Sign in to follow this  
Milo

The Back Porch Chapter Seven

quote:

Originally posted by doublelhorses:

Ahhhh.... Doesn't Oust look full of himself. Hm.... Seems hes has a Red cast. Sign of a true bestest horse.
[big Grin]

Oustie is as red as you can get!! He's a good kinda red though...not a red mare.

Bec, is there anyone you can call about the horses?? Animal control, or a rescue group?

Double--Oust comes from a long line of redheads. This is his dad, Houston:

-

quote:

Originally posted by Milo:

Double--Oust comes from a long line of redheads. This is his dad, Houston:

-

Sure is a high stepping papa Oust has there. Red headed geldings do seem a little more sane than mares [ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL]

Bec-If your Mom keeps having trouble getting up and down talk to her doctor about a lift chair. My mother in law got one and because of the drs input medicare paid for part of it. Made her happy that she could stay a little more independent. Hope the VIN doesn't start causing to many problems again.

quote:

Originally posted by RixKatToy:

Ummmm Milo I think that's INSANER than a red mare.

skimmer

quote:

quote:

Ummmm Milo I think that's INSANER than a red mare.

skimmer

HAHAAH AHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA Edit'er HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

i gots some pictures of the blue dog today.he is becoming a very happy boy...until tonight when my vet sticks him with baytril haha.

-

-

quote:

Originally posted by colt:

i gots some pictures of the blue dog today.he is becoming a very happy boy...until tonight when my vet sticks him with baytril haha.

-

-

Awwwwwwwwww isn't he just too cute?!?!?

awwwh Bluey dog! He looks very happy Colt. Give him some eggs [big Grin]

Double, no second call yet. I'm getting impatient, I mean the good graces I'm getting from buying the BF a new cell phone will only last so long. I gotta act fast! I'm going next weekend to look at this girl at a local dog pound:

-

Her name is Kyra and she's a bulldog, lab cross..ya..that's it. She sounds sweet, gets along well with another male dog at the pound. Hopefully Flanders will like her and I'll have a new puppy soon.

Stay outta trouble everyone, back later!

Milo - sure seems like they are taking long enough with Jadia. I can understand wanting them to go to a good home. But really this has been going on for what...3 or 4 weeks now.

Well hoping for a slow Friday since the last two have been hectic as all get out.

Our board had a cookout last night and we get the leftovers today. So for lunch I get a ribeye steak sandwich, baked potato & CHEESECAKE. [big Grin] Mmmmmmmm. Is it lunch yet????

Double, I was asking my friend (who worked with the rescue for awhile) if they ever actually adopted any dogs out! It took over a week to get a response to my online application, then a few more weeks before I got the first phone interviews..and now it's been at least a couple of weeks that I've been waiting on the second interview. I can certainly understand that they're busy, but this is taking forever. So, like I said, I'm moving on and looking at other doggies.

I'm going to see Kyra next weekend, then if she doesn't work out, there's a Boxer mix I'm going to look at.

quote:

Originally posted by doublelhorses:

Our board had a cookout last night and we get the leftovers today. So for lunch I get a ribeye steak sandwich, baked potato & CHEESECAKE.
[big Grin]
Mmmmmmmm. Is it lunch yet????

We (work) had our 15 year anniversery yesterday. There was a roasted pig....yuck I don't like my food to be looking at me while I'm eating. I stuck with the potatoes and bread HAHAHA

Cheesecake...so yummmmmmmmmmmmyyy

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Congratulations... You are a qualified bidder on the following auction.

Item Number: 1158220208

Item Title: +12 Giant ST Buff Brahma Eggs!

Your Nickname: bestponymilo

Quantity desired: 1

Quantity available: 1

Price: 12.00 USD

YAY for more Gobbles!

quote:

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Congratulations... You are a qualified bidder on the following auction.

Item Number: 1158220208

Item Title: +12 Giant ST Buff Brahma Eggs!

Your Nickname: bestponymilo

Quantity desired: 1

Quantity available: 1

Price: 12.00 USD

YAY for more Gobbles!

What!!!! More chickens [Duh] You are a glutton for punishment. [big Grin]

Another reason to not live in CA...land of milk and honey, right. Land of insects and earthquakes more like it.

Ants of the World

Some 20,000 ant species crawl the world. In this new Image Gallery, see a few of them, from photographer and entomologist Alex Wild at the University of Arizona. Wild has more ant images on his web site.

Scientists suspect that a single colony of the ants, originally from South America, hitched a ride to the United States in the 1890s aboard multiple cargo ships that docked in Louisiana.

Since most of the Argentine ants now in California descended from a single colony, they are pals and wear matching chemical coats. Unlike in South America, where there are several smaller ant colonies, most of the Argentine ants in California belong to "one gigantic super colony that stretches basically from San Diego all the way to San Francisco, so you could take an ant from San Diego and put it in a nest in San Francisco and they would treat them the same as if they are family," said study team member Robert Sulc, a graduate student at the University of California, Irvine.

quote:

You are a glutton for punishment

Hey, how do you know those eggs are shipping to me??? Perhaps they're going to be Gobbles CA editions.

Kat, you got that incubator up yet??

quote:

[shocked] Me thinks your up to no good [Duh]

I might visit California but I sure don't want to live there. If I ever move it will either be out west to Colorado. ( I do miss the mountains I grew up in.) Or to Florida where my youngest is. Then he can take care of me in my old age [ROTFL][ROTFL] Around here they would probably just put me in the confinement stall and throw food my way once in a while. [Crazy]

[ 09-15-2006, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: doublelhorses ]

quote:

Around here they would probably just put me in the confinement stall and throw food my way once in a while.

Hey, that doesn't sound all that bad [big Grin]

quote:

Double, I think ANYTHING is saner then a red mare!

How about a 2 y/o Polish Arabian Studcolt?

[Crazy]

I have renewed faith that every so often there comes along a Red Mare who's sane without having undergone a lobeatomy. I'm sure Gwen's just waiting for me to let my guard down...then she'll put me in a tree or somethin'...

Milo~ Ouston and Daddy H are very nicely put together... me likey. [big Grin] Do I detect a little Hannovarian there? Glad Oust is over his Ouch!

Kat~ Mervin's is the best for sales, isn't it?! I just love hitting those 60% off racks! It's the only half way descent Department store up here.... I'm so deprived [Me Cry]

Hope toof gets over being so ouchy NOW!

We were hot up here, then in an instant it went down 30*. Wind picked up yesterday and in the afternoon it rained! Guess Fall is arriving, eh? Whatcha doing this weekend?

Going out in a few to go look at a 4-6 person Hot Tub that I found on Freecycle. I happened to look at my e-mail just after ride #3 on Gwen when we'd gone all over the Hill... and I was juuuusst a lil tight in my back... [Wink] you know how that goes, right??

Well. I mentioned to this gal why the Hot Tub sounded so appealing and lo and behold, she's a horse owner too! I think we might have to get together on the trails sometime. She's really nice on the phone and we seem to be like-minded (that could be dangerous)

Yesterday she was out mowing down the Yellow Star Thistle.. The bain of my existane... hate hate hate the stuff with good reason. Most of you know I lost my Belgian Warmblood gelding Too Tall to the stuff a few years ago and it was in my need to deliver the message of warning to my fellow horsepeople and get more of us all educated on the subject, that first brought me to HC... and the rest, as they say... is history!

So hopefully I might be soaking away the Red Mare Syndrome here in a few days in my new older Hot Tub! [Yay] For Hot Tubs!!

[Yay] For FREECYCLE [Yay]

Maybe that would be the way to go. A life of ease and contentment. Light work, no worries, just clean air, fresh hay and someone to feed me twice a day. Think I could get them to give me a nice soft blanket and some bug spray too?

quote:

Double, I was asking my friend (who worked with the rescue for awhile) if they ever actually adopted any dogs out! It took over a week to get a response to my online application, then a few more weeks before I got the first phone interviews..and now it's been at least a couple of weeks that I've been waiting on the second interview. I can certainly understand that they're busy, but this is taking forever. So, like I said, I'm moving on and looking at other doggies.

I'm going to see Kyra next weekend, then if she doesn't work out, there's a Boxer mix I'm going to look at.

[Eek!]HE!!S !!! You could have adoped thirteen Chinese Children in that amount of time... and had them delivered!! By now they'd be working, doing your laundry and cooking!!

[Eek!]

Blonde--YAY for Freecycle! That would be awesome...everyone to Blonde's house for the partay [big Grin]

Hummm..now that would be a plus to having children. No Hann in Oust that I know of. He does have mostly DWB, some French Anglo-Arab, and some Turdy and Oldenburg way back. He's registered KWPN which makes him sound important.

Double, you're his mom! You should get an automatic fly sprayer and a thick bed of straw [big Grin]

Kat is absent today...maybe all those ants carried her off [Eek!] .

Ranger is learning to be nice to the kitties.of course Milo the cat is letting him know he is the boss [Roll Eyes] .Milo made a lesiurely stroll to the water and had a drink while eyeballing Ranger,then he walked right up to the dog and went nose to nose,twitched his tail and walked away.the whole time poor puppy is looking at me"please let me eat him,please!".he was a good boy tho! -

-

quote:

quote:

You are a glutton for punishment

Hey, how do you know those eggs are shipping to me??? Perhaps they're going to be Gobbles CA editions.

You know what? You're not funny. Don't be sending me eggs! I've got 2 sets of bellboots in my car to ship to you and I'd hate to have to toss them instead........

OK guys I'm completely jammed up. This morning was the 3rd, yes 3rd trip to the dentist for this stupid tooth. Well almost 3 hours into the appt the dentist tells me she doesn't think she'll be able to save it and she now suggests pulling it.... So here I sit 750.00 into this tooth, 3 appts and now she wants to pull it. Well, bye bye toofie... now i have a big credit at the dentist to get the rest of the work done I need. I think the dentist needs to be on The Hate List. Milo, are you in charge of that now?

quote:

OK guys I'm completely jammed up. This morning was the 3rd, yes 3rd trip to the dentist for this stupid tooth. Well almost 3 hours into the appt the dentist tells me she doesn't think she'll be able to save it and she now suggests pulling it.... So here I sit 750.00 into this tooth, 3 appts and now she wants to pull it. Well, bye bye toofie...

This is exactly why I say "Pull that sucker" I do not deal with pain well. Add in the dentist and you have one [Mad] and [Crazy] lady. If I didn't know better I would say its a redheaded thing......Now wait, I'm a brunette.....OOps forgot, my great aunt and my grandmother are redheads. [Duh]