Sign in to follow this  
Milo

The Back Porch Chapter Seven

I probably shouldn't say because it'll make our CA Porchers all [Me Cry]

I'm picking up freshly baled clover/grass mix hay tonight at $3 a bale [big Grin]

Thank goodness the rain has finally stopped for a few days!

[big Grin] i get a lovely alfalfa grass mix delivered for 2.75.HAHAHAHAHAHA

have some new Harmon pictures...he is such a good boy.only a month till his sire stakes races start...moneymoneymoney!!!!i told him he must make lots of it.

theses are from last saturday...Harmon met the race bike,which is smaller and lighter than a jog cart used for daily work.he was great and it never bothered him at all.he is awesome...i on the other hand look very cheesy so ignore my windblown look..lol.

-

-

-

-

more coming

this is Leahs Star the new kid.she is a half sister to the 3 yeear old i trained all winter.this filly came from another trainer with some issues stemming from a lot of lies i am guessing.she has not had as much work as was implied and has some problems i think are caused by some chiropractic issues...so she gets a massage and a back crack this week.and we go from there.

-

--

-

and more of the boy Harmon!!!

-

-

-

and a trailer pic of Cassie,Prospect and Jolee

-

Colt ~ Great pictures....Hope Leah works out for you...Gooooo Harmon!!!!

Kat ~ What a fun time that looks...Soooo many beagles Sooooo little time...Great pictures..

Milo ~ You could probably have some sorta log pull/drag, an L, you know you have to walk in and then back up, straight, the length of the L, Map reading, decend a hill at a WALK, walk over some sorta *fallen* object...They have some TT's that are real sticklers on tack checks at every post...Make sure you ask if it is strickly by the book or a less ridged TT's..They can and are lots of fun, it is a switch for the horses to have to do something out of the ordinary....Also ask if you get extra points if you have an emergency kit with you, some give points but never let the riders know ahead of time that you can earn them...Let me know how it goes ifin you go...

Okay, Hubby is on his way home so my *playtime* is fast approaching an end for the week...See you guys on Sunday...Have a good week everyone...

Morning All,

Colt- loved the pics. Good luck with the races. You sure do stay busy.

JP- Is that competetive(sp??) trail your talking about, or trail class in the areana setting?? I'm thinking I just might give competetive trail a try if I can find a riding partner. Know of a gal near St Louis that was doing it but currently has some health problems herself & her horse so don't think they will do any this year.

Off to work.

-

JP, nine months!!!!! Heck girl, get yourself over the trainer and ride that horse. I would love to have mine at the trainer for 9 months, heck I would settle for 90 days. Bring Promise home, and if you still want to pay for training you can pay for mine. [big Grin]

Kat loved all those Beagle pics.

Milo, make the CA Porchers [Me Cry] ,heck makes me [Me Cry]

Colt, Leahs Star is purdy.

HTTY

Have a good day and be safe

go gentle * I wish you enough

Colt, awesome pictures [big Grin]

Double, those are tests for judged trail rides. I might take Thomas in one next month and was wondering what some of the tests might be.

Got Satin in last night, she's a doll. Skinny, but beautiful with her big white face. Missing lots of fur, scratches up and down all four legs, but my goodness she's cute! Sweet as can be too, never been in a stall her whole life, but walked right into the barn and started munching hay like she knew she deserved all those fluffy shavings.

Have a good day everyone!

Guest majormajor

Hello everyone here.I hope it is alright for me to join you.

I'm new, but this seems a good place to chat. [smiley Wavey]

welcome major...lemme just tell ya though...watch out around here.do not post pics of yourself as Kat has a photoshop fetish and you may find pics of yourself allll over the place,doing all sorts of things,lol.Milo is a full sister to harry potter,those california blondes are cool tho,and bec has coffee every morning.

we have fun here and nobody gets cranky....hahahahahahahahaha

Hiya Major and welcome. Colt has everything right, except anything she said about me.

Satin is now on doxycycline (sp, certainly) for Lyme. Maxx and Jazz have been retested for Lyme...are you seeing a trend here? I think we need to find better treatment *sigh* or get more guineas. Good think I just ordered 2dz hatching eggs.

Oustie's face looked awesome yesterday, I mean aside from the remaining stitches and tubes and leaking gunk. But the swelling is very reduced and very little snot. My goodness, I think we finally have this kicked. Must be the garlic HAAHA

Raining again here. Wish it would stop for a week to let the paddocks dry.

Satin and MM both had cross tie lessons yesterday. MM made me proud when one of the volunteers patted her on the butt without warning. MM jumped forward, hit the end of the ties and instead of rearing/flipping out, nicely gave to the pressure and backed up. She makes me [big Grin] I put her and Oust out together for awhile. Oust was very happy to have a friend. He's been out solo since his surgery. My two favoritest red horses together....

Nothing much else going on here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Welcome Major,

Pretty good group here. Everyone takes the ribbing and jabs as good natured fun. [big Grin]

Watch out for Kat & Milo. Never can tell what they might get up to. Jack keeps us entertained with his poems and Bec keeps us in coffee. Colt and Blonde are always around someplace and several others pop in and out. Hope you enjoy your visits.

Milo- glad to hear Oust is getting better and tha MM is slowly coming along.

--

Hi, Major

pulls out soap box.... it does double duty Now, Major, step up and tell us about yorself. Come on... don’t be shy.

HTTY

See how you guys are?!?! Talking about me like I'm not here!

Maj don't listen to any of them. I'm the *good* one!

Colt, love love love the mare!!!

Everyone else I'm slammed at work so I'll check in later!

Guest majormajor

Thank you all, and one for the nice welcome.

Yap Becaco i suppose i'm a double Major,happens sometimes ya know.

Like Sgt. Sgt. or any of the sort,where Rank and last names are the same.

It is sort of funny tho.

Nice to see you all, have a great day tomorrow.

Guest majormajor

posted 06-15-2006 05:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See how you guys are?!?! Talking about me like I'm not here!

Maj don't listen to any of them. I'm the *good* one!

--------------------------------------------------

Yes of course Kat.I can see that after having read this thread for some time,without ever being here.

Are you sure, you'r the "good one" ??

J/K [big Grin]

Guest majormajor

don?t be shy.

--------------------------------------------------

Never have been shy. [smile]

I'm back!! [big Grin]

Hi and Howdy Everyone, and a special Hello Hello to major major [smiley Wavey]

I hope you will find our little Porch a comfortable place to set a spell and chit chat. You will find it quite informative if you are into "peeps" too! I myself don't know a Road Island Red from a Red eyed Flight... but I do know about Red Mares [Roll Eyes] So does Milo

Queen Milo has Red Mares and red hens, so she is very special. So special that she has a tiarra to prove it!

Kat will furnish the pictures to prove it..... Kat is always proving stuff with pictures, or at least trying to.

I am the [Angel] here, don't let anyone tell you different.

Paradise is my long lost twin and twisted sister. She is also blonde, and also has a thing for RED but not Red Mares or Red Hens..... Her Red obsession goes 0-60mph in 6 seconds. [Wink]

Bec Likes Red too....if it's Roan. Bec also keeps us happy by brewing the coffee daily. She also has a neighbor who has her seeing Red!

Double gets a little confused at times.... We don't have Jack here...unless it's Jack Daniels. [Wink] Double probably has something Red too, which is a good enough excuse.

Colt Do you have any Red in your barn or are they all sensible and brown??

So...... got any Red major major ??

Merlot perhaps?

[Huggy]

Yosemite was awesome!

My Mom was in town for a few days so the kids and I took her to Yosemite Valley for the day. The Waterfalls were at their springtime best which is always exciting to see. Unless you have been there, it's difficult to comprehend the sheer magnitude of the place! Pictures do not do it justice, but they beat a sharp stick in the eye!

Here's a little introduction to Yosemite Valley.

The Valley was carved by glaciers and the hard granite surfaces of the valley walls was honed over eons to it's unique shape you see today.

El Capitain is one of the largest granite masses in the world and the summit is 3,245 feet from the valley floor.

-

To the left of El Capitain is Ribbon Falls, which drops 1,612 feet in a single fall.

With El Capitain flanking the left side of the Valley and Bridalveil Falls falling over the edge on the right. This is your introduction to Yosemite Valley.

-

Bridalveil is often lifted up by the wind, hence it's name. This beautiful waterfall drops from the "hanging valley" above 620' to the valley floor.

-

The three generations. Me, my daughter and my Mom with Bridalveil in the background.

-

....now, on up the Valley to our next stop and a picnic alongside the Merced River at Sentinal Bridge.....See you there!

-

Major Major, do we turn here?

Major Major, do we take the next left?

Major Major, are we there yet?

HTTY

Here we are at Sentinal Bridge!

Yosemite Falls fills the scene with it's amazing height which drops from an almost level surface with the horizon. You see mostly the Upper Fall from this vantage point.

Yosemite falls is one of the world's highest waterfalls. It's 2,425 foot total drop is devided into the Great Upper Fall (1,430') the middle cascade, (675') and the Lower Fall (320') The Lower Fall itself is over twice the height of Niagra Falls!

-

There is little to compare this massive scale to, but I will do my best to give you some idea of just how grand a scale we're talking about here!

As you approach Yosemite Falls along this trail, you are about 1/4 mile from the base of the lower falls at this point.

-

John Muir built a bench here to sit and view the falls. He originally came to Yosemite Valley to work in a lumber mill that was near the base of the falls. Thank goodness that's not what John Muir stayed for!

At the base of the lower falls...remember, this is the shortest section of this Waterfall!

-

My Son and Daughter are hiking up the boulders on the right hand side of the lower fall to get a "Yosemite Shower" Do you see them?

-

See? There they are!

-

Now, let's step back and take another look at that!

-

So there's a little taste of Yosemite Valley in the Springtime! We are a little over an hour's drive from the Park enterance and less than two hours to the Valley floor. I never tire of seeing this beautiful place and all the changing seasons. If any of you should chance to come this way, I would be more than happy to give you the Ten Cent Tour.

-

Me with my son J. and my daughter Brynn, at the base of Yosemite falls.

quote:

El Capitain is one of the largest granite masses in the world and the summit is 3,245 feet from the valley floor.

that's a lot of counter tops!

Hey guys! So sorry I haven't been around the porch lately. When horsecity had that little mishap happen I couldn't post so that was a bummer. BUt well any way on the good side of the swing that I went to an egyption arabian horse breeding farm which was so cute to see all those little foals, way too cute! [big Grin] Oh and I also got to see Thee Desperado!

Morning all,

And yes Blonde is right I do have a red head. (Horse that is) In fact I have two a gelding and a mare. Red heads are the bestest. [big Grin] A little crazy and spirited.

Blonde - Loved the pics. Made me drool.

Morning, sounds like a blast! I don't know much about Arab breeding, is Thee Desperado (sp, probably!) an Arab stud? We picked up the sweetest Arab gelding last year, named him Patrick because the auction was on St. Patrick's Day (we're very original HAHA)

-

Double, you're right, red is best. You ready for another one yet?? [big Grin]

Milo- yep he sure is a stud at that, and well he is absolutly gorgous to tell you the truth. oh patrick is a very handsome fella indeed, love his color.........can I have him? lol [Razz]

here is a pic of Thee Desperado(that I took of course):

-

oohh he's handsome!

Not as handsome as Patrick the Princess..but you know, that's a hard level to reach HAHAHA

Patrick's new owner left on vacation for a few days. My friends and I had a little fun with her horse while she was gone [big Grin]

HAHAHA well when he is in show man, he is stunning!

Well I bet that was fun Milo [Razz]

*sigh* Man its going to be really hot today and well I am not looking forward to it either. I am babysitting right now (the girl I am babysitting is watching pirates of the Caribien(sp?)) so yeah I took another peek at HC to see if anybody posted. Maybe sometime today I really want to go swim suit shoppin'. Hey Milo, have you seen Cars yet? Well I mean the movie of course, well that is an EXCELENT movie indeed, its worth seeing twice! [big Grin]

quote:

pirates of the Caribien

nothing like Johnny Depp first thing in the AM

[big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Haven't seen Cars yet, my sister did and said it was good. Saw DiVinci Code while on vacation, not bad. Have the book at home, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

KAT~~Thank you for my chix calendar! I'm going to see if I can pass the poultry health test and get my certificate. I will then post it at the barn HAHA