the time that when she gets pregnant it's going to be a nice clydesdale jumping over a barrel.
[Razz]
[/QB]

Oh dear, that is what I was afraid of!!!

Darn it, now where to put it?

Ideas anyone?! Somewhere pretty private- I don't want everyone to see it!

I went totally unmedicated for the first two sittings and it HURT. It was worse toward the end.

The last one I popped a couple Tylenol before I went in and it was more annoying-hurt than OMG-I'm-gonna-vomit hurt. I don't know if doctors can legally prescribe like, 1 vicodin or 1 percocet, but I'm going to ask when I get the other side done (a few years from now, when I have the $$$!) Haha.. it definitely hurt my credit card more than it hurt me. Totally worth it though.

quote:

Originally posted by DVM2B2005:

quote:

I tease her all the time that when she gets pregnant it's going to be a nice clydesdale jumping over a barrel.
[Razz]

Oh dear, that is what I was afraid of!!!

Darn it, now where to put it?

Ideas anyone?! Somewhere pretty private- I don't want everyone to see it![/QB]

It really tends to vary from person to person. I honestly think you'd be fine with the tattoo in the original location if you're open to the possibility that it'll have to be touched up if you get stretch marks going through it.. really, all tattoos should be touched up now and then anyway to keep them looking their best.

quote:

I honestly think you'd be fine with the tattoo in the original location if you're open to the possibility that it'll have to be touched up if you get stretch marks going through it.. really, all tattoos should be touched up now and then anyway to keep them looking their best.[/QB]

Whew, that makes me feel better!

Now, can anyone give me an estimate on cost? And a good size? I don't want it huge, but don't want to need a magnifying glass either [smile]