Sign in to follow this  
draftiemama

fl. buds (skydive video p16)

[shocked] You guys are to brave for your own good [Not Worthy]

I almost got sick just watching the shot out of the window, that ground was way to far away for my taste! [Crazy][smiley Wavey]

Ya know, seeing myself sitting on the edge like that I didn't realize that we sat there for so long. It certainly didn't feel like it. I remember thinking..."OMG, I'm going to hang my feet over the edge....OMG I'm hanging my feet over the edge......OMG my feet are OH #$%@!* WE ARE FALLING!!!!" I'm still smiling and ready to do it again right now!!! [Yay] I can't wait to get my video. I wonder what kind of music mine will have. Art never asked me, I'm pretty sure he was distracted. [Wink][Wink][big Grin]

This has been most enjoyable 'listening' and seeing all these great photos/videos with all of you. What an adventure for sure... [Jump]

Draftie, seeing you giving the AOK to QTime videoing before your jump literally made my stomach do a somersault even with knowing you landed safely.....man, you, LTR and Les have more guts than I don't know what.....wow... [Not Worthy] Even you QTime for going up in that little plane and taping them!!! Whew...

NELass, there were 2 buds that I had hoped would show up as a secret surprise, you were one of them.

But you didn't come. [Frown] You're not still mad at me about your brother are you? [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by draftiemama:

NELass, there were 2 buds that I had hoped would show up as a secret surprise, you were one of them.

But you didn't come.
[Frown]
You're not still mad at me about your brother are you?
[Wink]

Wow DM...that's so nice to hear you hoped I'd be surprising you...and believe me for such a great cause and to meet some of the BB buddies would have been alot of fun! Just as you all had..I've had many tears well up hearing of you alls adventure....... [Huggy]

Oh, and the bro thing is way long ago and no issue at all....he's a weirdo anyway... [Crazy]

I can hardly wait to get my video. I kicked my photo guy in the head as I was going out the door. I can just imagine him seeing this shoe coming straight for him and then being surprised as it impacted. [Embarrassed][Embarrassed]

I have already checked into doing the classes and my next jump will be solo. This was such a rush!! [Jump][Yay][Jump]

Don't know yet whether or not I'll jump next time, but I sure wouldn't mind another plane ride like that, that alone was too cool. Listening to them banter back and forth on the way up was too funny. Ask LTR if she's seen any dolphins lately. [ROTFL]

That's right, she sure did! Now I'm hungry. I think I'm going to have to make some for a Daytona party that we are going to tomorrow. Here is my recipe:

SAUSAGE BALLS

1 lb. hot sausage (or whatever kind you like in the tube)

2 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese

3 c. Bisquick (biscuit mix)

Allow cheese to come to room temperature. Combine all ingredients (easier done by hand). Shape into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately or may be frozen for future use.

Makes 40-50 balls.

and here is the Oyster Cracker Snack recipe. HFF will have to give her version, it was GOOD too.

2- 12oz. bags of Oyster Crackers

1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix

1 cup oil

1 tsp. Dill Weed (I use Pampered Chef Dill Mix)

1/2 tsp. Garlic powder

Add dry ingredients to oil, mix well. Pour over crackers and stir until well coated. Let stand for 1 hour, stirring occasionaly. Store in an airtight container.

I haven't watched the video yet, won't be able to until in the morening at work, but, from the descriptions I have heard so far, I WOULD have needed the Depends!!!!!

Good for you guys!

Cols

I ****might**** jump next year. Maybe. Seriously MAYBE! [Eek!] (I can't believe I'm even saying maybe!)

Next year hubby will be here (hopefully) so I could stay longer. I'm all for getting a pop-up trailer! [Yay]

I am wearing my horses for hospice hat right now, with the pen stuck in it. I think of that trip everytime I put on the hat.

Oh, yummy crackers...tasty treats...man...Vick, we need the gooey cake recipe!!! I need a sugar rush!!!

The crackers I made were

1 bag of oyster crackers.

1/2 cup of olive oil

Mixed up some Italian seasoning,

garlic powder, onion powder, and one packet

of veggie soup mix (and picked the peas out)

Mixed it up with the olive oil, then dumped it over the crackers, put the lid on & shook it a lot. Let it sit, shook it some more...etc, etc.

Then they made it several hours in a vehicle & were still tasty when we got there. [big Grin] Don't ask for measurements on the spices...I didn't use a measuring spoon or anything. Just shook it in.

HOWEVER...if anyone tries this, you might want to just use 1/2 a pack of veggie soup mix. Cause it was a bit saltier than I would've liked, and general consensus blamed the veggie soup mix. [big Grin]

My pin is on my jacket, so I get to see it every day. Thanks LTR!!! [Huggy][Huggy][Huggy]

The gooey cake. Easy to make.

1 box yellow cake mix

3 eggs

1 stick of melted butter

1 box confectioners sugar

1 box softened cream cheese

Mix with a fork the yellow cake mix, 1 egg and melted butter in a bowl. Press it into a sprayed casserole dish. (I use a 13" x 9" pan)

Then take the softened cream cheese, 2 eggs, and confectioners sugar and mix those with a mixer till it is creamy.

Pour it over the base and bake it on 350 for about 30 minutes or so. you want the top to be golden brown. It will puff up and then lay down as it cools. It has to be cool before you can cut it.

Hast- how did you make the veggie dish?

Draftie if my mac n cheese dish was not so similar as yours I would get that.

Ah man...I was tricked again!!!

Now I wish I hadn't asked...I can't stand cream cheese. But I didn't taste it a bit when I was eating that cake....I just hope I can block it out of my head now....

[ROTFL][ROTFL]

I got to watch the video and I have to say, you guys are AWESOME!! I am a major wimp though because me stomach really did start to feel sick when I saw you guys jump!!

I didn't even hear anyone scream!! I would have screamed bloody murder!!!

Cols

LOL, I ate too much of everything [Crazy] but I think I polished off at least half the plate of sausage balls singlehandedly. [Roll Eyes]

I slaved in the kitchen for hours over that veggie dish [Wink] LOL. Make three rows of one bag of frozen broccoli, one bag of frozen carrots, and one bag of frozen cauliflower with the carrots in the middle. pour two cans of (I even used low fat [Razz] ) concentrated cream of celery soup over the frozen veggies (asparagus soup is very good too) I seasoned with a some pepper since I forgot to bring my "vegetable seasoning" and topped it with grated sharp cheddar cheese... in the oven for half hour on 375-400 F -or so. LOL