Sign in to follow this  
katie may

**PICS!!** MY GRANITE IS HERE! **PICS**

i am so excited! [Jump] can you tell? [Wink]

don't worry. i will take some pics. then we are going to put in the oven and cooktop. and the pendants above the island!

the upsatirs is ready for primer. i can't wait to get started on putting colors up there!

i will have more tomorrow afternoon!

[ 08-17-2007, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: katie may ]

I missed your last 2 updates with pics because I was not at a place with high speed internet [Me Cry]

But I'm excited, you're building such a wonderful home! [Jump]

Oh man! Exciting stuff! I want to see pictures when the kitchen has everything in it!!!

[Yay][Jump][Yay]

Your house is already so gorgeous that I really can't wait for the finished product and I'm sure you can't either!!! [big Grin]

so they arrived 30 min early. and they starting measuring. and measuring. and measuring! i kept thinking "get my granite out already!"

then they started to argue! and they are chinese so it was funny. they sounded like an old married couple! and for a second there i thought they were going to start wrestling about it. i don't even know what they were fighting about!

then one of the guys phone rand and i swear on my life that he said "oui" like he was speaking french. then before him and his sidekick left i swear he said "manana" you know like "tomorrow" in spanish. then he said to me "we will be back at 10 tomorrow." [Duh] what kind of cart and pony show are you running here!

but i thouhgt it was going to be in today! oh well one more day won't kill me. sorry no pics til tomorrow. [Razz]

they are installing it right now. they have been over there since 10 am and should be done by 7. so when it is done i wll post the pics! it is sooooo pretty and looks awesome with the cabinets.

so hang on!

FINALLY some pics!!!!!

the island.

-

the cooktop on the island.

-

the main countertop

-

and the sink. they have to come back and install it tomorrow. they did not have the hardware with them. [Duh]

-

here is the dining room light. it is up higher for right now. so Hubby does not bang his head on it when laying the wood. ain't it purty?

-

and the mantle. it is a solid piece of walnut. a guy at Hubby's work gave it to him. it is beautiful. he did an awesome job finishing it.

-

....I absolutely LOVE your chandelier.

It really really looks like candles....wowzer.

And the granite.

To die for.

KM you are one lucky chickie.

And hubby is about the hardest working son of a you know what that I've ever seen...

• " title="" src="graemlins/notworthy.gif" />

i know. and i hate that he has to work so hard. when he gets off work at 2:15 am tomorrow he is going over to the house to bush hog about 20 acres. then he is going to bring the tractor over here (across the road) and bush hog 10 more acres. he is also going to finish the mantle and lay some floor. oh and he has to teach me how to use the paint sprayer so i can primer the second floor.

he is an incredible man and i am honored to call myself his wife.

quote:
Originally posted by Cactus Rose:

....I absolutely LOVE your chandelier.

It really really looks like candles....wowzer.

And the granite.

To die for.

KM you are one lucky chickie.

And hubby is about the hardest working son of a you know what that I've ever seen...

• " title="" src="graemlins/huggy.gif" />

Those huge slabs of granite are just STUNNING!

And the Mantle. wow!

Will you guys be in soon? It's really coming along!

you should have seen them carrying the big pieces in. talk about getting a hernia!

i really want to be in by the end of Sept. even if everything is not "done".