Sign in to follow this  
Sorrel1

The official "I got my Secret Santa Gift" thread, 2006.

However, I have it from verified sources that a package was delivered over the weekend and the recipient has not come here and told us about it!! [Eek!]

Well I got home from work and was ever so looking forward to a box.

But to my dismay no box was waiting for me.

[Frown][Frown]

Everyone else is getting some awesome gift boxes.

quote:

Originally posted by Tazzin:

However, I have it from verified sources that a package was delivered over the weekend and the recipient has not come here and told us about it!!
[Eek!]

Oh no way.They have it and have not said anything?

quote:

Originally posted by Tuckaway:

quote:

Originally posted by Tazzin:

However, I have it from verified sources that a package was delivered over the weekend and the recipient has not come here and told us about it!!
[Eek!]

Oh no way.They have it and have not said anything?

[Eek!] it must be just to drive us [Crazy]

I never start to get anxious about receiving my gift until after I've sent mine out. Although, from looking through this thread and catching up on the stuff people have gotten so far, I am starting to get a bit anxious to get mine [Cool]

I received my package!! I must say, this is the 3rd year I've participated and again I have an absolutely wonderful box!!

I'll be back in a few to let you in on how my SS has tried to trick me and keep her identity secret.

And I'll need a few to get pics uploaded to Photobucket. I took lotsa pics! Maybe I took too many?!?!

[Jump][Yay][Jump][Yay][Jump]

Nothing here yet. I love seeing everyone else's stuff though. Hubby thinks it's goofy, but I think it's fun to exchange with other horsey people.

[Yay]

A box arrived to my PO box over the weekend. Not sure exactly when because we only pick up mail every couple of days. And this was our Wedding Anniversary weekend so we were in and out all weekend. This is what it looked like when it arrived:

-

I love the box! Santa is "shhhing" on it - perfect for a secret Santa exchange!

Then I opened the box, and made my way through lotsa newspaper - which by the way is from TWO places! California, AND Nevada! How sneaky is that?!?!

Once into the box, I discovered it was sprinkled with lots and lots of chocolate! So I had to immediately bag it so the cats didn't run off with it. Yes, I've got some theivin cats! You'll notice in the pic there is only one bag of chocs visible - the other bag made it into hubbys office on HIS desk! What a theif he is! Here's all the yummy goodies:

-

And check these out:

-

How about a close up of that chocolate bar - that is just too cool!

-

And my horses received "heaven in a bag" - they LOVE these horsie cookies:

-

Then, I had some great goodies! I got this really great horse pen - I am a major pen collector! And I had to remove Frosty immediately to play with him, and stuck him back in the box for this pic:

-

And lotsa smell good stuff. I adore lavender, and Burt's Bees products are a life saver - especially this time of the year:

-

Don't post yet....if you can believe it, there is MORE!!!!

Then as I dug in closer to the bottom of the box, I discovered these fantastic goodies! An engagement calendar (I can't live without one of these every year!), a smaller wall calendar (I always keep one of these on my fridge!) and a wonderful little book on Horse Paintings that I will cherish for always!

-

Of course, during all this excitement - I had a little help. Thought about putting her in the box, and mailing her: return to sender - but there was no return addy on the box, so that wouldn't work!

-

Now, shhhhhh, time to guess my Secret Santa:

-

I'm thinking it may be.......Tazzin ?!?!

[big Grin]

That is an awesome package. I'd say this is quite a successful SS exchange year. Do you need an address? Cuz' I'll take the cat [big Grin]

Kim, you guessed me! [big Grin]

But just so you know I'm not a grinch, this is what you almost ended up with! [Eek!]

-

[ROTFL]

I'm going to check my po box this mornign once Jeren gets up and fed...I 'wonder' if I will have a box waiting for me? Hmmmm

Why does that horse head keychain keep popping up? Is there one person who has 4 SS's to buy for or has it just been a freak coincidence?

RRR, its been a coincidence. The sender has been sending presents to her friends. However, her friends are also expecting Secret Santa presents, even though she is not their secret santa in the exchange [Wink]

Tazzin, that's okay, you can send me the cat in a box as a bonus gift! Since I have 4 cats already, what's one more? And I don't have a black one, yet!

Or I may be down one cat, and need a replacement. My little Calico may be shipped out to MOH, if she doesn't watch it!!!

And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful care you put into my box! I loved everything! But I am a bit disappointed, I think you could have atleast tried to put Psaint in there, too! [Wink]

[Huggy] And you've added to my Perfect SS Exchage count! This makes a total of 3 perfect exchanges in the 3 years I've participated! How lucky am I?

Wow! Everyone has such great packages!! Sorry I have been MIA since last week, internet was out at my house and I've been off work. I recieved my awesome package on Friday but was unable to post since. I was so surprised to get my present!!! My Santa was very good to me!! She had my kids fooled too! They thought we got a new DVD player because of the box it came in [big Grin] I promise to have pics loaded by tomorrow for everyone to see. My package smelled good even before I opened it, cause there was a gorgeous candle that was vanilla gingerbread scented. MMMMMMmmmmmm. There was also a beautiful beaded star ornament, a cute little glass snowman, a great big canister with horses galloping across the front which was filled with candy, and a huge bag of horse cookies!! I did manage to snap a picture before the kids devoured the candy [big Grin] I want to say thank you to my awesome Secret Santa [Not Worthy] You rock!! [Huggy]

quote:

Originally posted by TxPALOMINO-Kim:

Tazzin, that's okay, you can send me the cat in a box as a bonus gift! Since I have 4 cats already, what's one more? And I don't have a black one, yet!

Or I may be down one cat, and need a replacement. My little Calico may be shipped out to MOH, if she doesn't watch it!!!

And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful care you put into my box! I loved everything! But I am a bit disappointed, I think you could have atleast tried to put Psaint in there, too!
[Wink]

[Huggy]
And you've added to my Perfect SS Exchage count! This makes a total of 3 perfect exchanges in the 3 years I've participated! How lucky am I?

Trust me.... you do not want that cat!! We call her Devil Kitten! [Eek!]

Psaint refused to get in the box..... Mr. Sissy said it wasn't padded well enough for him! [ROTFL]

I should have put in the USA Today paper... but I used it to start fires! [Razz]

I'm glad you liked it [Huggy]

Maybe there's more [Confused]

quote:

RRR, its been a coincidence. The sender has been sending presents to her friends. However, her friends are also expecting Secret Santa presents, even though she is not their secret santa in the exchange

Am I her friend? lol

JK

For real?

WOW!

What a gal!!!

Whooo hooo! I got fun stuff! [big Grin]

Pictures are coming. I figured I would make an embarassing admission so you guys could have a laugh. I have two computers. A Mac and an IBM desktop. My Mac quit being able to go on the internet for much other than e-mail. It's still where my e-mail comes in though, not my laptop. I don't know why, but Explorer crashes on the Mac. Yet, my Photoshop is on my Mac. SO, in order to get pictures up I have to:

Download them to my Mac.

Fix them.

Open a internet, remote connection to my e-mail on my laptop.

E-mail the pictures to myself! to get them on my laptop.

Upload them to photobucket.

Sigh, so pictures and info on goodies are coming. Eventually.

[Crazy]

OK, since it was only one picture, it was pretty quick!

Thank you Secret Santa! I love my prizes! [big Grin] My Santa was sneaky. She had Ann from HC ship my gifts from the store there. HOWEVER, she added in two items that I don't think come from the HC store (I'll have to go check). If that's true, then it must be one of the gang that is right near HC HQ! I know there are several, but with my crummy memory I'm going to have to do some snooping. Here's what came in my goody box:

-

Everything is wonderful, but I particularly love the unusual ceramic horse candle holder. That is so cool and I've never seen anything like it. I couldn't get the pretty, mottled colors to really show up in a picture.

[Huggy][Huggy][Huggy] I wasn't having a great day, but this has made it oh so much better. Thank you!

quote:

Originally posted by LongingtoRun:

Your SS must be Hast....
[Wink]

Well, Hast was the only one I remembered was in that area, but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions before I looked to see who else was there. I know there are others.

That keychain is very cool, BTW!!

quote:

Originally posted by scrimbaby:

I know I am supposed to wait until my person guesses but I have to step in here seems how she has gotten it and some things were broken. Southern if you want I can get another mug and picture frame, I am so sorry they got broken, darn post office must have just been throwing things around. If you are not able to glue them back together please let me know, I really don't mind picking up more for you. Glad you liked everything. I hope the shirt fits your little girl, I tried and tried to find something for her but I didn't know alot about her so I just got a T-shirt from my state. Anyway I enjoyed shopping for you.

as a previous postal employee, I can say this is truth...they DO throw the packages! We set up a large circular area which we call "priority" which is for anything over the size of a smaller shoebox. When we are assigned our task for the day, if we are to sort priority...they say "go throw priority" I once even got in trouble for WALKING the package over to the cart it was supposed to go in, and then proceeded to get a lesson in how to stand in one spot and throw the boxes (sometimes about twenty feet!) So yes...protect those breakables WELL...and insure your packages if the breakables are one-of-a-kind, expensive, or if you just want to be able to get a refund if anything is broken.

So...long story short...yes...postal employees do throw the packages, and do get scolded for *not* throwing them too [Confused][Crazy]