Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

A little sumthin sumthin for Jack Baumgartner!!! Check it out,! (everyone welcome)

I"ve re-opened this thread as promised.

Jack. I am the one who just deleted your replies on the last pages of this thread.

And I STILL don't know what happened to the other one.

char

BOY HOWDY!

I take a weekend off and the 'stuff' hits the fan!

[Confused]

Not quite sure what I missed. . . but as they say. . . curiosity killed the cat. . . so I'll contain myself and move on from here.

OIY VEY!

What a horrible horrible HORRIBLE dream I had last night!

It was set back at the old place. . . where I grew up. I had just gotten home from work and was heading out to the barn to pull my horse in for a ride. When I get to the paddock, he's stumbling around, trying to keep his feet under him. . . and then he collapses. I'm absolutely HORRIFIED. . . I rush to his side, only to find him a completely mangled, bloody mess. . . My baby is dying! I sit there in the mess of blood and mud, with my horse's head in my lap sobbing for him to PLEASE GET UP. . . DON'T LEAVE ME! But it's too late. . . he dies as I hold him.

It's obvious he'd been attacked by something. . . so I go on the hunt. . . . but it doesn't take long to find the culprit. . . It's my sister's dog (he's passed away in real life). . . this big bulldog. . . and he's just gone crazy. He's running around covered in blood, and tries to attack my dad. . . but we are able to trap him in a stall. I go for a gun, but when I go to take a shot at the dog, my sister stops me. . . yelling that I can't shoot her baby. She wouldn't let me get my justice.

From there, the dream abruptly switches. . . A friend has taken me to Vegas to get my mind off of my loss. . . I'm playing poker, and WINNING scads of money. . . but I'm sitting there still covered in mud and caked with my horse's dried blood.

I woke up then. It was absolutely GODAWFUL horrible. . . And I can't, for the life of me figure out WHY I would dream something so gruesome and distressing. . .

Started my week off just positively HORRIBLE. [Eek!]

PaintHorseKate:

Certainly a horrible dream to have but don't read too much into it. [Huggy] I have awful dreams ALL THE TIME regarding my beloved German Shepherd Riley. He dies in all sorts of horrible ways. It is obviously my inner turmoil in how afraid I am in losing him and how much I dread that day when he leaves me! Maybe I should see a therapist! [Frown]

Anyway I certainly wish you happier dreams from now on! [Angel]

thanks pntdhorses. . . Yeah. . .I'm not normally prone to nasty dreams. . . so that's what made it so upsetting I think. [Confused]

Ah well. . . I'm awake now. . . and trying not to dwell on it. . .

I'm sure if I got some work done it would help. [Roll Eyes]

Kate,

I haven't posted on this thread before, but as for this past weekend, when it rains it pours. But I'm sure this current situation will work it'self out. Details arn't important, it appears a line fence has a snag in it, both parties I think will work together fixing it.

Sorry about your dream, I have never put much thought into the meaning of dreams, we can read so much into something that it can drive you crazy. In reality, you are okay & so is your horse. I hope your day has a pleasant ending. BestWishes. PD

Thanks PeppersDad. . . I don't really put too much effort into trying to figure out my dreams. I can normally pinpoint what triggered them fairly easily. . . but this one was just outa the blue.

I'm thinking the storm fronts rolling through were messing with my head.

An interesting aside to this ... but Char, is there any particular protocol in place to alert people who have (and sometimes unknowingly, but sometimes knowingly) offended someone into having a post or topic deleted that would involve explaining what the offensive commentary was?

Kate. Sorry about the dream. What you need to do is start thinking about one of your favorite hollywood hunks before you go to bed.

OK, well I have a rare night off lately, so I am getting off of here and working on some contest entries.

And I'm actually considering joining the local mounted Sheriff's posse. Using Rio. Thunder would be a bit ... well ... persnickety about some of the patrol duties and parades. LOL. We'll see how it goes.

wow lot's going on this weekend. [Confused]

Hiya Jack! Any more stories comin this way?

Kate: what an AWFUL dream!!! I hate dreams like that. Don't know if it's related but I always have bad dreams when A: I'm stressed out and B: I eat late or have caffeine late at night. [Confused]

Gonna post a few ocean pics on Da Posse Party tommorrow. [smile] Didn't take many for some reason.

The Lyle Lovett concert was INCREDIBLE. The man is so talented and really knows how to put on a show and ENTERTAIN you! [Not Worthy]

Definitely will go see him again and again.

Nighty night! [smiley Wavey]

quote:

Originally posted by RollingThunder:

An interesting aside to this ... but Char, is there any particular protocol in place to alert people who have (and sometimes unknowingly, but sometimes knowingly) offended someone into having a post or topic deleted that would involve explaining what the offensive commentary was?

Kate. Sorry about the dream. What you need to do is start thinking about one of your favorite hollywood hunks before you go to bed.

OK, well I have a rare night off lately, so I am getting off of here and working on some contest entries.

And I'm actually considering joining the local mounted Sheriff's posse. Using Rio. Thunder would be a bit ... well ... persnickety about some of the patrol duties and parades. LOL. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not Char, but the offender gets a pm with an explanation. After a couple of those, they generally get a warning from Char. If that is ignored, they end up in the deep doo-doo.

quote:

Originally posted by MithrilMaid:

wow lot's going on this weekend.
[Confused]

Hiya Jack! Any more stories comin this way?

The Lyle Lovett concert was INCREDIBLE.

Did he sing, "If I Had a Boat"?

I'm gonna hold off on the stories for a while. I feel sort of gun-shy.

quote:

Originally posted by ozland:

I'm not Char, but the offender gets a pm with an explanation. After a couple of those, they generally get a warning from Char. If that is ignored, they end up in the deep doo-doo.

Strange..... it didn't work that way in my case. [Confused]

Something I posted was summarily deleted. No explanation, and Char doesn't know who did it. But, I trust the she wiil get to the bottom of it.

Sorry about that, guy. There WAS a big mod discussion about that one, and no one knows what happened. System glitches really DO happen now and then. Computers are like that. Yours wasn't the first, and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. One of MY posts went that way a couple years ago, and I'm a MOD! [Confused]

This bulletin board software is pretty much obsolete. There is a new system in the works to replace it some day, not sure when tho. I've had two posts go into cyber space this week. [Confused] I'm sure Char would have called me out on them, if I'd been bad, which I wasn't. [Wink] One post I started and had to start it a second time. I could see it on my screen, but when I refreshed it was gone completely. If I went back, it was there. I even had others look to see if they could see it, and they couldn't. The other was a reply that just went poof. Nobody deleted them, nor did I. Every time my system does a cache clean up, or if I log out, I can't log back in, my password gets mysteriously changed. No explanation for that either. [Confused] Others have made complaints about lost posts as well. I don't know if it's the software itself or because we have so many members that the program gets overloaded, because it's so busy, or what. I'm thinking software, because some real funky things have been happening lately. I think we're really due for that more current bulletin board software program real soon. This one seems to be falling apart at the seams.

Maybe it's the length of this thread. I like to read this thread, but 7 out of 10 times I click on it, it won't open for me. So I quit reading it. It took 5 tries to make last night's post, and 4 tries this morning. Any other thread loads lickity split for me. So maybe it's time to start a new version. [Confused]