Sign in to follow this  
Sorrel1

The official "I got my Secret Santa Gift" thread, 2006.

quote:

as a previous postal employee, I can say this is truth...they DO throw the packages!

And I can verify this also, having worked for the USPS several times through the Christmas season.

Where I worked one of the jokes that went around was: "Fragile is french for "hurt me"!! [Eek!]

In all honesty, they DO NOT stop to read the warnings, only the zip code.

[ 11-28-2006, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: rattusrat ]

Dang it, I didn't realize that the key chain would give me away [Razz] Yes, Ann was kind enough to packet it with the right size T-shirt when I knew who I got. [big Grin] Actually, when found that candle holder at a local art show I just couldn't resist buying it, that's when I decided to participate in the SS exchange [big Grin]

I hope you like it. [Huggy]

quote:

Originally posted by h?stflicka:

Dang it, I didn't realize that the key chain would give me away
[Razz]
Yes, Ann was kind enough to packet it with the right size T-shirt when I knew who I got.
[big Grin]
Actually, when found that candle holder at a local art show I just couldn't resist buying it, that's when I decided to participate in the SS exchange
[big Grin]

I hope you like it.
[Huggy]

I LOVE it Hast! [Huggy] Actually, I just love all my goodies, thank you so much. [big Grin]

AWSOME Exchange everyone!!!! I love it! (and I'm so ticked at myself for not doing it again this year but I've moved on lol)

UPS came and for once it was FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

It was a small box and very light so I was thinking. Hmmmmmmmmm did I order something and forget about it?? Then I read who it was from.

Drysdales INC. Hmmmmmmmmm what the heck is that??

So I cut open the box and there on the top was a card with DRYSDALES logo and it said Something Special from you secret santa.

I managed to get the box that was in the box out of all that packing peanuts and get it open and then pull out the styrafoam package and get that one open and this is what I saw.

-

-

This is it's home for now.

-

Thank you SS!!

I don't know if there is more to come but even if there isn't I absolutly LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! [Yay][Yay][Yay]

Oh all the gifts everyone is getting are just FABULOUS [Jump] I am truly enjoying seeing what everyone else is getting.

I have yet to recieve a box but am anxious to see what wonders will appear. I was all set to deliver a package today when a snow storm blew in last night and stranded me here at home but tomorrow promises to be clear and the road guys will have a chance clear things up.

quote:

Originally posted by StarMom:

I just realized that there is no way in heck I can even guess who my SS is!

Way to be sneaky!!
[Roll Eyes]

But I know who your S.S. is!! [big Grin] Give me the Painted Pony, I can tell you who it is. [bat Eyelashes][bat Eyelashes]

Acutally if you go back and read on one of the secret santa posts put up (I'd love to tell you which one, but finding it will be your challenge), a reply to me will tell you who your secret santa is.

[ 11-28-2006, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Mudder ]

So. I know my SS is sneaky and she lives at 1111 Ho Ho Ho street, Santa Lane, IA 52732. [ROTFL] Nice address.

It's a big box and very well packed.

-

Spirit wanted to know why I was bouncing around, laughing at this box.

-

The first thing I opened was Christmas pudding. agh. [big Grin] I love Christmas pudding. It was hard not to run off and eat it right then.

-

So then I opened this very cute mug, with a georgous pony on it (with a pretty long mane). It says 'friends come in all shapes and sizes' -

So then I grabbed the next box, and realized it too was stuffed with goodies.

-

This sign made me laugh because I got bucked off last week.

-

And I love this one

-

Now this is where I get confused...the buffaloberry honey came from Colorado, but my SS address is IA...hmmm

-

I don't even want to know what Buffalo berries are. [Eek!]

I also got a jar of hand cream. A BEAUTIFUL painted ponies Christmas ornament - it's the Happy Trails one. Which I love - and there's no way it's only coming out at Christmas.

And some Cadburries Crunchies and Flakes. which I'm already debating where to hide them from the kids. -

And last but certainly not least. A book about Lost. My santa is really good. She got a lot of really cool stuff and she must have worked hard to get all that stuff. So thank you very very much. I love it all.

-

Now I have to figure out who this cool person is.

I sure hope my person likes their stuff this much.

Oh shoot, I knew just after I sent it that I screwed up by putting that honey in there. I thought I had covered my tracks pretty well and then I did that. [Duh]

Well I needed some clue as to who it was.

I really love everything thank you. There's some really thoughtful stuff in here and it's very appreciated. - especially for how much thought went in to it. [Huggy][Not Worthy]

You are very welcome. I have been worrying since I sent it that you would be disappointed.

Well it's 3:18pm here and the mail has already ran, so either my package hasn't made it's long journey to me yet or the person could have sent it UPS or Fedex? Anywho I can be patient, I have lots of that. [Crazy]

I find myself OBSESSED with this thread!

GA! I keep clicking on it & refreshing my browser...IMPATIENTLY waiting on my recipient to post!!! I've sent mine....I'm wringing my hands & my eyes are bugging out from all this staring at the forum!!! LOL....

I know by saying all of this, I've revealed I am not the SS of anyone's goodies so far [Razz]

[ 11-28-2006, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: DixieQueen ]

Oh plum pudding.I have never tasted that.Sounds good with a cup of coffee.

When can I come over?

I will bring the coffee.

Oh so many many nice gifts.