Sign in to follow this  
Milo

The Back Porch Chapter Seven

quote:

Originally posted by Milo:

She got fancy ones?? What did I get??

Well if I can't find 'em, nothing. I do have a tube of lip gloss that I bought for you that I can send instead.......

Howdy All,

I did have a great weekend [big Grin] Sugar loaded in the trailer [big Grin] Hauled to Ramsey, rode both days and loaded to come home again. [big Grin] So now I am hoping to haul to the scary wooden bring before the end of October. The state parks are closing the trails as of October 30 this year. It makes me see red [Mad] Don't they know Fall is a great time to ride. [Duh]

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

-

Double, no one is allowed to attend the Sister and one Brother party, except the sisters, brother and their spouses. hehehehe So I finally get to be at one. I won’t be cooking a Christmas type dinner. They either have soup and chili or casseroles. I think I am going to have chili, potato/sausage soup, veg beef soup and gumbo with the fixings. I’ll buy the pies and whatever from the bakery.

No, Milo, sorry to say that VIN is alive. He yelled something at me the other day, sounded like the B word.... not for sure. I wonder why he did that, could it have because I was standing where I could see him..... do ya’ think maybe he thought that I was spying on him. [ROTFL]

[Yay] I got hay ..... I got hay. A large RB for half of what the feed stores have been selling it for. I hate alfalfa and I have 3/4 of a large square. Oh well, it will be good for this winter especially if we have a real bad winter (which we are due for). Just hope this hay guy will sell to us again, Hubby said he wasn't too friendly. When Hubby told him that we knew of someone that needed hay he said that he didn't need any new customers.

HTTY

Bec, glad you got winter hay. I was just talking to my farrier Saturday and we agreed it was going to be a long cold winter. Horse's coats have come in early. I hate winter [Mad] Give me one nice snowfall, then go away.

Tell your VIN that you've been called worse, by better [big Grin]

Double [Yay] for good ponies who load so nicely. Hey, I have a half draft here that could use some loading help....

Why do they close the trails so early? Fall is the best time to trail ride, with the colors and no bugs.

quote:

Horse's coats have come in early. I hate winter
[Mad]
Give me one nice snowfall, then go away.

I agree, Flashy already has a very hairy belly. He always gets shaggy first but this is a little too early. Not sure what the state reasoning is behind closing the parks early. Use to be they were open weather permitting except during deer season. [Confused] But since I've been on HC and hooked up with a few other rideres we have found at least two other places to ride that stay open year round weather permitting, but only one has a camp ground and then no electric is available.

Bleh lets not talk about winter already! They say it might rain here the next few days. Both horses are furring up. I guess the weatherman forgot we're the land of milk & honey here.......

Double YAY for loading in the trailer! Good luck with the scary wooden bridge.

Ash got any pics of the pups? We're always looking for one to send to Milo.

Bec I've got a GREAT wicked easy chicken tortilla soup receipe if you want it.

Milo you don't cook so you can't have it..... then again it's crockpot so that's not really cooking.... Even you could probably do it!

Colt got that license yet?

Blonde you shivering today too?

JP has the hair grown back from the Moonie abduction?

Hey Kat I will send our Indian summer to you. High of 91 today, possible record high for tomorrow. They are predicting 94 [bang Head] I refuse, refuse, refuse to turn the air back on.

quote:

crock pots are my friend!

Your only friend you mean.

Shouldn't we be opening a new Porch pretty soon?!?!

Yawn, well guess its morning again and time to bump us up to the first page. Hope everyone had a good evening. Had visitation last night and funeral today. So not much horsey time. Well gotta go and get things done. [smiley Wavey]

Double, sorry to hear about the funeral [Frown]

Kat, think you're right. I'll PM WR and have her shut this one down.