Sign in to follow this  
Shalyn04

Critique...Confo...Sale Price...etc...help

Ok so I have made the decision to sell my horse, as hard as it is I just don't have the time anymore, and he deserves much better. I was hoping to be able to lease him out to someone in the barn so if they had any trouble with him I would still be around to help them out. So this decision spawned from really not having the funds to pay for him any more and not having the time that he really needs. He is a rather hot (not crazy just hot) 15yr old unraced thoroughbred. But he has be best personality and the biggest heart in the world. I have owned him for about 3 years now and he has proved himself to be an amazing jumper, with numerous championships in the level 2 and 3 jumpers! Myself being a poor college student do not have any great professional pics to show you but I have 2. I have a simple conformation pic to show you guys and then an over fences one. They arent the best pictures but if its possible could you guys please give me a confo critique. I am currently asking for $10,000 which is think is a steal! He is a 16.2h Dark bay unraced registerd tb. Numerous championships in the Level 2 and 3 jumpers. Shown up to 3'9" Schooled to 4'6". Will pack any rider around 3'-3'6" great for someone looking to move into the jumper ring! Anyway tell me what you think! Thanks for reading this all!!!

-

-

And here is this one just becuse he has the sweetest eye.

-

Hes super cuteee!!

The price sounds like an AMAZING deal from your description. I cant say a whole lot from the pics since it doesnt show much.

[ 12-22-2007, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: shadowsalty ]

Price sounds about right assuming he vets nicely for his age/competition level. Do you have a more detailed show record? What level has he been showing?

In the over fences picture he seems to be wearing a simple snaffle, but in the eye picture he has more hardware. I would not use that in any ads as to me it showed less the eye, more the bittage, raising more questions as to why hes in that than anything.

quote:

Originally posted by Outsider:

In the over fences picture he seems to be wearing a simple snaffle, but in the eye picture he has more hardware. I would not use that in any ads as to me it showed less the eye, more the bittage, raising more questions as to why hes in that than anything.

Agreed. Also, the pictures really don't show much at all. If you are planning to sell him online, maybe you could ask someone to take a few nicer flat and o/f pics. To me, honestly, that little hop over the fence in that picture doesn't say a lot about his ability to go 4'6".

He seems to be a really nice horse, and the price seems about right, maybe even a tiny bit low.

Well when we first started him he was going in a corkscrew, and I hated it! I wanted a bit with a bit more leverage when we started doing the jumpers so I switched to the pelham, after a while he really started to lean on that so I went back to the basics and put him in a plain snaffle. Right now he flats in the plain snaffle and we use a 3-ring over fences for that extra leverage. Like I said the pics are not even good, but it was all I had to show you. I plan on getting more recent pix together before I market him on the internet. His price is what it is because of #1 he needs to be sold ASAP (I really cant afford to play anymore) #2 the market for tb's or really anything in general right now pretty much sucks...and #3 his age. I can post his a show record for him as soon as I find his USEF # and I can get it from there. He is currently showing in the Level 2 and 3's. Note he does not and probably can not jump 4'6 consistantly 3'6" is where he is REALLY comfortable and will pack anyone around so thats what he is on the market for. Thanks everyone

If he really is schooling 4'6 and showing 3'9, you should have pix/video reflecting that. Most people have to see it to believe it. It's too bad you're in AZ and $10,000 is a little too far out of my price range... [Frown]

[ 12-23-2007, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: wiseacre ]

I did't say he is currently schooling 4'6. I said schooled, and like I said in my second post he currently is a 3'-3'6" horse and that is what he is marketed as, I was simply listing what he has done. I do plan on getting a video soon, but with the holidays, and not having time to ride in the first place, its prooving to be kind of hard. Thanks everyone for your comments, I just wanted a general opinion of him. (Kind of at first glance, since my pics are not of quality) Thanks! [big Grin]

I also agree to not use the head picture with all the hardware. If I say that on an ad I would immediately look away. Honestly I think 10,000 around here is too much right now ecspecially for his age. Not that 16 is old by any means but a lot of people look for 6-12. It may just take you longer to sell him for 10,000.. or it would in my area.

I can relate with not having the time anymore. That is why I recently sold my horse. I think he was worth 10,000 and even had someone offer 15,000 6 months after I bought him for 3,000 but since we wanted a quick sale we sold him for 5,000. Which I think we got robbed at that price. haha But he went within 2 weeks.