Sign in to follow this  
texanshowjumper

County Saddles

I have a lovely used County dressage saddle. It's a great saddle, I really feel centered and secure in it. I have no experience with their jumping saddles, but I have heard great things. Great saddles for those hard to fit TBs too.

They are very nice [smile] I've ridden in a few and find them very well balanced... they're also very well made. The ones I've been in I found too heavy for my taste, but they're certainly worth the money.. [smile]

Oh yes County saddles are awesome! I think they have excellent quality, and it's one of the few brands that fit my wide, flat-backed horse. I've seen many many many many used ones and the leather, stitching, and stuffing holds out very well.

If you've got the money for one, go for it! [Yay]

we have a county saddle that is easily twice as old as i am and is still used in the lesson program everyday, hardly any wearing on the flaps and the billets were replaced once. it is a wonder saddle

I guess I'm the odd one out then. I have no experience with the County jumping saddles, but I have a dressage saddle made by them that I absolutely loathe.

I just ordered a custom Innovation for my horse. Spent 2.5 hours with the County rep and rode in 5 different Innovations (different trees, flaps, etc.) It is the most comfortable saddle and fit my 17.3" Warmblood (who has very high withers) perfectly. It put my leg in the right position (where it never goes on him.) It is a lot of saddle though. It is a bit heavy looking and certainly not the prettiest but I am certainly glad I ordered it and am looking forward to getting it. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

All the counties are friggin awesome. [big Grin] The stabilizer DOES rock, and so do their dressage saddles. I have a dressage one, and it is 12 years old, and still looks new! [Eek!][Yay]

[ 07-30-2007, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: wiseacre ]

I love them. I had a Drespri, and it was wonderful. I love how they aren't "a lot of saddle." You can actually feel the horse, instead of 40 pounds of leather! I had it for years and it was very well made and showed little signs of wear. They are a great saddle for the money!

I used to train with one of the County Reps.. So I got to try out a few of their saddles and they have got to be the best saddle I've ever ridden in. Too bad I can't afford one or I'd have one in a heartbeat.