Sign in to follow this  
myquarterhorseduke

bad posters

I am so disappointed in posters going on someones thread and attacking that person especially when that person is an underprivleged child who has had a life of terrible unfortunate losses. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do they not read the horse city rules?

I find it hard to believe they own horses! In my entire life I have never met a person who loves horses who could also be so mean.

Are they disturbed?

Why don't they leave a post if they don't like what is being said. It's simple......Don't post go some other topic or somewhere else!!!!

I'm sorry just had to vent!!! [Mad]

You know that most of the people in the thread that you are talking about, the ones you are talking down about are the ones that have been offering this child advise.

We have a 13 year old inexperienced horseperson here whose family struggles to feed the horse. Now the horse is pregnant and she recently said they were feeding her cattle food. The horse isnt being fed the way a pregnant mare should be, supposedly the foal wont have its shots etc and the mare has only been wormed once and had one set of shots since she got the horse in January.

There is a lot of good horse people here that have been here a long time offering help and advise and all they do is get screamed at and attacked.

I offered her a ton of advise at the beginning, but then the story started changing and I saw a few ads posted not too long ago by this poster asking for a free horse, and this was AFTER she had the one she has now.

There is no money for the proper care of the horse but there is money to get more birds and feed them?

not everyone is attacking her......some people are worried that we are going to come and read a post about lakotas foaling gone wrong,or haley being injured by this mare.some of us have offered good advice and been ignored or called rude.up until yesterday i was encouraging her along with all of you.....i got frustrated at the things she posted,the lack of understanding.i had to back off and remind myself she is a child.

i truly hope this kid gets some help with her horse or she will get hurt.

I am a adult and I had a unruly foal who was hard to catch in a round pen (at a few days old) and then decided he loved to kick people. I wouldnt let my kids near him, eventually he calmed down but after much work and many many long days trying to catch him.

[ 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: mykidsmom ]

Colt: I saw your recent post and commend you for what you said to Her. It was done very nicely.

MKM: This horse is the only thing left for her to hold on to. She needs this horse to save herself. Her horse has helped her bond with family members and got them to work with and help her.

There is nothing more I would like to see at this point is that the Mare has a healthy foal.

Vaccinations, feed and vet have been improved and I personally would like to see her progress further.

Remember she is a child. With a gift from her deceased grandpa. She also has no knowledge of the cost and care of these wonderful animals. BUT she is trying and convincing her family to help.

Life may not be perfect. But think of all the joy and love that this horse is bringing to this child and let's hope her life will be for the better. Perfect or not. All she has is her grandma and a sister. And occasionally her dad.

The HORSE is her life.

[ 09-18-2006, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: penny lillis ]

quote:

Originally posted by GSDLeaderPup:

For once I can honestly say I'm not involved...
[big Grin]

What thread?

[ROTFL]

GSD--I thought the poster penny was talking about was someone different than who the others are talking about. [Confused] Guess there is more than one.

quote:

Originally posted by JrRodeoMom:

quote:

For once I can honestly say I'm not involved...
[big Grin]

What thread?

[ROTFL]

GSD--I thought the poster penny was talking about was someone different than who the others are talking about.
[Confused]
Guess there is more than one.

I did too, until they started talking about a mare/foal.

quote:

Originally posted by draftiemama:

People that get upset with her need to stay off her threads.

some,not all,but some of us got upset because we can see the very real possibility that this child could be seriously hurt,and she did not want to listen AFTER she asked for advice.its like telling someone "i am upset with you because i care".

Most of these "bad posters" are adults. Many have children of their own. Everyone has this kids safety as a top concern. I have read some of her posts and it scared me. All of us horse lovers also have the mare's health as a concern. Ever thought that she may not look overly pregnant or have a bag yet because she is not getting the proper nutrition? When she told us that they were feeding the mare 9% protein cattle food, many people offered advice. We told her it was dangerous to feed the mare that and could possibly kill her. She said that they had just bought several bags and had to use them, so of well. Said the feed store would not take them back. All of the feed stores here will exchange unopened bags,especially for a situation like that.

She was tying the horse up with a long rope on the ground. Several adults stepped up and told her not to and why not too. She has posted video since then and the horse was tied the same way.

I have been offering this child advice from the very beginning, most of which she ignores. Can you see why adults might get frustrated.

Don't accuse people of being bad posters. If this was an adult doing these things all of you would have hung them out to dry a long time ago.

Its better that your not involved. It is a terrible situation, for both horse and person.

I have learned to just bite my tongue on that one.

I would hope that other would do the same. It deals with a 13 year old girl, I mean, I remember being 13, I was irrational, self-centered, and not really able to see the greater good. So trying to convince her to do anything other than what she wants is pretty much pointless.

quote:

Originally posted by penny lillis:

Colt: I saw your recent post and commend you for what you said to Her. It was done very nicely.

MKM: This horse is the only thing left for her to hold on to. She needs this horse to save herself. Her horse has helped her bond with family members and got them to work with and help her.

There is nothing more I would like to see at this point is that the Mare has a healthy foal.

Vaccinations, feed and vet have been improved and I personally would like to see her progress further.

Remember she is a child. With a gift from her deceased grandpa. She also has no knowledge of the cost and care of these wonderful animals. BUT she is trying and convincing her family to help.

Life may not be perfect. But think of all the joy and love that this horse is bringing to this child and let's hope her life will be for the better. Perfect or not. All she has is her grandma and a sister. And occasionally her dad.

LAKOTA is her life.

I am not heartless, I have two kids of my own.

But I think that when a animals care etc is compromised you have to put your feelings second and the care of the animal first.

Haley is on other boards asking for free horses, why is this?

[ 09-18-2006, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: mykidsmom ]

quote:

Originally posted by dixiecowgirl25:

GSD - If someone tells you, then you'd be involved, just how would that look?
[ROTFL][ROTFL]
PS The thread was deleted.

I already found the new thread. Not my cup of tea anyway. Ya'll have at it though. [Wink]

I never travel up past GCC so anyone that doesn't post here probably isn't even on my radar. [Confused]

[ 09-18-2006, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: GSDLeaderPup ]

quote:

Originally posted by dixiecowgirl25:

GSD - If someone tells you, then you'd be involved, just how would that look?
[ROTFL][ROTFL]
PS The thread was deleted.

[ROTFL] And then we would have to start 'psssst'ing. [Wink][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by mykidsmom:

I am a adult and I had a unruly foal who was hard to catch in a round pen (at a few days old) and then decided he loved to kick people. I wouldnt let my kids near him, eventually he calmed down but after much work and many many long days trying to catch him.

Speaking of foals, whatever happened to yours?

[ 09-18-2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: GSDLeaderPup ]

I couldn't tell you what she does on other boards. And it is not important to drag it to HC.

Honey Girl: They did change the food. She explained to her family that her Mare needed the right feed and that has been taken care of. She has made some changes about tying and if it explained in a way that is easy to understand she does listen to what is told to her the best she can. Her grandma has no horse knowledge so she is having to get help from everyone. she has asked her uncle to come help her along with someone else and they said they will help her.

quote:

No, of course not.

That sweet little filly you got. I'm sure you remember the one. Eh...6 - 8 months ago I'd say?

Why? What makes you think anything ever happened to her? She is a beautiful perfect sweet yearling!

quote:

quote:

No, of course not.

That sweet little filly you got. I'm sure you remember the one. Eh...6 - 8 months ago I'd say?

Why? What makes you think anything ever happened to her? She is a beautiful perfect sweet yearling!

Have not seen pictures in a long time. I seem to remember her being beautiful. Would LOVE to see some current pictures.

quote:

Originally posted by penny lillis:

Penny...im not a nasty person...or at least i try my best not to be.i have 3 kids of my own and they have been around our horses since birth....they grew up in the tack room,heck we hung the jolly jumper up on the shedrow at the racetrack.they are 10,11, and 14.....and if they did some of the things i saw in pictures...they know they would have a deserved chewing out coming.but i have to remind myself that haley is new to horses and my kids have had the oportunity to learn all their lives.my 14 year old is now jogging on the track...but he had to start out cleaning stalls and doing water buckets.he is still getting the hang of harnessing but he tries hard.he is fully capable of handling one by himself,and helps out in the paddock on race nights.my other two know how to bathe horses and can do stalls and are learning about grooming.

i hope that haley can learn to be competent when handling lakota and that she has a healthy foal...i guess i tae it for granted becasue my kids learned all this at such an early age.lucky them,as i like to remind them.they dont think lucky when shoveling poop lol.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, of course not.

Have not seen pictures in a long time. I seem to remember her being beautiful. Would LOVE to see some current pictures.

I sure if you search in the last 2 months or so you could find current pics of her on here.

Must not be searching under the right key words. I'm coming up empty handed. Since this thread is doomed I'm sure no one would mind if you posted one here or linked us to a thread with her pics. [smiley Wavey]

No need for anyone to be mean to another on horse city. We are all here for help and fun and no one should be told to give their horse away. It is hard I see it everyday.

Dogs and cats hit by cars, dying of illnesses that could be prevented. Horses starved to death with nothing to eat.

I try to help where I can.

If the owner tries and wants help, then help!

Making people angry does no good for the animal.

Education is powerful.