Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

A little sumthin sumthin for Jack Baumgartner!!! Check it out,! (everyone welcome)

Hiya Mr. Jack!

So. . . last Saturday I ventured up to Warren Dunes State Park with some Indianna friends. . . Took some neat photos, and wondered how close you were to the dunes. . . ya know. . . those random, passing thoughts that pop into your head and are gone again in an instant. . . well. . . this one kept popping in and out all day. . . And well. . . I just figured you might enjoy some photos of my day at the beach!

Here's the group I went with. . . I'm the dark-haired girly in the back. . .

-

Me and Candice at the TOP of the dune! (I was TIRED from that climb!)

-

Some random shots from the day. . . lots of neat scenery there!

-

-

So an eagle of some sort landed on the beach and drew a huge crowd. . . I managed to get some neat photos of him hangin out in the sand!

-

-

Some shots from the beach. . .

-

-

Hope you're keepin yourself busy and well, Mr. Jack! Talk at ya later!

Ciao

[ 08-02-2007, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: PaintHorseKate81 ]

Hope ya don't mind me lookin' in! [smile]

Looks like a golden eagle maybe? Beautiful bird whatever it is!

I love the shot with the seagull! [big Grin]

[ 08-02-2007, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: rattusrat ]

Hope you don't mind me lookin in, but when I went to college in Indiana, our weekend adventures were at the Dunes!!!!

Your pics brought back old memories. Wow! The eagle is gorgeous as are all your pics. [smiley Wavey]

Hey Ratts! Nope. . . don't mind in the least smidgey bit! In fact. . . it's more than welcome! (I just figured if Jack's name was in the title. . . he'd be more likely to see it and take a look!)

He was a beautiful bird, eh??? I got within about 15 feet of him and he just sat there lookin at me. . . took a couple little shuffle steps towards me like he was curious and then just settled in for the photo shoot! I've NEVER been that close to an eagle before! Pretty neat!

thanks for the compliments and thanks for lookin! [big Grin][smiley Wavey]

quote:

Originally posted by PaintHorseKate81:

Just bumping this up for Jack!

Where oh where are you Mr. Jack!?!?!?
[Confused][big Grin][Razz]

I'm here, Kate. I had some errands to run today, and didn't get home 'til after 6:00PM.

Thanks for the pics. [Not Worthy][Huggy] We live on the southeastern side of Michigan, so we don't have any dunes. My old legs are so out of shape, I wouldn't be able to climb them if we did.

Now keep on posting those pictures. I need things to occupy my time until my wife comes home on the 22nd. Everyone else should post pics here too! [smiley Wavey]

Well Mr. Jack! I'm glad you enjoyed them! I'll tell ya. . . my legs weren't quite up for the challenge of those dunes either. . . but I somehow forced myself to climb, not one. . . but TWO rather large mountains of sand. [Eek!] Musta been my friend egging me on that got me through. . .

I will try my best to keep you in photos til your wifey returns, Mr. Jack. . . BUT. . . I AM going on a mini vacation of my own. . . so I'm not sure if I will be on very much THIS week. Saturday I am heading to Bristol, WI for the Renaissance Faire (I will be one of the many costumed fools who dares to brave the heat) So I may have some photos from that. . . But I then leave rather early Sunday morning for a short fishing trip to Hayward, WI. . . and will be gone thru Thursday, with no internet access. . . after that I should have plenty of photos for you! [big Grin]

Hastflicka. . . Thank you so very much for the compliment. [Huggy] I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. . . And I certainly do encourage everyone to post their favorite photos here to keep Jack busy, and so that we can all admire them as well. Lets try not to let this post get lost while I'm away! [big Grin]

I'm off to pack for my trip! Catch y'all on the flip side!

[smiley Wavey]

Time for a limerick.

A horse-riding lady from Gorham

Bought some tight jodhpurs and wore 'em

She stooped and she laughed

Then she felt a cool draft

And knew doggoned well that she tore 'em.

Okay, everybody, let's see some limericks. [Yay][Jump]

Keep the pictures coming! Always be careful there, though. There are usually a few people that drown there every summer from the undertows. The eagle looks very tired with his wings set like that. Could he have come from across the lake? Maybe he was from Wisconsin making sure that you're going to be on your way! I live just a bit north and inland about 8 miles. I work in St. Joseph and see the lake twice a day every work day. Our warehouse is usually kinda warm and too humid from being too close to the lake, lol!

Jack, keep the limericks coming. It's a dying art and soo much fun!

[ 08-03-2007, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: snowyhorse1 ]

Ok. . . Mr. Jack. . . I've got my attempt at a limmerick(sp?) for you. . . keep in mind. . . I tried to keep it clean for any young eyes. . . and my own. [big Grin][Wink]

It starts out generically enough. . . but stick with me, OK?

There once was a girl from Nantucket

With a Unibrow so bad she did pluck it

So she tweezed lots of hair

Now there's two eyebrows there

She looked in the mirror and said...PERFECT!

OOOHHHH. . . You dirty mind you! You were thinkin naughty words that WHOLE time, WEREN'T YOU!?!?!?! [Crazy][big Grin][Wink]

That's my minimal writin' skills for ya Jack. . . Hope it makes you smile anyways!

[ 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: PaintHorseKate81 ]

There was a young lass from St. Paul

Wore a newspaper dress to a ball

There came a great fire

That burned her entire

Front page, sporting section and all!

A lady who lived in St. Paul

Attended an orgy last fall

She brought along pessaries,

And other accessories,

But nobody asked her at all!

Be back later. Have to go to the doctor's.

[ 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Jack Baumgartner ]

Another limerick for ya Mr. Jack! (I thought this one up special . . . Just for you!) [big Grin][Wink]

Well, Jacks wife went away on a cruise

But he hasn't been drinkin that booze

Jack just visits Horse City

Posting rhymes that are witty

It keeps him from feelin' the blues

[Razz][Crazy]

Catch ya later Jack!

quote:

Another limerick for ya Mr. Jack! (I thought this one up special . . . Just for you!)
[big Grin][Wink]

Well, Jacks wife went away on a cruise

But he hasn't been drinkin that booze

Jack just visits Horse City

Posting rhymes that are witty

It keeps him from feelin' the blues

[Razz][Crazy]

Catch ya later Jack!

Not too dang bad yourself, Kate! That is a classic!

But ya know what? I was out pricing Scotch today. My meds strictly forbid me from using any alcohol, but when I left my doctor's office today, I stopped in at my endocrinologist's office (in the same clinic), to make arrangements for someone to give me a shot while my wife is away.

My wife gives me an injection of testosterone every two weeks. Next Thursday is the day, and my wife is in another country. The gal who usually gives me the shot won't be there, but the gals in the office said one of them would do it. One of them said something like, "We like shots too. Especially Scotch." So, I think it would be a nice gesture for me to bring along a bottle of Johnnie Walker. [Confused]

Johnny Walker is good if you like Scotch. . . although. . . my big brother would probably turn his nose up at the stuff for some of the more expensive imported brands. . . Personally. . . I think the stuff smells like rubbing alcohol. . . [Crazy]

I'm a bourbon girl myself. . . Love a good single malt whiskey. Give me Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, etc. . . and I'm a happy girl! [Wink]

BUT. . . I do think a bottle of scotch to pass around the office would be a welcome gift. . . I once had a customer bring me a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream through the drive up window at the bank I worked at. . . b/c he heard me say how much I liked it in my hot chocolate. I TREASURED that bottle through the winter months! [big Grin]

Well, life is good in Good ol' montana! Its hot and I'm to lazy to work with El Bandito. So, I'm here at 11:14pm, looking for something to do. haha.

I went to tun Banditt out and called him, he looked up and ran FULL blast to the fence. I haltered him and took him to the other pasture. I tell you, this guy has one personality.. lol

quote:

Johnny Walker is good if you like Scotch. . . although. . . my big brother would probably turn his nose up at the stuff for some of the more expensive
imported
brands. . . Personally. . . I think the stuff smells like rubbing alcohol. . .
[Crazy]

I'm a bourbon girl myself. . . Love a good single malt whiskey. Give me Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, etc. . . and I'm a happy girl!
[Wink]

BUT. . . I do think a bottle of scotch to pass around the office would be a welcome gift. . . I once had a customer bring me a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream through the drive up window at the bank I worked at. . . b/c he heard me say how much I liked it in my hot chocolate. I TREASURED that bottle through the winter months!
[big Grin]

I liked Scotch and water, Bourbon and water, Cognac and Coke, whatever. Never felt the need to try those fruity, faddish girly drinks. The only times I drank tequila, it was straight from the bottle. Excuse me while I try to return to normal breathing!

Did I ever tell you about the drink I concocted at the cyber bar? I filled a tall glass with shaved ice, then added:

1 shot of Captain Black

1 shot of Jacks Daniels Tennessee sippin' whiskey

1 shot of Johnny Walker black label Scotch

For a mixer, I added some Colt 45.

And there you have it - A Tall Black Tennessee Walker Colt! [big Grin]

Great pics of the Dunes, Kate

Looked like it was a fabulous time [Cool]

Well Jack, since you're not on a cruise around the world with the Mrs.. i'd like to invite you to drift off on a Disney Cruise and to Disney World with the Campbellini Clan.

I hope you feel as if you were there too [big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meX8WpH5txo

and this vid is of Disney's private island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELg08xGyn4

Hey Jack. . . I think I'd like to take that Tall Black Tennesee Walker Colt for a spin! Do ya think it will knock me on my arse??? Or is it easy to handle?

hehehee [Crazy]

quote:

Hey Jack. . . I think I'd like to take that Tall Black Tennesee Walker Colt for a spin! Do ya think it will knock me on my arse??? Or is it easy to handle?

hehehee
[Crazy]

Kate ~ In the cyber bar, you never get knocked on your arse from too much of the sauce. You just click on another thread and the dizziness stops.