Sign in to follow this  
Wild Rose

Not good news....not good at all....

WR, if you need to talk....please, don't hesitate to call.

As far as seeing him...it's a very personal choice.

I'm not sure what you believe in. But after spending last moments with patients in hospice...long after they were conscious....often days or weeks since they'd had cogent thought....I really believe that they know when there are people around who love them. And it seems to help them let go.

Maybe that's just me kidding myself. Or maybe it was due in part to seeing the visible relief in family or friends who were able to make it in time and say their goodbyes in their own way.

I don't know for sure.

I hope that you and your brother's family can find peace and that he is able to leave peacefully as well.

[Huggy]

Oh, WR, I am so sorry.

I cannot imagine how you must feel right now. All I can offer are hugs to you and the rest of your family [Huggy][Huggy][Huggy]

As for visiting, Do whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever will help you find closure. I do have to agree with Buddy that it seems like it helps to be there, even when the person seems like they are gone. I still feel like my family made my great-grandmother's last days a little bit better simply by being in the room and talking with her.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sure that your brother knows that you loved him and he will understand.

[Angel]

Brenna

I know exactly what you are going through. My favorite brother died last June. I would have moved Heaven and earth and driven all night in my 20 year old car to be with him, but I was not given the option. His wife found him dead at the foot of the basement stairs while he was getting ready to go up to camp. Our consolation is the fact that he died happy, doing what he loved most.

My prayers are with your family, and if I can do anything PM me for my phone number.

Kate

Thank you all so much.

I'm going to see him tomorrow. My nephew will come and pick me up at 7 AM. My SIL wants to go earlier to spend some time alone with Jim.

Buddy, pelirrojaloca, an KGB, thank you for those words. You confirm what I decided I should do...go and be with him for a little while.

KGB, I'm so sorry that happened with your brother. [Huggy]

I hope I can get some sleep tonight.

WR I so sorry to hear this. [Huggy] Many hugs and prayers for you and the family. I'm glad you are going to see him tomorrow. Whether you ever know or not he may know you are there. [Huggy]

[Angel][Angel][Angel]

quote:

He's still alive now, but once they take him off the life support,....they don't give him very long.

My dear WR.

What can I say but......go. Just.........go.

[Huggy]

[Angel]

Honey, I am so sorry to hear this. I've only lost my baby brother for a year while he is away at private school and that hurts me so much, I don't know what I would do if I was actually losing him. May your brother go with dignity and rest in peace. Sending my thoughts, prayers, and love to all of you involved. I am very happy that you are going- my cousin was in a car accident a few years ago and the family pulled life support Christmas Day while the rest of us where doing the "usual" Christmas activities (they had told us to go and do this and then did the brain scan and discovered Kayle no longer had any activity so they decided to take her off life support)- none of us where told and 3 years later it still makes me sad that I wasn't able to go and give my final good byes. I wish with all of my heart I had been able too as she and I where very close. I will say that it is a very personal decision... I am glad you will be doing this. My heart is breaking for you. If there is anything at all we can do to help you know we will.

[Angel][Huggy][Angel][Huggy][Angel]

WildRose- I am so very sorry to hear this news, but you are making the right decision to go. Even if its for just a few minutes to say goodbye. Trust me he will know you are there, dont believe the doctors. I have seen it with my grandma, they seem to know you are there. They may not move or respond but I do believe they know you are there. My thoughts are prayers are with yo and your family during this awful sadness. [Angel][Angel][Huggy][Huggy][Huggy][Angel][Angel]

WR- I am so sorry. I know the pain. I lost my brother nearly 30 years ago, and I never did get over it. His funeral was the last one I ever attended. May your memories bring you lots of joy. My heart goes out to your family.

WR - I am so sorry. I wish I could help in some small way. Many [Huggy] and [Angel] to you and your family.

Thank you.

I did manage to get some sleep, thanks to two Tylenol PM's. I woke up at 4 AM, though, and couldn't get back to sleep. Good thing I did get up then, anyway, because I needed to fill the horses' water tank.

I should have done it yesterday, but figured there would be enough water for overnight. There was, but, now I had to drag the hose out there now at this early hour.

So, I decided to check in here. I have to go eat something and get ready to go soon.

All of your concern is helping. This is going to be tough, but I'll get through it.