Sign in to follow this  
tootsierollspandex

Very, very painful open blister.

I got a blister on my ankle. You know where the back of your shoes are. Well, I was wearing my sister's shoes and they hurt me. Now it's opened up, scabbed but still hurts like crazy. Even without shoes or socks on it hurts when I walk, causing me to limp and have difficulty walking up and downstairs. It's got a 1 1/2" ish red ring around it. I can actually feel the blood pulsing around it and my tendon hurts that it's on.

Is there anything else I can do to help it heal faster/be less painful. or just clean it, cover it and take Ibprofen. Should I shower and try to get the scab off (which is wierdly on there, it's...not flat and scab like but thick and irregular...from shoes I think.) I know not to put hand sanitizer on it (which I did on a cut on my toe not too long ago because I couldn't find the disinfectant stuff so I figured that would work. As soon as I squeezed that bottle I regretted it. It BURNEDDDDD.)

ouch!

I had a scab last week from my new shoes the day before my prom [Frown] what i did was put on some Nerosporin (sp?) its this antibiotic cream that kills pain and i got it when i visited the states and it can be found in Duane Reade but i duno about anywhere else, its $10 for a tube but they are a godsend on cuts, just apply a dab of the stuff onto a sticky plaster/wound dressing then put on your heel and it should clear up in 3 days.

Hope that helps!

Yes, Neosporin is good. You can get it at any drugstore. Get the kind with the pain killer in it.

It works great on horse cuts, too.

Take a shower let it soak for a fe wwhile you shower and then clean it with soap and water. then put neosporin with the painkiller stuff in it on it with several bandaids. That will fix you right up. Change as needed and keep the bandaids on so you can walk when you have shoes on.

Well, I'm back. I showered and looked at the scab. I saw that it wasn't just blood, that it looked like dirt too. So I touched it. It hurt and then all of this pus oozed out. (Sick.) So then I peeled off the scab and discovered why it hurt so bad. One of those Teeny tiny little stones from the park had gotten under my scab, so I pulled out the stone and then used my perscription antibiotic-cut stuff (which I got for an extreme case of roadburn that ran all the way up my leg from riding my bike in Long Island once and almost got hit by a car, causing me to fall while going fast. Anyways, I had to walk all the way home and by the time I got there it looked like I had been battling aliens.) so then I put a band-aid on it and magically I can walk again. [Razz]

RIDE DON'T WALK!!

That should help keep the rubbing down on the back of your heel. you also might try using boots instead of shoes, they don't press sometimes on the same places. [Wink]

If this makes you fell Beter. Every time I go to my friends house in flordia I Get the HOLE back of my foot busted and bloody. Spending time with my animals or... Dogs.... Yeah well any way. Yor blister sounds beter then my foot. OUCHEY!